Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

Being told the dinner is ready.... when its not actually on the table on a plate waiting for me
    Telling someone dinner is ready and they can't be bothered to come in for at least five minutes, so I now call them in earlier. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Being told the dinner is ready.... when its not actually on the table on a plate waiting for me

Being called for dinner, and the spuds aren't mashed and the gravy isn't made.
    The dinner is ready when it's plated and on the table.

MJ23 wrote: »
    Being called for dinner, and the spuds aren't mashed and the gravy isn't made.
    The dinner is ready when it's plated and on the table.

And that's one of my trivial annoyances!

I HATE people plating my dinner. I'll decide for myself what portions of what items I want, thanks. I much prefer to eat 'family style'.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

when you're watching a film with someone and they decide to read aloud any text that's written on the screen relevant to the plot. Thanks, because I definitely can't read it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

when you're watching a film with someone and they decide to read aloud any text that's written on the screen relevant to the plot. Thanks, because I definitely can't read it myself.

On a similar vein, someone who reads the credits aloud when the filum ends.

Someone who reads articles aloud from the newspaper. Or someone sitting behind you on the bus while you are reading a newspaper and just out of the corner of your eye you see them reading your newspaper. Freeloader.

Councils around the country who only start digging up roads in towns and villages around the country in December to take out the ducting and cables they only put in, back at the June Bank Holiday.

Bin liner bags that always fookin tear.

Batteries that leak.

Wallpaper that comes unstuck even though you remember putting super glue on it so it wouldn't.

Bread that goes blue moulded after 24 hours.

Vacuum sealed packing on electrical items. Oh holy fook sake what is that all about. I bought a pair of headphones from a well known computer store recently and I had to hack them out with a knife and scissors. There's less security at the CIA.

Warm beer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

unless you're blind

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Listening to Marion yesterday morning on RTE radio reminded me of another pet hate - when 3 guests all talk over each other on a radio show and you cant hear a bloody thing especially when it happens every 30 fecking seconds. Then the guests are rushed because the host mentions for the thousand time - "we are tight on time so we'll have to cut you their Bob" as the host bulldozes through a point you are itcing to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭TheBoffin

People that refer to the phone network "Three" as "3G" (e.g. Give me €20 3G credit)

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Owldshtok

On a similar vein, someone who reads the credits aloud when the filum ends.

Someone who reads articles aloud from the newspaper.
    Or someone sitting behind you on the bus while you are reading a newspaper and just out of the corner of your eye you see them reading your newspaper. Freeloader.

Councils around the country who only start digging up roads in towns and villages around the country in December to take out the ducting and cables they only put in, back at the June Bank Holiday.

Bin liner bags that always fookin tear.

Batteries that leak.

Wallpaper that comes unstuck even though you remember putting super glue on it so it wouldn't.

Bread that goes blue moulded after 24 hours.

Vacuum sealed packing on electrical items. Oh holy fook sake what is that all about. I bought a pair of headphones from a well known computer store recently and I had to hack them out with a knife and scissors. There's less security at the CIA.

Warm beer.

or just after getting the menu when eating out with others and someone reads it aloud like they're the only one that can read, while you're trying to read it yourself and make up your own mind what seems appealing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 MusicalMarie

When the fitted sheet, which is supposedly the right size for the mattress, is too small and comes off at the corners!

When the douvet become un-tucked! A draft always seems to find it way under!

When you get yelled at to close the door you literally just walk through but when that person walks away from a door and you ask them to close it, you get evils!?

• Advertisement

People who are obsessed with being at the front for a concert and then complain about it being too rough and start yelling at people when they get pushed into them.

When the fitted sheet, which is supposedly the right size for the mattress, is too small and comes off at the corners!

That happened to me the last time I bought sheets! It said double on the packaging but I'm convinced it was a single!

*Ha, just realised that I've gone and done something else that annoys me. People posting two separate posts underneath each other instead of editing the first one...perhaps this should be in the annoying forum behaviour thread. :D

People who wreak of sweat in public.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

People who put up ads selling something saying that it works perfectly but a certain part of it isn't working.

If something is broken its not working perfectly, so don't advertise that it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

when you put something on this thread ( see P 393) and only get one response and no fuucken likes. That's it! I am out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

My mother always does this she screams my name and won't lift it til I go downstairs. I usually take my time but she won't lift until I'm sitting at the table waiting. I commented on it once saying why don't you just call me when it's lifted just got a accused of being rude..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

My mother always does this she screams my name and won't lift it til I go downstairs. I usually take my time but she won't lift until I'm sitting at the table waiting. I commented on it once saying why don't you just call me when it's lifted just got a accused of being rude..

As opposed to all that yelling by your mother.

Constant work related emails that have nothing to do with work, along the lines of
    Hi All,

Have you seen the noticeboard?

S.

The same people who write these emails are always saying they never have enough time to do any work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Casual Friday - load of ****. If you should dress properly from Monday-Thursday then why is Friday any different?

You actually comment that you have to wait while your mother serves you, instead of anticipating your arrival and saving you the ordeal of waiting to be handed everything?

How could anyone think that's rude?

Maybe she harbours a hope that you'll offer to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I absolutely hate it when people ask you to do a favour for them and you agree, and then they leave you to contact them. I have some friends who behave in this manner. People who I love dearly, but this practice irks me. When people who I don't know on a personal level behave in this way, I just cut them loose, because if they want me to do something badly enough, they will make contact. So this is how I manage, but sometimes it is just like AAAAAAH.

• Advertisement

Candie wrote: »
    You actually comment that you have to wait while your mother serves you, instead of anticipating your arrival and saving you the ordeal of waiting to be handed everything?

Or hopes that he might fuuck off and live somewhere else:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

Flaky so called co-workers. Always have plenty of time for you when they want you to do something for them in work. But meet them outside work, and they don't give you the time of day.

Have you ever been to a wedding or the dreaded Christmas party? There's always a group of women, usually 4 or 5 of them sitting at a table, bad mouthing and bitching about everyone and everything that is going on around them. It wouldn't be so bad, but they just make their conversation loud enough so you can hear it when you pass by or are sitting at a nearby table. The other thing I notice is, no one seems to know who they are or who invited them?

Queue jumpers in the post office, bank or outside the social welfare office. Utter bas*ards.

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Or hopes that he might fuuck off and live somewhere else:D

I think you're on to something :)

One more thing that annoys me - the sense of entitlement some people have.

If I complained that my food wasn't being served promptly enough or that I shouldn't have to wait while I was being served it, I'd have gone very hungry for my trouble.

I think you're on to something :)

One more thing that annoys me - the sense of entitlement some people have.

If I complained that my food wasn't being served promptly enough or that I shouldn't have to wait while I was being served it, I'd have gone very hungry for my trouble.

I have an image in my head of Kevin & Perry, that sulky lazy teenage little ****e screaming at his mother:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I do. I just mean whenever I cook for anyone I'd have the food ready and put it in on the table and tell people the foods ready on the table. That's the way I'd do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

When someone lodges money into my account, I get charged for the transaction! :eek:

I was annoyed by my bank charges for the last quarter being nearly €28, so I queried it this morning.

Apparently it's 39c for a staff assisted / paper transaction, 35c for a self service transaction, and 20c for an automated transaction.

It bloody adds up! :mad:

And I hate that online banking because I can never remember half the verification and security details for each account. I just prefer to go into the bank where I can interact with a real person, is that too much to ask nowadays? :(

And I hate that online banking because I can never remember half the verification and security details for each account. I just prefer to go into the bank where I can interact with a real person, is that too much to ask nowadays? :([/QUOTE]

Yep, shower of thieving gits....Every time I go to the bank, I am half expecting to find the staff wearing balaclavas:)

Staff assisted charges FFS, imagine if that was applied everywhere. Tesco bill for 120euro, plus 5% for staff assistance, I don't think so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gufnork

Bloggers that are constantly whining about how hard done by women are these days. You can't post a picture of a scantily clad warrioress on a simple rpg site/forum without some self-proclaimed white-knight steaming in on his charger screaming 'misogeny' til he's red in the face. I wouldn't mind so much but you just know they're the ones pawing over the aforementioned piccy the most. Sometimes I wish we could just turn the clock back a few decades. I'm sure even I remember a time not so long ago when men didn't feel so emasculated that they felt the need to over compensate with a load of 'oh look how much I can empathize with women's bullish!te.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

People making the same joke as everyone else. It's not fuucking funny!!!!!

• Advertisement

Ok, as we are approaching Halloween. People who should be strung are the guys who want to dress up as "Frankenstein". Get this straight, you want to dress up as the fuucking monster, NOT Dr Frankenstein!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement