Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Its All Wright

People who leave 1 biscuit in the package. Nobody ever has just 1 biscuit with a mug of tea & the person who leaves the 1 biscuit in the package is aware of this so they should either eat the last biscuit themselves or give it to the dog. So so annoying grrr

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Dubchild

El Guapo! wrote: »
    As the title says, what seemingly trivial things bug you?

There's plenty for me, but lately its a spoon.

In the top drawer in the kitchen we have all the cutlery in one of those tray things that everyone has. Everything's in its own little section. But there's one bastard spoon doing my head in.
    I have no idea where it came from or why it's even there.
    The problem is, it's too big to be a small spoon.....but too small to be a big spoon. I never know what section to put it in, and every time I open the drawer.........there it is. Mocking me.

I fúcking hate that spoon.

Open the bin like ur having a ritual and say gone be with you annoying spoon, throw the bugger in :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Here, anyone know where Czarcasm is? He's not answering his phone :D

I think he is out having a smoke. On company pay time. Tut tut.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Paddy Fields

When you are selling a car and someone tells you they ll definitely call to see it that evening and alas you're left sitting in like a tool with no one showing up...
    Seriously why the fook bother ringing and promise the sun moon n stars that you ll come then don't ?
    If you re not interested that's fine but please don't waste my time cause there's better things I could have been doing!!

Sorry bout the rant :)

I had that a lot earlier this year but it was house contents. I had a guy ring about a TV and he wasn't far from me, I asked when he would call, he said "Now!" That might have been April and he is not here yet. Also a woman for a wall unit rang 4 times to update me on her situation and her uncle was in hospital and she'd be here tomorrow. Again around April and she still isn't here. I got so sick of it I cancelled all my ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭gagomes

What really grinds my gears is when in a bus stop, people go ahead of me into the bus. I am a foreigner. In every other country I lived before, there's often queueing and respect for people who arrived first. In Dublin sometimes people who only just arrived manage to get into a bus while others who were there since the dawn of time can't even get into the bus because "oopsie dazy, we're full now".

• Advertisement

Those letter boxes in the door with the brush in them. Occasionally when i have to strugle with one i realise how much of a pain it can be to be a postman or postwoman.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Dubchild wrote: »
    Those letter boxes in the door with the brush in them. Occasionally when i have to strugle with one i realise how much of a pain it can be to be a postman or postwoman.

Draft-blocker. The wind whistles in those things without 'em.

I wish who ever makes them could put a bigger space somehow for the post. Fek it i need to get one as my letter shutter makes a right racket on a windy day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Anyone got plans for the weekend? Doing anything nice? Going anywhere special? Going away for the weekend, oh ya dirty thing ya, don't do anything I wouldn't do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Anyone got plans for the weekend? Doing anything nice? Going anywhere special? Going away for the weekend, oh ya dirty thing ya, don't do anything I wouldn't do

I call this hairdresser talk. I hate it. I have one barber who doesn't speak to me. When she doesn't she gets a tip, when she does, no tip. Mine is a derivative work based on Pavlov's classical conditioning theory.

• Advertisement

I call this hairdresser talk. I hate it. I have one barber who doesn't speak to me. When she doesn't she gets a tip, when she does, no tip. Mine is a derivative work based on Pavlov's classical conditioning theory.

Yeah, but whats the haircut like?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Yeah, but whats the haircut like?:D

Never mind the haircut, what's the barber like? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

gagomes wrote: »
    What really grinds my gears is when in a bus stop, people go ahead of me into the bus. I am a foreigner. In every other country I lived before, there's often queueing and respect for people who arrived first. In Dublin sometimes people who only just arrived manage to get into a bus while others who were there since the dawn of time can't even get into the bus because "oopsie dazy, we're full now".

My soulmate..... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

I have a hair stuck in the back of my throat. Im steadily going demented with it :mad:

Ive tried squirting water down my throat, eating dry food etc. I very rarely get angry, but right now Im actually fuming!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I have a hair stuck in the back of my throat. Im steadily going demented with it :mad:

Ive tried squirting water down my throat, eating dry food etc. I very rarely get angry, but right now Im actually fuming!!!

Reminds me of this little song:

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Reminds me of this little song:

Ha! Thats made me smile, I used to have it on my ipod :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Children bag packing for charity. Got to the checkouts today to find 4 kids packing bags for a charity at the bottom of the checkout. They looked to be 1st years from a local secondary school. Come on ffs, it's Friday, it's really busy and would the kids time not be better employed in the classroom instead of piddling about in a supermarket. Honestly, it's annoyed me so much that I would seriously be put off donating to this very well known charity in future.

Is this what passes for schools extra-curricular activities these days, because it certainly felt like a class day out. Really annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Probably mentioned but people who wear their propensity to binge drink every so often as a badge of honour.

The "sure you know me, if I have one drink, I have 20. I'm mad I am" type of idiot.

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Children bag packing for charity. Got to the checkouts today to find 4 kids packing bags for a charity at the bottom of the checkout. They looked to be 1st years from a local secondary school. Come on ffs, it's Friday, it's really busy and would the kids time not be better employed in the classroom instead of piddling about in a supermarket. Honestly, it's annoyed me so much that I would seriously be put off donating to this very well known charity in future.

Is this what passes for schools extra-curricular activities these days, because it certainly felt like a class day out. Really annoying.

Don't forget the complete lack of cop-on when they're doing this, e.g. bag of heavy potatoes placed on top of sliced pan; bottle of domestos in bag with fresh fruit, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

Those people who try and pump soap into you hands and hand you a towel when you go to take a pee and certain nightclubs and bars. Looking for the small change.

Piss off you low life or I will call welfare.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

This post has been deleted.

How do you know they are not legally residing?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

It annoys me more than it should....but people reading my newspaper before I have had a chance to read it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

gagomes wrote: »

Almost every bus I get the que is respected, Could be a Dublin thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Anyone wrote: »
    It annoys me more than it should....but people reading my newspaper before I have had a chance to read it.

Or worse reading it and then telling you some of the more interesting pieces from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

brokenarms wrote: »
    Those people who try and pump soap into you hands and hand you a towel when you go to take a pee and certain nightclubs and bars. Looking for the small change.

Piss off you low life or I will call welfare.

you sure its soap and not just some guy trying to George Michael you

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

I hate anything to do with football...to my mind nothing more irritatting has ever been devised.

It's on in pubs so huge,bloated beer monsters can screech and bellow at the television.

Irish people who bullshiit about the six counties and up the ra and all that cobblers "supporting" an english team...idiots talking as if they themselves are playing the matches "we beat youse last night" etc etc.

The self-same fat fools disecting the match in the pub afterwards,"he should've done this,he's a bad forward,that was some pass" and all this malarky like they were experts on tactics as well as football generally.

the mere mention of phrases like "champions league" or the "premeiership" gets me worked up...i dispise the whole thing.

I had to give a blood sample today, my veins are terrible and she was rooting around with the needle for ages. I dont mind needles at all, but now Im left with dark purple bruises on both arms! Even lifting my handbag is sore :(

/enough moaning.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 PhilHogan

People who complain about humble politicians without ever voting or getting up off their arses to do something for themselves.

• Advertisement

I had to give a blood sample today, my veins are terrible and she was rooting around with the needle for ages. I dont mind needles at all, but now Im left with dark purple bruises on both arms! Even lifting my handbag is sore :(

/enough moaning.

That reminds me. I go and donate my pint a couple of times per year, no big deal, now I have no problem with people who cant donate, or even if they, for whatever reason don't want to, but what gets on my wick is " oh, you are great, its a blah blah, I would love to donate, but I don't like needles" For the record I HATE needles. IMO, if you are so afraid of needles, you should carry a little card stating same, in case you are ever in an accident, you would not want to a blood transfusion by mistake.;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement