Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

I have noticed this too. Especially at work, the cables for the mouse, the keyboard, the monitor, the computer, the speakers, the printer etc etc can somehow end up all tangled together. Even Stephen Hawkins couldn't explain how that happens. :confused:

Ohh when I think of all the money I wasted on those "cable tidies", €2 for a pack of plastic tie wraps - sorted!

What IS it with manufacturers that they can make a standard three pin plug or USB connector*, but can't make a standard length bloody cable! :confused:

*Stop laughing down the back, I know there's different USB connectors, micro, mini, etc, but at least that's not as frustrating as cable jungle underneath your desk!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Coming back from holidays and seeing other people heading off on their holidays at the airport.

No sprinkles on my trifle.

^^first world problems^^

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

When someone is wearing an outfit,with the label sticking up for all the world to see.
    Or a white label showing through a black/flimsy top.
    It annoys me so much,I want to go over and shout,"cut it off!"

Also,why the hell do clothes staff always attach the security tags, in the most stupid place possible on the item of clothing?
    How can I try it on if it's all scrunched up/tag in middle of zip,etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

The 'room to improve ' house makeover show on RTE , that useless architect always designs the same boring flat roof extension with large patio doors /windows ,and he's always proven smugly right at the end after he has beaten any originality from the clients into submission .

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Not five seconds inside the door of Dealz and some girl comes up to me -

"Sorry do you work here?"...

I get it in Dunnes and Tesco too, I can't be the only one that has people come up to them looking for the baking aisle or whatever! :confused:

I get that all the time...except I actually do work there and am wearing the uniform that is clearly visible to them as they are approaching me. 'Do you work here?' One day I will say no. Mark my words!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

I get that all the time...except I actually do work there and am wearing the uniform that is clearly visible to them as they are approaching me. 'Do you work here?' One day I will say no. Mark my words!!!!

I said that before in Supervalu. 'No I dont work here, just really like the uniform'

He asked for my number :cool:

(im not normally rude, but he was cute and I wanted a laugh)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

When I worked in a shop, I could be stacking a shelf or a fridge and people would still ask if I worked there.

"No, I don't work here. I just get a real kick out of stacking shelves."

And then they'd inevitably ask me to find something that was staring straight out at them.

I said that before in Supervalu. 'No I dont work here, just really like the uniform'

Interesting. Come to think of it, there is an attractive customer whom I am quite partial to...although he's caught me staring at him enough times to realise that I do work there :o

RayM wrote: »
    And then they'd inevitably ask me to find something that was staring straight out at them.

We literally have so many pet peeves relating specifically to customers :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

We literally have so many pet peeves relating specifically to customers :P

There's a "Cries of Retail" thread (I think that's what it's called anyway) in the Ranting and Raving forum that may be of interest to you :D

• Advertisement

Czarcasm wrote: »
    There's a "Cries of Retail" thread (I think that's what it's called anyway) in the Ranting and Raving forum that may be of interest to you :D

There's a ranting and raving forum here? How have I never seen this??

There's a ranting and raving forum here? How have I never seen this??

You have to PM for access, I think its Overheal that let me in after I ranted here :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

Yeah he is mod. Good craic in there.

Coming up to the best time if year as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

Did you... you know... give him your number??

Mickey H wrote: »
    Did you... you know... give him your number??

I did :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

Nice! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Shops that sell foods like pasta salads, salad boxes, boxes of fruit and yogurts specifically for lunch -but don't offer any plastic cutlery with them. Great, I've got my lunch... now how the feck am I supposed to eat it?! >.<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭Paulie Gualtieri

listening to a clock tick.

people taking ages at the atm .

pushy sales people.

people who go overboard when thanking someone who works in a shop and scans and takes their money , "thank you very much , thank you , .... just say thanks and go !

people who tell their life story to the cashier when theres a que , do your sh1t and go ffs!

people taking ages at the atm .

!

This has to be the most popular one, I must be really patient or something but I've never been bothered by it in the slightest! and it seems really common. Must pay more attention at the ATM in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

People playing music on their phones in public places. Get some headphones or a helmet for when you're licking windows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Drives me mental :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Mass, and people who bang on about mass. Did ye get mass? what time is mass on at? that was a lovely mass. Mass was too short. Where would I get mass? People getting mass every day......looking down their nose at the sinning bastards who only go once a week. I remember when I used to go, the people who could recite the whole mass, and would do it 4-5 words ahead of the priest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

A dripping tap
    A creaking door
    Exhaust 'systems' on young feckers cars
    Oul wans telling their life story and catching up on the latest gossip with the cashier in the bank when you are in the queue hoping to get out of there before New Years Eve..... and it's only June
    Jean Byrne, ever since she stopped wearing all that leather gear, awwwhhhh :confused:
    People who stop you in the street and ask questions like, where is the tourist information office, I could have sworn I passed it just minutes ago? You then look around as if to suggest the tourist office was there at one stage, but someone has stolen it, but instead say, no tourist office here mate, it's 4 miles outside the town
    Guards with no sense of humour on Saint Patrick's Day.
    Farmers who think they own the road from Easter till Halloween, pull in for feck sake and let the rest of us past
    Haircuts, they look great in the barber shop, but the following day you look in the mirror and think, oh Je*us, what is going on with my hair, I'll have to wear a hat for the next two weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Mass, and people who bang on about mass. Did ye get mass? what time is mass on at? that was a lovely mass. Mass was too short. Where would I get mass? People getting mass every day......looking down their nose at the sinning bastards who only go once a week. I remember when I used to go, the people who could recite the whole mass, and would do it 4-5 words ahead of the priest.

OK. Here come the inevitable Ted Quotes:

Now Father O'Reilly gives good mass. It takes him two hours since he had the stroke. That's value for money.

... look at that chalice work. Effortless. He really knows how to work the altar.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Grrr that drives me nuts as well. And it's one of those things you may not hear instantly but once you notice it then it just seems to get louder and louder and more annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Get in there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Paddy Fields

eisenberg1 wrote: »

And the same people can be the worst hypocrites going. When I seperated; the couple next door to us stopped talking to us. After we divorced well we really were doomed to hell and damnation. Even when we were married she'd go off to mass on Sunday and do you think she'd even say, "good morning?" Not a chance... A stuck up cnut. I almost pity her poor pu55y-whipped husband.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Paddy Fields

Oul wans telling their life story and catching up on the latest gossip with the cashier in the bank when you are in the queue hoping to get out of there before New Years Eve..... and it's only June. <snip>

I got that in the credit union on Tuesday... "How old is your mammy?... That's a great age isn't it?" Then on and on and fukken on... I actually stood there asking myself if she is aware that there is a queue behind her or does she think this is a coffee morning or does she just not give a flying fook! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

And the same people can be the worst hypocrites going. When I seperated; the couple next door to us stopped talking to us. After we divorced well we really were doomed to hell and damnation. Even when we were married she'd go off to mass on Sunday and do you think she'd even say, "good morning?" Not a chance... A stuck up cnut. I almost pity her poor pu55y-whipped husband.

I uncle stopped talking to my sister for having a child out of wedlock.

Then 9 years later he was caught ****ing prozzies behind his wifes back

Some people

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement