Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I have just received an email from my cousin saying she got an exam. She has sent the same email to 25 other people. I know have emails coming into my account saying Congratulations *******!!!

Please press Reply not replay all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

People who can't sing, singing really loudly as they go about their business.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Omackeral wrote: »
    On Facebook

Sorry, that's not a real job.

"The hardest job of all"

It's not, get over yourself. to quote Bill Burr "any job you can do in your pyjamas is not a difficult job" :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

Miaireland wrote: »
    I have just received an email from my cousin saying she got an exam. She has sent the same email to 25 other people. I know have emails coming into my account saying Congratulations *******!!!

Please press Reply not replay all!

Somehow I got added to some US school mailing list. I keep getting group emails from parents trying to arrange various suppers and school fetes and things. It's driving me crazy. I sent a snotty email back to the group asking to be taken off their list, but clearly nobody actually reads the emails because I'm still getting them. Am now tempted to volunteer to organise everything for their next social occasion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I am all for going for a pint with your parents and /or your children (if they are of age) from time to time but an on tit getter for me is, woman who get all glammed up and go out with the daughter and try to pass themselves off as the older sister

I should really sit down before I read some of these posts, feckin' weak after reading that :D

Having said that though, maybe it IS just because I'm getting older, but I have female friends in their forties that are incredibly well preserved (because that doesn't sound creepy at all... :pac:), and they have daughters in their twenties that look OLDER than their twenties (because that doesn't sound completely perverted at all... in for a penny and all that jazz :o).

Maybe I'm just shìte at guaging people's ages :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

The inevitable "are you wearing a poppy?" thread that comes out this time every year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Having said that though, maybe it IS just because I'm getting older, but I have female friends in their forties that are incredibly well preserved (because that doesn't sound creepy at all... :pac:), and they have daughters in their twenties that look OLDER than their twenties (because that doesn't sound completely perverted at all... in for a penny and all that jazz :o).

Maybe I'm just shìte at guaging people's ages :o[/QUOTE]

Yeah I k now what you are saying, but the type I am on about is the sort who sits with mortified daughter and says "everywhere we go, people say are like sisters"

Yeah says I, and then they crack up laughing:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

The radio add that claims that TV inspectors have a database of all people evading the TV license ( a criminal offence).
    No they ****ing don't, they have a list of all people that don't have a license. There are plenty people on that lust that don't have a license cause they don't have a T.V. and they are not breaking any laws, but the implicaton is that they are.
    I know know it's pedantic but it bugs the ****e outta me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Yup, the default position is if you don't have a license you are an evader because everyone has a tv, dontchaknow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

Just click like to have a 1 in 50 chance to win...

Click this, seriously, you won't believe it...

You HAVE to see this...

IF you eat onions your face will fall off/facebook is going to start charging...

Fck off stupid people with access to the internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Sending a text to 10 people on midday Tuesday.

Getting 3 replies from said group of 10 by midday Wednesday.

The text in question is one that most certainly warrants a response, even a simple Y or N, as it is in the form of a question and ends in '?'

Are you going for a pint?

Do you remember the ad for the TV detector van a few years ago? A transit with a silver bin lid nailed on to it, and it spinned round (the lid, not the van). The ad used to say the van was everywhere.....but nobody ever saw it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Do you remember the ad for the TV detector van a few years ago? A transit with a silver bin lid nailed on to it, and it spinned round (the lid, not the van). The ad used to say the van was everywhere.....but nobody ever saw it

That's made me think of a Terry and June episode...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Rte getting your TV licence fee, then producing ****e TV with ads at least every 15 minutes. And on top of all that they are supposedly running at a loss. The mind boggles.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Rte getting your TV licence fee, then producing ****e TV with ads at least every 15 minutes. And on top of all that they are supposedly running at a loss. The mind boggles.

Paying someone like Tubs, Marty Whelan and Plank Kenny big salaries is what boggles my mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

On the TV license issue: telling us that money from tv licenses "makes quality Irish tv" -er.....noooooo..it might "make quality Irish tv possible" - at a push, but it's still mostly sh1te. I mean, the "best" we have (according to ratings anyway) is a stodgy, predictable "drama" that glamourises violence and gangs and gives Dublin an even worse name than it already has!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    On the TV license issue: telling us that money from tv licenses "makes quality Irish tv" -er.....noooooo..it might "make quality Irish tv possible" - at a push, but it's still mostly sh1te. I mean, the "best" we have (according to ratings anyway) is a stodgy, predictable "drama" that glamourises violence and gangs and gives Dublin an even worse name than it already has!

Winning Streak?

Ah cmon, don't talk about Fair City like that:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Yes I "love to hate" that. :p

I used to watch Fair City (I know, I know. Laugh at me all you want :o ) but stopped once all the storylines about gangs etc came into it. I hate that stuff.
    I watch very little Irish TV now apart from the News.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,993 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Interviews on TV (or ads containing interviews) that have shots of the interviewee from weird camera angles. If you're talking to a camera or an interviewer, that's fine: what I don't get is why they need to show the subject's ear, or a shot up his nose, etc. Just to make it more annoying, the out-of-place shot will be degraded in some way e.g. noisy, jerky, black-and white, etc. Total Cliché ...

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

Not five seconds inside the door of Dealz and some girl comes up to me -

"Sorry do you work here?"...

I get it in Dunnes and Tesco too, I can't be the only one that has people come up to them looking for the baking aisle or whatever! :confused:

I don't mind the old ladies though asking me to reach up for something for them, we weren't all born 7ft giants!

There's another thing that annoys me actually - not only shabby shop layouts, but the stuff stacked up so high it's beyond most people's reach, or stacked so low it's awkward for people when they have to bend down to reach it! :mad:

bnt wrote: »
    Interviews on TV (or ads containing interviews) that have shots of the interviewee from weird camera angles. If you're talking to a camera or an interviewer, that's fine: what I don't get is why they need to show the subject's ear, or a shot up his nose, etc. Just to make it more annoying, the out-of-place shot will be degraded in some way e.g. noisy, jerky, black-and white, etc. Total Cliché ...

I think its to convince us that they are "cool and artsy" when in reality we're like ah woudld ya ever fuuck off with yourself. :)

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Not five seconds inside the door of Dealz and some girl comes up to me -

"Sorry do you work here?"...

I get it in Dunnes and Tesco too, I can't be the only one that has people come up to them looking for the baking aisle or whatever! :confused:

I don't mind the old ladies though asking me to reach up for something for them, we weren't all born 7ft giants!

There's another thing that annoys me actually - not only shabby shop layouts, but the stuff stacked up so high it's beyond most people's reach, or stacked so low it's awkward for people when they have to bend down to reach it! :mad:

lol you should tell them you do work there and then be really nasty and mean to them - and watch their faces fall (from outside the shop at this point) after they pompously complain about the shoddy customer services and are then asked to point out the member of staff in question. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Tangles ... I f/cking hate the c/nts ....

How can two wires when left gently side by side tie themselves up into a knot that is more secure then a knot an Everest hiker would tie ???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

Radio talk show presenters who always let politicians 'talk down the clock', I think that's what it's called.

You're at the Saint Patrick's Day parade and you take out your phone or camera to take some pictures of the bands or floats or performers passing by. You have a really good position to take photos from, and the next thing you see is, some tool from RTE or TV3 with one of those large cameras and a tripod setting up.... right if front of you.

WTF, did I just become invisible, I hate those f***ers, they are as ignorant as you can get. They are right up there with wedding photographers.

Over zealous G-Men (and Women), you know who you are. I think they are called Jobsworths in Britain.

Portaloo's at outdoor events. Who designed the doors on those feckin things? A numpty?

Cold callers and those feckers from India or wherever it was who tell you, you have a problem with your computer and they need to access it to fix it.

Prince George from Ghana who needs to leave his country right away because civil war has broken out and he needs to deposit a large sum of money into your bank account. All he needs are your bank account details.:D

Mates who think it's "heeeelarious altogether" to "surprise" you by trying and whip your phone out of your hand on the street while for example you're reading Boards...

He nearly got a surprise dig in the jaw for his trouble only for I realised who he was :mad:

the_monkey wrote: »

How can two wires when left gently side by side tie themselves up into a knot that is more secure then a knot an Everest hiker would tie ???

Ah true love, they probably couldn't help themselves :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

the_monkey wrote: »

I have noticed this too. Especially at work, the cables for the mouse, the keyboard, the monitor, the computer, the speakers, the printer etc etc can somehow end up all tangled together. Even Stephen Hawkins couldn't explain how that happens. :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement