Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Ok, as we are approaching Halloween. People who should be strung are the guys who want to dress up as "Frankenstein". Get this straight, you want to dress up as the fuucking monster, NOT Dr Frankenstein!!!

Off-topic, but if anyone hasn't seen it, Kenneth Brannagh's "Frankenstein" in which Robert DeNiro plays the monster, is a fantastic film!

*Goes off to YouTube the soundtrack* :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

And I hate that online banking because I can never remember half the verification and security details for each account. I just prefer to go into the bank where I can interact with a real person, is that too much to ask nowadays? :(

Yep, shower of thieving gits....Every time I go to the bank, I am half expecting to find the staff wearing balaclavas:)

Staff assisted charges FFS, imagine if that was applied everywhere. Tesco bill for 120euro, plus 5% for staff assistance, I don't think so.

I got a big bill this quarter for bank fees, like you I thought for ridiculous stuff. So I changed my account to PTSB as they have no fees if you lodge €1500 a month and get online statements.

Aib etc can take a jump, imo. You're right, thieving is what is. I wouldn't mine paying a set quarterly fee but they are taking the piss

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    I got a big bill this quarter for bank fees, like you I thought for ridiculous stuff. So I changed my account to PTSB as they have no fees if you lodge €1500 a month and get online statements.

Aib etc can take a jump, imo. You're right, thieving is what is. I wouldn't mine paying a set quarterly fee but they are taking the piss
    No fees at all, like no quarterly fee that AIB have started charging?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Thargor wrote: »
    No fees at all, like no quarterly fee that AIB have started charging?

Not if you lodge the €1500 a month which can be your salary so most people would lodge that much. If you don't fulfil that requirement it's €12 for the quarter (or €14, can't remember which)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    People making the same joke as everyone else. It's not fuucking funny!!!!!

One that does my head is playing golf or pitch and putt and and the person hits a wayward shot and hits a tree and says, wait for it now, ho-ho-f**king-ho time...

"Ah sure, at least I got a t(h)ree".

Beaten to death with a golf club is what these people should get.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

people who use the words "fair" or "fierce" before describing something...as in "it's fierce annoying" or "it's fair cold out there"....horrible horrible language! speak properly please. im irish but i think people just say these things to sound more irish....especially when around other english speaking non irish people. What other reason can there be?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

keano2012 wrote: »
    people who use the words "fair" or "fierce" before describing something...as in "it's fierce annoying" or "it's fair cold out there"....horrible horrible language! speak properly please. im irish but i think people just say these things to sound more irish....especially when around other english speaking non irish people. What other reason can there be?

"lovely hurling"

Fuck. off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

krudler wrote: »
    "lovely hurling"

Fuck. off.

To quote Dylan Moran....."The weather is fierce mild"

"lovely hurling"

Fuck. off.

"the craic was mighty"

"Bushted"

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Savage annoying, so it is. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

The constant stream of self help quotes on social media sites.

I expect it from Facebook but it's getting ridiculous, on Twitter which I use for following journalists and on Linkedin which is business orientated it's also becoming more and more prevalent.

In a shop earlier, and an aul wan in front of me asks the girl "Now, do you know what it is I am looking for?"
    The girl (polish I think) just stared at the aul wan as if she was stone mad....I nearly leaked.

The constant stream of self help quotes on social media sites.

I expect it from Facebook but it's getting ridiculous, on Twitter which I use for following journalists and on Linkedin which is business orientated it's also becoming more and more prevalent.

"If you can't handle me at my worst something something put up with my bullshit"

people who stick to the same routine day in day out. One girl at work- arrives in exactly the same time, goes for her coffee, take her lunch and leaves at eactly the same time every single day. Not a minute out. Just mix it up a bit...arrive at 8.50 and leave at 5.20 every now and again or take your lunch at 1.16 instead of 1.30.

people who stick to the same routine day in day out. One girl at work- arrives in exactly the same time, goes for her coffee, take her lunch and leaves at eactly the same time every single day. Not a minute out. Just mix it up a bit...arrive at 8.50 and leave at 5.20 every now and again or take your lunch at 1.16 instead of 1.30.

Ah jaysus it's anarchy you want. going on lunch at non 15 minute intervals? are we going feral? next you'll be saying you keep the tv volume on odd numbers.

Ah jaysus it's anarchy you want. going on lunch at non 15 minute intervals? are we going feral? next you'll be saying you keep the tv volume on odd numbers.

Very annoying :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,032 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

jimgoose wrote: »
    Savage annoying, so it is. :D

powerful weak so it was :D

I was not suggesting that- completely crazy I agree. But maybe as trial period if she just did it 2 days a week so that I would not notice any pattern. Just mix it up a bit. Maybe on casual friday or something first and then on a random Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Or getting out of bed at at an uneven number on the clock!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,032 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

multiples of 5 please

• Advertisement

Oh big time, I woke up this morning at 8.47, alarm set for 8.50, couldn't be going anywhere for those precious three minutes :pac:

it must kill you you then that the rte news starts at 18:01???

it must kill you you then that the rte news starts at 18:01???

Not for me, I put my clock back by 1 minute, this mean "D'angelus" comes on at 17.59 my time, and 6.01 news at 6pm by my clock, problem solved:)

Not for me, I put my clock back by 1 minute, this mean "D'angelus" comes on at 17.59 my time, and 6.01 news at 6pm by my clock, problem solved:)

so when do you put it forward to the right time then? Do you wait until 18.04 your time and then forward 1 minute to 18.05?

so when do you put it forward to the right time then? Do you wait until 18.04 your time and then forward 1 minute to 18.05?

It depends what day of the week it is.............

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

When you wake up 15 minutes before your alarm clock goes off, still half asleep and think, did my alarm clock just go off or did I dream it? You look at the clock and see you have another 15 minutes to go and think, awwwww fu*k, I can't go back to sleep now again, I'm awake.

When someone phones you just after you've gone to bed and they ask, I hope I didn't disturb you, no your alright the phone was ringing..... sound familiar?

When you've invited some friends round for some drinks and some food and one of them just can't take the hints that he or she needs to leave. It's approaching 1am in the morning and all your looks at the wall clock, stretching your arms and yawning isn't enough to get rid of them. :mad:

It depends what day of the week it is.............

what happens if you forget. So for example you arrive into work next day one minute behind so when you take your lunch at 13.00 your time you are in fact actually taking it at 13.01?? Now who's causing chaos? I think it's too risky a strategy on your part if I am being honest.

When you wake up 15 minutes before your alarm clock goes off, still half asleep and think, did my alarm clock just go off or did I dream it? You look at the clock and see you have another 15 minutes to go and think, awwwww fu*k, I can't go back to sleep now again, I'm awake.

When someone phones you just after you've gone to bed and they ask, I hope I didn't disturb you, no your alright the phone was ringing..... sound familiar?

When you've invited some friends round for some drinks and some food and one of them just can't take the hints that he or she needs to leave. It's approaching 1am in the morning and all your looks at the wall clock, stretching your arms and yawning isn't enough to get rid of them. :mad:

A mate of mine just pulls off his boxers, but to be honest, I think he spoils those dogs:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Job specs that say "salary - see description" in the heading and then dont have anything about the salary in the description :rolleyes: "Gods sake...I'm only interested in the salary you know! I dont want to know about your silly company!"... (Waits and waits and waits for job offer) :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

A mate of mine just pulls off his boxers, but to be honest, I think he spoils those dogs:D

Your posts are so funny today. I keep reading them and laughing before realising they are yours :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement