Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

When you wake up 15 minutes before your alarm clock goes off, still half asleep and think, did my alarm clock just go off or did I dream it? You look at the clock and see you have another 15 minutes to go and think, awwwww fu*k, I can't go back to sleep now again, I'm awake.

When someone phones you just after you've gone to bed and they ask, I hope I didn't disturb you, no your alright the phone was ringing..... sound familiar?

When you've invited some friends round for some drinks and some food and one of them just can't take the hints that he or she needs to leave. It's approaching 1am in the morning and all your looks at the wall clock, stretching your arms and yawning isn't enough to get rid of them. :mad:

Friend of mine did that to me once - was after 2 when he left. I was in my pj's and sitting on the floor bleary-eyed, housemate had gone to bed..and he still didnt take the hint! He has never been invited since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Your posts are so funny today. I keep reading them and laughing before realising they are yours :D

get a room!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Job specs that say "salary - see description" in the heading and then dont have anything about the salary in the description :rolleyes: "Gods sake...I'm only interested in the salary you know! I dont want to know about your silly company!"... (Waits and waits and waits for job offer) :D

I got told asking what salary was involved would be "rude" ehh, I'd like to know what you'd be paying me? that's kinda the whole point of this working malarkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Your posts are so funny today. I keep reading them and laughing before realising they are yours :D

I hope you are not suggesting that today (funny) was an exception:P

keano2012 wrote: »
    get a room!

Somehow, I don't think that would work out:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

krudler wrote: »
    I got told asking what salary was involved would be "rude" ehh, I'd like to know what you'd be paying me? that's kinda the whole point of this working malarkey.

It's all part of the game isn't it. Got asked why I left my last job in an interview recently.

Real Answer: My current company offered me a truckload more money than the shower I left to do a job that bores the pants off me.

Political Answer: I felt that I needed a new challenge and I really wanted to develop my skill-set.

A load of old bollox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

krudler wrote: »
    Ah jaysus it's anarchy you want. going on lunch at non 15 minute intervals? are we going feral? next you'll be saying you keep the tv volume on odd numbers.

It has to be kept at odd numbers, and no multiples of 5.

1, 3, 7,9,11,13,17 etc

1, 3, 7,9,11,13,17 etc

exactly! on the instructions for oven chips it says cook for 20mins....i always leave them in for 21mins...always!

exactly! on the instructions for oven chips it says cook for 20mins....i always leave them in for 21mins...always!

How many chips?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

1, 3, 7,9,11,13,17 etc

Jesus no. Are you crazy. Has to be even. This isn't the wild.

Dublin people. Bunch of weirdos

• Advertisement

Yes :D Same with the microwave, I have to stop it at 1 second!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Yes :D Same with the microwave, I have to stop it at 1 second!

I stop mine at one second too but for a different reason. If it goes all the way down it beeps 5 times to tell you it's finished. You can stop it by pressing it twice before it counts down fully. 2 annoying beeps are better than 5 any day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Poor customer service, specifically Amazon customer service. So I tried to order a couple of things that way very little and would essentially fit in a medium sized jiffy bag. When I got to the checkout part it quoted me over 400 euro delivery from UK to Ireland:eek: So I emailed customer service who told me it was a mistake and said they'd get back to me.

A week later still heard nothing so emailed again, got a reply that they'd look into it and get back to me last Friday, they didn't so emailed again and got a promise to get back to me within 5 working days and reading between the lines of the email, the person who didn't get back to me on Friday needs more 'coaching', so I'm guessing he got a b*llocking this morning.

If I could get the things elsewhere I wouldn't bother with Amazon. Don't even get what the issue is, they know that the delivery quote is based on an estimate of the things weighing 100kg, when they only way very little at all:confused::mad:

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    How many chips?

depends whats kind of a mood im in but at a guess on average around 11 or 13. there the chunky chips..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,622 ✭✭✭bren2001

Poor customer service, specifically Amazon customer service. So I tried to order a couple of things that way very little and would essentially fit in a medium sized jiffy bag. When I got to the checkout part it quoted me over 400 euro delivery from UK to Ireland:eek: So I emailed customer service who told me it was a mistake and said they'd get back to me.

A week later still heard nothing so emailed again, got a reply that they'd look into it and get back to me last Friday, they didn't so emailed again and got a promise to get back to me within 5 working days and reading between the lines of the email, the person who didn't get back to me on Friday needs more 'coaching', so I'm guessing he got a b*llocking this morning.

If I could get the things elsewhere I wouldn't bother with Amazon. Don't even get what the issue is, they know that the delivery quote is based on an estimate of the things weighing 100kg, when they only way very little at all:confused::mad:

Can't use parcel motel?

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Owldshtok

If it was something you could buy from a bricks and mortar shop near you at not extortionate extra cost then you have no excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

When you put your sweat pants on back to front and realise how big your arse really is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

My kind heart!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭karareilly

leaving kitchen presses (cupboards) open.
    hoarding post
    also the reserved parking for mother and kids
    your in a q and the person besides you starts talking to and nearly knocks you out...brush your teeth.
    people spitting in public

People walking really close behind me, especially up stairs.

People standing really close and chatting to me, all Im thinking is 'how stinky is my breath?? What did I eat this morning?'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

When people leave the butter in the fridge and it goes as hard as diamond. Like trying to spread bricks onto my bread.

How badly dressed and groomed a lot of Irish people are. It's just ridiculous. Now, I dont exactly live my life like I'm on a catwalk but some of the basics that go over Irish people's heads just astounds me.

Mixing navy and black.

Wearing tracksuit bottoms with saggy a*ses that are 4 inches too short

Anoraks....fuuckin anoraaaaaaaaks :D

Manky hairstyles (especially true of 50-70 y/o's who wheel around trollies and buy sh1te from Boyers and Guineys)

Then there are the overgrown schoolgirl types - fat, frumpy should-know betters wearing half-dresses over threadbare leggings and ballet pumps - these shoes do nothing for slimming the leg or improving the posture - and they look ridiculous anyway.

Fellas going around wearing grey tracksuit bottoms (with one hand permanently down the crotch)

Aul wans with manky, damp smelling raincoats, "ballet length" skirts, jumpers and runners. There's ususally a fuucking flight sock in there somewhere too, or if we're really lucky - strappy sandals with feet bursting out of them.

Fake tan, bird nest hair, over zealous application of eye makeup (what happened to less is more?), Juicy Couture or Paul's Boutique anything, crushed velvet tracksuits, pyjamas, Uggs, boots with full wedge heels (wtf)

The questionable smell when you get onto a bus or luas suggests a lot of people have forgotten about the merits of a good bar of saop and a blast of hot water in the morning.

Basic hygiene, simple and classic styles and a bi-annual trip to the hairdresser to get the head boiled - it's not that difficult!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

and a bi-annual trip to the hairdresser to get the head boiled - it's not that difficult!
    What? :confused:

Thargor wrote: »

Sorry, its an old fashioned way of saying getting a colour or perm I think :pac:

To follow on OldNotWises rant..............aul wans who remove eyebrows and paint them back on, too high. They look like someone just rammed a Toblerone up their ass!

Now, where is my three piece pinstripe suit, matching shirt and tie.

Sorry, its an old fashioned way of saying getting a colour or perm I think :pac:

A "Set", usually ended up purply blue:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

Speaking about style, when did rosary beads become an accessory for fellas? I noticed it so much recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Rasheed wrote: »
    Speaking about style, when did rosary beads become an accessory for fellas? I noticed it so much recently.
    Repeating myself:

Rasheed wrote: »

Do you live in a monastery?:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Girls who are obese and wear revealing clothes..... your not beautiful you're unhealthly fat.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement