Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I had to give a blood sample today, my veins are terrible and she was rooting around with the needle for ages. I dont mind needles at all, but now Im left with dark purple bruises on both arms! Even lifting my handbag is sore :(

/enough moaning.

My GP is atrocious at giving blood tests, the nurse is brilliant, don't feel a thing and there's only the tiny mark when I take the plaster off afterwards, him though? big bruises, and once he accidentally moved the needle as it was in my arm, even thinking about it now makes me cringe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

krudler wrote: »
    My GP is atrocious at giving blood tests, the nurse is brilliant, don't feel a thing and there's only the tiny mark when I take the plaster off afterwards, him though? big bruises, and once he accidentally moved the needle as it was in my arm, even thinking about it now makes me cringe.

Yeah she was digging it around trying to get one :mad: Im sure it will be black tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Digging? :eek:

I remember once I got blood taken and the bitch stabbed me so hard I was almost foaming at the mouth

Digging? :eek:

I remember once I got blood taken and the bitch stabbed me so hard I was almost foaming at the mouth

Yes! Digging!! Literally rooting around the inside of my arm. She tried one arm 3 times and the other twice.

I give blood every 3 months and never end up marks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Yes! Digging!! Literally rooting around the inside of my arm. She tried one arm 3 times and the other twice.

I give blood every 3 months and never end up marks.

Oh stop!! What did you say to her??!

• Advertisement

Oh stop!! What did you say to her??!

Nothing, told her to do what she had to do! She kept moaning at me saying I didnt drink enough water today, I felt like a scolded child. She was also a complete b*tch. She had to air the room out because the guy that was in before me had BO :eek: Why would you tell me this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Slow people at checkouts. Slow people in general.

Today some absolute geebag was taking forever getting her shit together, all the while banging the absolute ears off the checkout operative.

Then as she was paying, she proudly declared, "I don't carry a purse anymore". She took out a small plastic bag, and out of that, another small plastic bag with a kind of plastic document holder. Out of that she took an envelope and a wad of 50s were preened from the tatty old envelope.

Meanwhile, the checkouts in my immediate vicinity were shuttling customers through like there was no tomorrow as I stood there in agony watching her contemplate where in her stupidly overflowing trolly she should put her last 7 bags of shopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,032 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

keith16 wrote: »
    Slow people at checkouts. Slow people in general.

Today some absolute geebag was taking forever getting her shit together, all the while banging the absolute ears off the checkout operative.

Then as she was paying, she proudly declared, "I don't carry a purse anymore". She took out a small plastic bag, and out of that, another small plastic bag with a kind of plastic document holder. Out of that she took an envelope and a wad of 50s were preened from the tatty old envelope.

Meanwhile, the checkouts in my immediate vicinity were shuttling customers through like there was no tomorrow as I stood there in agony watching her contemplate where in her stupidly overflowing trolly she should put her last 7 bags of shopping.

i'm just back from Tesco. was queuing behind a woman with a couple of bags of stuff. midway through she tells the checkout person that she doesn't remember the pin of her credit card and can she just sign for the stuff.

can you even do that anymore? anyway he said he cant, and has to cancel the transaction. Wat should of been a 30 sec wait turned into about 5 mins.

she knew she didn't remember the pin because she 'never uses it'. why bother? :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

I never had a very good grasp of chemistry (OK I was literally atrocious at it in school), but god damn it really shows when I go into the chemist thinking of liquid parrafin when what I ACTUALLY needed, was methylated spirits.

I'm here for the last hour trying to get a bunsen burner of liquid parrafin to light (it's a bunsen burner in a child's chemistry set, had one myself as a child, but really I just liked setting fire to stuff :pac:), that wasn't working, obviously.

So I had some white spirits here (I thought I remembered something about that being flammable, but no, that's turpentine. I know - I really should've googled this shìt first), and that wouldn't light, next thing I look at the bottle and it's some "ECO-SPIRIT" crap - NON FLAMMABLE!! :mad:

Bloody annoying, have to go all the way back down to the chemist again now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭LoganRice

Trivial things that annoy me are buffering, when you can't sleep and have to get up early the next day, when people say "it's the bee's knees", and man more trivial things :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

People that do not wash there hands after taking a dump.

Peeling garlic.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

LoganRice wrote: »
    Trivial things that annoy me are buffering, when you can't sleep and have to get up early the next day, when people say "it's the bee's knees", and man more trivial things :-)

I end up downloading a torrent in the end, have been half way through a programme when it becomes an endless buffer, feck that, VLC player and away ya go!

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭The Big Smoke

How dublin seems to go into ****ing gridlock when it rains. It has been raining for ****ing centuries in this bloody country you think we would be used to it but nooooooooooooooooooooooo. *chokes on rage*

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

brokenarms wrote: »
    People that do not wash there hands after taking a dump.

Peeling garlic.

Especially if they are peeling garlic after taking said dump.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

How dublin seems to go into ****ing gridlock when it rains. It has been raining for ****ing centuries in this bloody country you think we would be used to it but nooooooooooooooooooooooo. *chokes on rage*

Doesn't only happen in the big smoke. It happens out here with us culchies too, just a pity we don't have the roads to cope with it. Every time it rains, it seems like cars and other vehicles start to breed. Where are all these freakin cars, buses, trucks, tractors, etc etc coming from, why do so many people need to be outdoors on a god forsaken wet day????

jimgoose wrote: »
    They reason, incorrectly, that if Some Lights == Good, then More Lights == Better.
    Only slightly less annoying than the dipsticks who think (head) lights are only for seeing with and refuse to switch them on until the road is completely dark, most car parking lights are so dim that they're useless when being used instead of headlights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

The way pedestrians somehow think it's ok to walk out in front of cars in traffic when it's raining, wtf like? I know you're getting wet but the rules of physics are still the same, the car will still hit you if you walk in front of it and it will still hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭razorgil

the way some motorists wait at junctions until you're about ten feet away....then drive out in front of you!!!

Drivers who stop at least a car's length before they come to the traffic lights. The invisible man or woman must be driving the car in front of them.

Glitter that comes off Christmas cards, it sticks to everything else mind you, your fingers, your clothes, the carpet or wooden floor, the table, what the fook is going on with it?

Sellotape that will stick to everything else except what you want it to. And it also sticks to itself especially when you need to wrap up Christmas gifts.

Christmas wrapping paper, will it rip or tear (ter) just before you get the gift wrapped up and think yes, I've beaten the little b*****d this year... and then it rips.

Politicians with either comb overs or hair pieces that look so dodgy, you wouldn't trust them to tell you the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭canadianwoman

A broken kettle. :(

• Advertisement

Leaking tea pots in restaurants. It goes on the saucer, the table, your clothes (ouch), the floor. Everywhere except into the cup.

Broken locks on public toilet doors. You're in the jacks standing on one foot, balancing precariously, while trying to stop some tool pushing the jacks door open. Meanwhile little jimmy wants to aim for the floor.

Empty soap dispensers in public jacks.

Hand dryers that either don't work in public jacks or you feel like your standing behind a 747 as it takes off.

Big cheer to the tool who removed the plastic toilet seat covers, and now you have to sit on the porcelain, ooohhhh cold.

Anyone who wears lycra sports clothing in November.... you know who you are.

Drivers who stop at least a car's length before they come to the traffic lights. The invisible man or woman must be driving the car in front of them.
    and then wonder why the lights are slow to change*

*because the sensor "sees" no car waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Big Wex fan

Drivers who think the outside lane is exclusively theirs & think it's perfectly ok for cars to wait behind them.

Cyclists who have magic wands called arms, when wand waved to side, this gives them automatic right of way.

Drivers who change lanes in front of you eventhough there going about 20 mph slower than traffic in that lane.

Tractor drivers who do not pull over to allow traffic by - should be tarred & feathered or at least fined.

Lorries with all the spotlights on - it's a road not Croker.

Speed limits too low for good roads & mad speed limits on some dangerous roads.

Car tax on old cars twice that of new cars - talk about taxing the poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Guests on so called 'Orts ' shows on the radio going on about the "narrative " in the play/ film/ book , so pretentious that they can't use the common word "story" instead !?........."what's the narrative , bud "!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

PhilHogan wrote: »
    People who complain about humble politicians without ever voting or getting up off their arses to do something for themselves.

A humble politician? Where?:D

• Site Banned Posts: 15 patty o chair 55

Glitter that comes off Christmas cards, it sticks to everything else mind you, your fingers, your clothes, the carpet or wooden floor, the table, what the fook is going on with it?

Sellotape that will stick to everything else except what you want it to. And it also sticks to itself especially when you need to wrap up Christmas gifts.

Christmas wrapping paper, will it rip or tear (ter) just before you get the gift wrapped up and think yes, I've beaten the little b*****d this year... and then it rips.

Politicians with either comb overs or hair pieces that look so dodgy, you wouldn't trust them to tell you the time.

Someone got their Christmas shopping done early, then

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

razorgil wrote: »
    the way some motorists wait at junctions until you're about ten feet away....then drive out in front of you!!!

Yes I like that one too. The eye contact is the best part.

...or on a virtually empty motorway you are approaching a car which is behind a slower-moving vehicle. Despite having had several miles of opportunity to do so, the driver will only pull out immediately before you get there and then overtake at the same relative speed as the continents move. Lorries are fond of doing this too, although I assume it is deliberate in their case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

Drivers who stop at least a car's length before they come to the traffic lights.

This was actually a suggestion on the defensive driving course I went on a few years ago if approaching a cross-junction. That way you are not punted out into the traffic if rear-ended.

Similar argument with pointing the wheel towards the left when waiting to turn right, you are not shoved into oncoming traffic by a rear-end collision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Tables in pubs / restaurants / cafés that have dodgy legs. One slightly shorter than the other three. How does this happen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Ok, more of a settle an argument type thing than a trivial annoyance. The use of the word "ye" as a plural of you. I never use it, and IMO the only place for it is in a Shakespeare play. But usage is very common, I even had an English teacher years ago (not in the Shakespeare era, before anyone jumps on that) who used ye's all over the place. So, bottom line, is it incorrect, or just outmoded?. I go with incorrect.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement