Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭pitythefool

Planemo wrote: »
    FFS, even the dogs in the street know about adblock by now - install it or stop bloody whinging about banner ads!

they obviously dont, give the guy a break, be more helpful, Kharma wll give it back to you

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭pitythefool

When your driving down the road, you spot a figure in the corner of your eye that could potentially be a sexual partner, yet the speed you are driving at, the speed she is walking, and that FCUKING Tree/Pole in the way prevent you from ever seeing her face

FML

most prostitutes are puck ugly anyway man, go to a bar and chat someone up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

fussyonion wrote: »
    The woman in the Lenor ad (or Downy, as we've now established), saying GIMMIE makes me want to punch my TV.
    She looks like an overgrown baby trying to be cute, but she ISN'T!

My wife does that, I don't even get frustrated any more, I can't help an involuntary shudder though.

That, and calling me "baby"... still haven't quite learned to ignore that one.

Love the girl to bits, but Jesus, stop that! :(

Actually there's worse- her aunt who's in her 50s, and the aunts new boyfriend, in his 60s, made my ears shrivel up one afternoon when every sentence out of their mouths was concluded with the word "baby"!

Oh yes, and people in a couple who spend the afternoon bigging each other up, as in "Oh Horatio* is doing this, tell them Horatio, he's great at it now, wait till you hear this", and "Oh Clementine* told him, didn't you Clementine, tell them clementine, tell them!".

No, please don't.

*Names changed to protect imbeciles identities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

People who boast on Facebook about being too lazy to go to the gym, too tired to get up after a night out or about how they did nothing all day in work. They might think they're being funny, but it just makes me think 'lazy bugger' and not want to be friends with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭tim3000

People who say "addicting" and "could of" also anyone singing down the mic on xbox .. and people who constantly update thir facebook statuses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

People that try to write something like '' u r with d angles now '' they're not with the angles.. try angels.

people that post pictures on fb every ten minutes saying they look really fat / ugly / pimply / smelly. just so people will say they look nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭repsol

People who use the word "space" instead of "room" (usually on those annoying home improvement shows)

People from Northern Ireland who constantly use the word "situation"

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

BillJ wrote: »
    Why is it that about 90% of the time that I try plug something into the USB slot that I have it the wrong way around!!

Should be a 50/50 shot of getting it right, law of averages my ass
    you need to expand your mind

http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?db=comics&id=2388#comic

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

People that try to write something like '' u r with d angles now '' they're not with the angles.. try angels.

:D:D I see this a lot and it turns what might have been a nice message into a joke.

I saw this one recently (not verbatim, but you get the gist)

"Rst in peace Paul, u wer d best mate a girl cud of asked for an now ur wit the angles miss u loadz."

Followed by lots of "Likes" and messages including more "The angles are really lucky to have you buddy" AND NOBODY PICKING UP ON THE SPELLING MISTAKE!

Makes me wonder why I'm friends with these tools.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

You know when you just miss a phone call, so you call back most of the time straight away and it rings out....pisses me off. What could you be doing in the nano second it took for me to call back. I don't get it!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I get annoyed when someone doesn't have a mirror in their house, really irritates me. Strange thing is both my Dad and Grandad hate mirrors, they think I'm backwards.
    mirrors aren't much use to vampires

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭CollardGreens

When men let their nose hair join their mustash and they think you don't realize that that is nose hair combed into their mustash.

Gross.

When men let their nose hair join their mustash and they think you don't realize that that is nose hair combed into their mustash.

Gross.

Next time you should just grab a hair with your nails and just yank it, right out- how to make a grown man cry! :pac:

Can't stand hair that shouldn't be there myself, I get a twitchy eyeball when I have to talk to someone and there's the obvious hair just staring me in the face, be it nose hair, ear hair, or even on some women the hair above their lip or the sideburns that shouldn't be there!

I shave the excess bits, it's only five minutes grooming in the morning every few days, if even that!

Now having said that, girls that have hollywoods done I find mildly irksome, though I used find it fiercely unsettling altogether. A Californian or an airstrip is just fine, but the baldy look is just... *shudders* :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Being rained on and ending up looking like a drowned rat followed by some HILERIOUS bystander to jokingly quip about it. Bitch, it's pretty ****ing obvious that it's wet out. Now shut your hole and make me a sammich! :mad:

Also, pushy parents who make you feel a world of guilt for having one square too many of your weekly chocolate bar whilst simultaniously stuffing their own face with Milk Tray. Hypocrite, much?

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭CollardGreens

I hate to walk up on somebody that is pulling the dead skin off somebody else that has a sun burn and skin is peeling.

Gross

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭SpatialPlanning

Slow Walkers.

I walk reasonably quickly, generally because if I am walking then I am actively trying to get somewhere. I hate when people are just using up space on the footpath, or worse, weaving back and forth on it, or worse, making seemingly random changes in direction, or THE WORST, walking slowly in a group side by side taking up the whole bloody thing.

I saw a youtube video of a fella who bought a bicycle bell and carries it with him when he walks places. No matter where he is if people are in front of him and he rings it they will immediately move. I laughed at the time but I am genuinely considering getting one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Next time you should just grab a hair with your nails and just yank it, right out- how to make a grown man cry! :pac:

Can't stand hair that shouldn't be there myself, I get a twitchy eyeball when I have to talk to someone and there's the obvious hair just staring me in the face, be it nose hair, ear hair, or even on some women the hair above their lip or the sideburns that shouldn't be there!

I shave the excess bits, it's only five minutes grooming in the morning every few days, if even that!

Now having said that, girls that have hollywoods done I find mildly irksome, though I used find it fiercely unsettling altogether. A Californian or an airstrip is just fine, but the baldy look is just... *shudders* :(

Paedopussy is the word you're looking for.

Lucena wrote: »

Paedopussy is the word you're looking for.

It really shouldn't surprise me there's a term for it, but yes, there is that alright! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Men's nose hair in general is just so gross. It's fine if it's your husband/partner/boyfriend because you can make them trim it but seeing strangers with mini ropes hanging out of their nose makes me feel ill.

What annoys me (and actually is not that trivial really) is when I'm driving home from work in the dark through a dimly lit area and someone dressed entirely in black crosses the road in front of me when there is a pedestrian crossing nearby. Gives you a heart attack because you don't see them until you're almost on top of them and it should be obvious not to scurry out in front of cars without some kind of visability, just so you can get home 20 seconds earlier. Worst place for it is outside Seapoint Dart Sation. Grr!

• Advertisement

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Men's nose hair in general is just so gross. It's fine if it's your husband/partner/boyfriend because you can make them trim it but seeing strangers with mini ropes hanging out of their nose makes me feel ill.

Welll that's a mental image that won't be leaving my brain for a while yet anyway! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

People that can't pronounce their 'R's like Jonathan Ross. I just can't listen to them.

fussyonion wrote: »
    :D:D I see this a lot and it turns what might have been a nice message into a joke.

I saw this one recently (not verbatim, but you get the gist)

"Rst in peace Paul, u wer d best mate a girl cud of asked for an now ur wit the angles miss u loadz."

Followed by lots of "Likes" and messages including more "The angles are really lucky to have you buddy" AND NOBODY PICKING UP ON THE SPELLING MISTAKE!

Makes me wonder why I'm friends with these tools.

Haha I know, and you know you cant really slag them over it because they're clearly in a bit of a vulnerable place! its so frustrating:)

McChubbin wrote: »
    Being rained on and ending up looking like a drowned rat followed by some HILERIOUS bystander to jokingly quip about it. Bitch, it's pretty ****ing obvious that it's wet out. Now shut your hole and make me a sammich! :mad:

Also, pushy parents who make you feel a world of guilt for having one square too many of your weekly chocolate bar whilst simultaniously stuffing their own face with Milk Tray. Hypocrite, much?

You should just mash the chocolate into their face :) that'll teach em

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭lounakin

Getting prepared for a nice twosie in the bathroom, you got the lighting, the entertainment, the time and quiet but then you're finished before the game on your iphone has even finished charging. This is very trivially annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Haha I know, and you know you cant really slag them over it because they're clearly in a bit of a vulnerable place! its so frustrating:)

yeah my ex colleague told me a lot of people (girls expecially) are like this now in his area. One of the group dropping off every week (usually drugs or drug related violence) and he said they treat the funerals like....debs :( Beauticians are only short of a "funeral package" and they are all squabbling over who gets to sing what hymn etc. Weird romanticism of death.

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    yeah my ex colleague told me a lot of people (girls expecially) are like this now in his area. One of the group dropping off every week (usually drugs or drug related violence) and he said they treat the funerals like....debs :( Beauticians are only short of a "funeral package" and they are all squabbling over who gets to sing what hymn etc. Weird romanticism of death.

That's so weird...They're probably so desensitized that it actually does feel like just another party, I reckon it'll hit em with a bang though soon, shock and all that:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

Nosey aul wans. There's loads of them on my road. They don't even bother hiding behind the curtains now they actually stand at their door, hands on hips and stare at you. What is so fascinating about me putting the bins out or leaving my house :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

That phrase, or any version of it! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

This americanism or any version of it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement