Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Very unique.

I know. Shame on me. It does bug me though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

[QUOTE=RedFormanFITA;87082878]Leaking tea pots in restaurants. [/QUOTE]
    You must be referring to those stainless steel mass catering jugs and tea pots that greasy spoons and cheaper hotels use. For ****s sake. These items have one ****ing function which is to pour liquid. If they cannot do this then they fail at being jugs and tea pots. So what ****ing use are they!!!! Arrrrrgggghhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

You must be referring to those stainless steel mass catering jugs and tea pots that greasy spoons and cheaper hotels use. For ****s sake. These items have one ****ing function which is to pour liquid. If they cannot do this then they fail at being jugs and tea pots. So what ****ing use are they!!!! Arrrrrgggghhhh

The lid doesn't close on them and the leaking starts when you raise the teapot to pour it and the contents come out except from the spout where it's only supposed to come from. You end up getting it on your clothes and scalding yourself (hot liquid + skin = scald) It's a really simple concept, warm liquid is only supposed to come out the spout not from under the freakin lid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭canadianwoman

I hate those things with a passion. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

I absolutely hate it when people come up to the till in work and are talking away on their phone at the same time ignoring me completely, not even acknowledging my existence. I would never ever do that if I was in a shop, I think it's so incredibly rude. If the phone rings when the person is at the till then that's fair enough, but otherwise....gtfo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Dishes not being done properly, making myself a
    nice bowl of weetabix only to find halfway through
    eating there's bits of egg stuck to the side of
    the bowl...Lovely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

I absolutely hate it when people come up to the till in work and are talking away on their phone at the same time ignoring me completely, not even acknowledging my existence. I would never ever do that if I was in a shop, I think it's so incredibly rude. If the phone rings when the person is at the till then that's fair enough, but otherwise....gtfo.

Something I've noticed on occasion in Dunnes and Tesco actually (in LIDL I'd say they barely get time to piss, let alone have a full on chat to each other!), but yeah -

I'm at the checkout waiting for the person on the checkout to finish their conversation with the person behind them or finish their text message when I just want to get the fcuk out of there with my shopping!

In my head I'm thinking -

"Take all the time you need, I've got all day like, sure far be it for me the customer to impede on your social life while you're supposed to be doing your job!"

And no, as much as the above annoys me, it's still trivial compared to those bastard self-service checkouts -

"Unexpected item in the bagging area"

"Please place the item on the belt"

"Please wait for assistance"

In my head I'm thinking "Please go and fcuk yourself you heap of silicon shìt!"...

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Something I've noticed on occasion in Dunnes and Tesco actually (in LIDL I'd say they barely get time to piss, let alone have a full on chat to each other!), but yeah -

I'm at the checkout waiting for the person on the checkout to finish their conversation with the person behind them or finish their text message when I just want to get the fcuk out of there with my shopping!

In my head I'm thinking -

"Take all the time you need, I've got all day like, sure far be it for me the customer to impede on your social life while you're supposed to be doing your job!"

And no, as much as the above annoys me, it's still trivial compared to those bastard self-service checkouts -

"Unexpected item in the bagging area"

"Please place the item on the belt"

"Please wait for assistance"

In my head I'm thinking "Please go and fcuk yourself you heap of silicon shìt!"...

Ha, both sides of the coin!

I won't lie, there have been times when I've looked at a text/facebook when no one's around but when someone comes to the till I'd probably cringe looking at myself if I didn't put it back in my pocket straight away...common courtesy.

Couldn't agree more about the fast lanes, know it all off by heart at this stage :rolleyes:

The lid doesn't close on them and the leaking starts when you raise the teapot to pour it and the contents come out except from the spout where it's only supposed to come from. You end up getting it on your clothes and scalding yourself (hot liquid + skin = scald) It's a really simple concept, warm liquid is only supposed to come out the spout not from under the freakin lid.
    They're a real pain (literally if you spill hot water on yourself), the trick is to pour very slowly to start with!

Which is annoying as well, when all you want is a quick cup of tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Overweight people spilling over into your seat on a bus/plane.

They should have to sit beside other overweight people so they can feel how uncomfortable it is. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Larianne wrote: »

They should have to sit beside other overweight people so they can feel how uncomfortable it is. :mad:

Totally agree. If they take up two seats, they should pay for two seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Totally agree. If they take up two seats, they should pay for two seats.

No, let them have the one seat but sit beside another overweight person, and see if they like it!

No, let them have the one seat but sit beside another overweight person, and see if they like it!

They won't feel it :L

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

That it's grand for women to strip off for calendars/promos protesting against fur or for PETA or the likes yet the Hunky Dory's ads were lambasted (if that's a word) even though the girls in those ads weren't naked.

Apparently, during the pioneering days in the US when everyone was told to "Go West", there was a strict arsewidth rule for riding in the covered wagons, too wide and you had to provide your own transport!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Mrs Browne's Boys - pure dirt, not one bit funny. That little bald prick is so annoying.
    The way they say baby in Coronation street and Emmerdale, "baybay"

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

MJ23 wrote: »
    Mrs Browne's Boys - pure dirt, not one bit funny. That little bald prick is so annoying.
    "

It's just a crap version of Mrs Doubtfire featuring Brendan O Carroll in a dress falling over and saying the F word a lot. I don't get the appeal whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Omackeral wrote: »
    That it's grand for women to strip off for calendars/promos protesting against PETA or the likes yet the Hunky Dory's ads were lambasted (if that's a word) even though the girls in those ads weren't naked.

No, it isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

People who get large tatoos, see cheryl cole.
    SHE looks as if she was in an accident ,
    her rear is 1 big red tatoo.

IF you have a nice body ,don,t cover it up with a tatoo.
    if you are fat a large tatoo , makes you look even worse.
    White people especially men who wear there hair in dreadlocks,
    you are not cool,down with the kids, you look like an idiot.
    AND you are paying 200 euro to look stupid.
    People who have piercings on their nose, or face ,
    maybe its good ,for everyone,
    its a sign ,this person is an idiot ,avoid talking to them.
    They may have a mental problem.

People who are just interested in sport , soccer ,gaa,
    whatever ,i find it totally boring.
    And half the news papers seem to consist of sports coverage.

so you support a team, owned by a russian billionaire ,
    full of foreign players who are just there cos they are paid 2 million pounds.
    They,d play for brompton fc if they got paid the right money.

One I saw earlier: It's not 'Shoe-in' it's 'Shoo-in'.

Why anyone would think 'shoe-in' makes any sense is a mystery.

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/shoo--in
    Origin:

1930s: from the earlier use of the term denoting the winner of a rigged horse race

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Candie wrote: »
    One I saw earlier: It's not 'Shoe-in' it's 'Shoo-in'.

Why anyone would think 'shoe-in' makes any sense is a mystery.

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/shoo--in

Tbh I had always thought it was shoe-in the same way as "getting your foot in the door"...

Now I'm wondering about "foot the bill", unless there's some ducks walking around with some very sore beaks...

/gets coat :o

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Tbh I had always thought it was shoe-in the same way as "getting your foot in the door"...

Now I'm wondering about "foot the bill", unless there's some ducks walking around with some very sore beaks...

/gets coat :o

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=foot
    To foot a bill is attested from 1848, from the process of tallying the expenses and writing the figure at the bottom ("foot") of the bill.

You're welcome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

When you're watching something on tv and the ads come on and they're way louder than what you were watching :(

LizT wrote: »
    When you're watching something on tv and the ads come on and they're way louder than what you were watching :(
    The advertisers don't care if you doze off during the programme, just as long as you are awake for the ad break. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

LizT wrote: »

On a similar note, ads that come on 5 minutes after some American tv shows start.

People who walk past rubbish bins on the street and throw their takeaway carton or their half empty bag of chips on the pavement.

Chuggers outside banks, the post office or anywhere else you have to go in to to get something.

Exam officials (usually retired 'department' oul wans) out making a few bob on top of their pensions, while newly qualified teachers are on the dole. It's not what you know, it's who you know... back of a brown envelope again.

Festival street performers who think they are Sir Lawrence Olivier, yeah right!

"Artistic Directors" in small regional theatres with ego's the size of Mount Fookin Everest.

Wedding photographers, don't get me started on them.....:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

The advertisers don't care if you doze off during the programme, just as long as you are awake for the ad break. :(

Is it not something about them expecting you to leave the room to go make tea or whatever, so they up the volume to ensure ya hear it. It's definitely done on purpose anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

They don't actually up the volume. They use a different compression system which gives the desired effect.

Which, in turn, ups the volume.

Trivial thing that annoys me: pedantic people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Soap operas that keep bringing back old characters. Eastenders being a prime example, I haven't really bothered watching it much since they brought back the David Wicks character, but Jaysus resurrecting Sonia Jackson is scraping the bottom of the barrel. I'll stop watching when that happens.

Mount Pleasant was ruined for me with yer woman Ronnie from Eastenders being cast in it and the same old will Dan have an affair? story line as the first series. I watched 2 episodes and I won't be watching any more:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

Being told the dinner is ready.... when its not actually on the table on a plate waiting for me

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement