Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Dubchild

Ye that's incorrect i would say. That reminds me, when i'm on the phone and it's time to say goodbye, one person i know that i will always be friends with but they say bye bye bye bye, one is standard procedure, two is enough already and 4 is :eek: get out of here :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

Dubchild wrote: »
    Ye that's incorrect i would say. That reminds me, when i'm on the phone and it's time to say goodbye, one person i know that i will always be friends with but they say bye bye bye bye, one is standard procedure, two is enough already and 4 is :eek: get out of here :)

Eh surely bye bye bye bye is standard in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Is a Derek mooneyesque "byeeeeeeeeeeeee" worse than "bye bye bye bye ...bye bye bye bye bye ", time for A poll?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

English people who say, I was stood at the bus stop or I was sat at the table.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

English people who say, I was stood at the bus stop or I was sat at the table.

I read that in a Yorkshire accent. At least I think that's the accent! The typical Emmerdale accent. Zac Dingle mainly. I love that accent alomst as much as I love the Geordie accent.

The Geordie accent on a cute girl......Heaven!! :D:D

• Advertisement

Wilberto wrote: »
    I read that in a Yorkshire accent. At least I think that's the accent! The typical Emmerdale accent. Zac Dingle mainly. I love that accent alomst as much as I love the Geordie accent.

I know what you mean....

http://www.allpics4u.com/featured-articles/cheryl-cole-as-the-glamor-women-of-the-year.html :D:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

She is perfection personified. I've always been convinced that Ashley Cole is a closet homosexual. If Cheryl Cole isn't enough of a woman for you, then the problem isn't with the woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Wilberto wrote: »

I like the Yorkshire accent, we spent 7 years living in York and some of the expressions are funny. It is a bit like living in a Hovis ad though and people do actually say ' by 'eck lass'biggrin.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭canadianwoman

My (hopefully soon to be ex) daughter in law.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Aaah, back to trivial things that are annoying, thanks. Most of the previous are maybe trivial but likeable;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Are you plotting something sensible ?

Are you plotting something sensible ?

No, I'm leaving it up to fate...and God. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Jesus, that sounds a bit dodgy, you are not gonna make her live in Detroit, are you?:D

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Jesus, that sounds a bit dodgy, you are not gonna make her live in Detroit, are you?:D

She's Native Canadian. She would never move out of Canada and give up her status card.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭clareames

people that bang into you in a shop and don't even realise... really gets on my goat... bad spelling annoys me!.... the sayings like 'my bad' or other saying that my friends that live in Dublin come out with. I find it really wierd! ringing up to log a call that my oven needs to be serviced only to be put through to a company in England who are not one bit helpful. 6 times I rang this company yesterday. the first person said that is the wrong appliance code. I hung up checked the code, rang back and next person found no problem with the code but wanted some other minor detail which of course I hadnt got. wasted my whole morning ringing them. drive ya nuts... and Yes I hate it when someone rings me and doesn't have all the details but I dont be such an ignorant wanker about it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

glasses that are too small to fit your hand in so its a mission to clean the bottom of it

also when my mother rings me for a chat at 5.25 when i finish work at 5.30 and I am trying to get an email sent or a final paper finished before I leave. Arrgh!!

Janey I'm never going to leave this thread... another thing that annoys me is the Mother in Law commenting on my clothes. me being pregnant and wearing nice 'loose' tops... I think i will wear what ever I want. I am not exactly going to be having my belly hanging out or anything!

clareames wrote: »
    also when my mother rings me for a chat at 5.25 when i finish work at 5.30 and I am trying to get an email sent or a final paper finished before I leave. Arrgh!!

My mother had an uncanny way of ringing me up just as I was about to leave the house. Happened every time.
    Eventually it got to the point where I would say "That's your Grandma...talk to her" to whichever of my sons were staying home as I left the house. They always wondered how I knew it was her. :)

People who only text you once. Here's the scenario.

My brother: Hi, are you in this evening, was thinking about calling over.

Me: Yeah sure, what time did you want to call over at?

My brother:

Nothing, not a single reply.. what is that all about? I next hear from him a week later and this 'visit' he was planning on doing is never mentioned again.

Bread that is on sale and has tomorrow's date on it, telling you to use it by then or there will be DIRE consequences.

A product that is on sale in one shop for price X and on sale in another shop a short distance away for price Y and surprise surprise the other shop has it cheaper. I could understand if it had to be flown in especially but come on....

The patronising tone used by any one who interviews members of the public on the news on RTE.

Toothbrushes that are useless after a week's use. The bristles are sticking out all over the place and cutting your gums, it looks like a knife fight gone bad.

Broadband providers claiming high speeds, there still at it even in 2013, making these claims and getting away with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

People who only text you once. Here's the scenario.

My brother: Hi, are you in this evening, was thinking about calling over.

Me: Yeah sure, what time did you want to call over at?

My brother:

Nothing, not a single reply.. what is that all about? I next hear from him a week later and this 'visit' he was planning on doing is never mentioned again.

I have a friend who always does this. I send her an email about something else and she writes back with something like great, thenks - we should do lunch next week. I write back saying "not free during the day but free any evening" then never hear from her again about it. Drives me mad! I have to do the running and I've given up.

It's actually not that trivial. It's a sign of a very old friendship that is about to die :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 352 ✭✭funt cucker

Idiots fiddling in front of the cash machine, taking the card out, then putting the same card in again, prícking around for another 5 minutes, then taking cash out!?!

What in the sweet divine, mother of continental shíte were you doing for the last 5 minutes????????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

Bring your son over here, I'll persuade him with my feminine charms that his wife is no good for him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Rasheed wrote: »
    Bring your son over here, I'll persuade him with my feminine charms that his wife is no good for him!

Oh he already knows that she is no good for him (finally!). They separated about 4 months ago (his idea) and he has since lost all the weight he had put on (from drinking too much liquid bread) when he was with her. He is looking really good right now but not wanting a relationship at the moment.
    He is (happily) playing all the ladies right now, working and busily building computers to sell (sadly in *my* livingroom) and generally enjoying himself after what he calls 5 years of hell.

This post has been deleted.

I hope those cards were not stolen!!

Oh he already knows that she is no good for him (finally!). They separated about 4 months ago (his idea) and he has since lost all the weight he had put on (from drinking too much liquid bread) when he was with her. He is looking really good right now but not wanting a relationship at the moment.
    He is (happily) playing all the ladies right now, working and busily building computers to sell (sadly in *my* livingroom) and generally enjoying himself after what he calls 5 years of hell.

More power to him. It's hard to see a loved one stuck in a bad relationship.

If one more person slags my accent this week, I going to get physical (in a bad way) with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Liquid bread? :confused:

Go on ....

• Advertisement

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Liquid bread? :confused:

Go on ....

Beer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement