Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I am pie wrote: »
    People clapping when the plane they are on lands.

Cringetastic, it's seemingly only Irish people who do it too.

you can add that stupid jingle that Ryanair play when the flight lands too, it's a plane landing not the bloody Grand National.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭IK09

the following annoys me - the words guys , banter , the way super has over taken the word really , super heavy. super difficult , que someone saying - I'm super sad guy for you , we're only having the banter .

I think I can see into the future :P

LAD....attaching the word "LAD" to the end of a word, seemingly to make a new hybrid word that adds a sense of masculinity or popularity amongst young males.

Example:

A picture of a guy in a Halloween costume = CostumeLAD

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Paddy Fields

beakerjoe wrote: »
    People who post things on FB who havent a notion on the subject

Junkies ..... (more annoyed at the government for not scooping them up and putting them on an island and bombing the bejesus out of said island)

People on FB who post vague messages. You're all saps!

Going to see a comdian and they have a guitar.

People who dont find Alan Partridge funny.

Getting harassed by a sales assistant when i enter a store. I dont need help, if I do i'll ask.

When i need help in a store and there's no Sales assistant around.

Hangovers when you have 2 or 3 pints

He's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

He's not.

Who.....who....who do you think you are?! (its a quote, im just joshing with ya)

You sir are missing out. Hes an acquired taste, i get that, but he is most definitely funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

krudler wrote: »
    Cringetastic, it's seemingly only Irish people who do it too.

you can add that stupid jingle that Ryanair play when the flight lands too, it's a plane landing not the bloody Grand National.

I think this is an Aussie thing, the clapping thing. Ryanair is all ours.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

He's not.

you are wrong

keano2012 wrote: »
    you are wrong
    Whatever floats your boat. People that think that Partridge is funny probably think that Dara Ó Briain is a comedian.

Whatever floats your boat. People that think that Partridge is funny probably think that Dara Ó Briain is a comedian.

He is! one of our very best too!
    I guess you are the kind of guy who calls "Friend" a comedy show!

What is "Friend?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Dubchild

Czarcasm wrote: »
    You can get dog nappies specifically designed for your dog -

http://www.dog-nappy.co.uk/default.asp

Some of those photos are priceless :pac:

Thanks for that link, i never say anything like it. I have to train the piddle pet, if i get some nice treats and give him some after he's been outside for a wee.

What is "Friend?"

says it all really...says it all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

What is "Friend?"

It's clearly "Friends" with a typo - but you know...best comeback ever...I swear... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I think this is an Aussie thing, the clapping thing. Ryanair is all ours.

Happens on South American flights too...it's a stupid human thing. The miracle of it all, landing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

Thanking the bus driver, when getting off the bus at your destination (it was such a nerve-wrecking experience, it's right up there with the sinking of The Titanic and the Twin Towers.)

More people travel by bus on a wet day than on a dry sunny day. Why can't they just all stay indoors and look out at the rain, like sensible people do.

You've travelled from one part of the country to another, again by bus, common thread developing here, and it arrives in late. You think to yourself, I still have a 15 minute wait to go to the jacks and maybe grab a cup of tea, oh no you won't. He or she is leaving in 5 minutes time, why the fook do drivers do that? It's not my fault he or she arrived in late, I still want my 15 minutes stop over.

Signs on shops that say, OPEN FROM 8.30am TILL 5.30PM. And they close at 5pm.

Anyone under the age of 25.

Anyone under the age of 25 who complains about how old they are and how they miss their youth.

Your opinionated neighbour. Got an opinion on every fookin thing under the sun and he, usually a he, will tell you all about it, regardless of whether you want to hear it or not.

Your loud mouthed female work colleague (usually has an alcohol related problem) who talks about willies and other body parts all day. But you make one sexist remark and she reports you.

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    It's clearly "Friends" with a typo - but you know...best comeback ever...I swear... :rolleyes:

Ah ok, you mean that American crap. Don't watch it but thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

Anyone under the age of 25.

Anyone under the age of 25 who complains about how old they are and how they miss their youth.

I overheard three 13 year olds talking about a Toyota celica last week. One of them said "When I was young I used to think they were Ferraris" In my head I was like when was that last Tuesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Ah ok, you mean that American crap. Don't watch it but thanks.

Paddy if youd like to show us what you do find funny, wed all love to hear.

Your like a rainy day.

Paddy if youd like to show us what you do find funny, wed all love to hear.

Your like a rainy day.

Please get your grammar in order when you address me. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Sorry i forgot i was talking to Bishop Brennan. Answer the question numbnuts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Deres a high horse somewere missin its owner :D

Sorry i forgot i was talking to Bishop Brennan. Answer the question numbnuts.

Numbnuts? Ok I'll ignore that and humour you as you seem to be somewhat intellectually challenged. Show you what I find funny? F**k me, is this doughnut walking among us? Does it vote?

Ok get you carer to click play on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Passengers on flights who get up & saunter about with that cushion thing still attached to their necks.
    On a similar theme , remember those whiplash frauds going about with those hard neck collars for months after an accident and swivelling they're whole body to talk to you , thankfully a/ e departments have stopped giving them out !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Nose piercings , I'm gonna gag thinking about congealed snot on their inner surface , can't bear to look at them ! And people go for interviews with them in as well !

Please don't mention prince Alberts in replies !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Thanking the bus driver, when getting off the bus at your destination

Why wouldn't you say thanks?

People that dont say thanks annoy me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

Will that knob on TV3 stop calling Santi Cazorla "Car-zola"? Aaaarrrggghhhh!!!

Switch over to UTV. :D

Switch over to UTV. :D

Ya and listen to Townsend and Clive tyldsley!! Just knew when lewandowski scored they would bring that elbow back up again....bitter bastard!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

Why wouldn't you say thanks?

People that dont say thanks annoy me.

Are you a bus driver? It's only in this country (correct me if I'm wrong that we do that). I've lived and worked abroad and I've never heard people getting off a bus thanking the driver. We don't go into the cockpit of an airplane one by one and thank the pilot for getting the plane down safely? Or we don't go onto the bridge of a ship and thank the captain for doing such a wonderful job of steering the ship in the right direction?:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Padkir wrote: »
    Will that knob on TV3 stop calling Santi Cazorla "Car-zola"? Aaaarrrggghhhh!!!

Ooooh, you chose to listen to Trevor Welch. Rookie mistake. :P:P:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement