Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

And the same people can be the worst hypocrites going. When I seperated; the couple next door to us stopped talking to us. After we divorced well we really were doomed to hell and damnation. Even when we were married she'd go off to mass on Sunday and do you think she'd even say, "good morning?" Not a chance... A stuck up cnut. I almost pity her poor pu55y-whipped husband.

Tell her husband she is bonkin the postman:D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Mass, and people who bang on about mass. Did ye get mass? what time is mass on at? that was a lovely mass. Mass was too short. Where would I get mass? People getting mass every day......looking down their nose at the sinning bastards who only go once a week. I remember when I used to go, the people who could recite the whole mass, and would do it 4-5 words ahead of the priest.

One of my exes had parents like this, small town parochial idiots who only went to mass to gossip and talk about who wasn't there, I was a big sinning heathen non believer then who wouldn't go just to keep them happy if I was visiting, fuuuck that. Everything stopped in the house when the Angelus was on it was bizarre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

And the same people can be the worst hypocrites going. When I seperated; the couple next door to us stopped talking to us. After we divorced well we really were doomed to hell and damnation. Even when we were married she'd go off to mass on Sunday and do you think she'd even say, "good morning?" Not a chance... A stuck up cnut. I almost pity her poor pu55y-whipped husband.

We have neighbours who think just because they go to mass that St Peter will be waiting for them with a locker key - they dont care that they haven't spoken to their elderly neighbours for over a year due to a planning permission squabble, and that they leave their dogs tied up in the yard in minus double figures 24/7... no no - once you hog the pew on a sunday morning while the roast is in the oven you're safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Gamayun

Ebooks where the text isn't justified!

I know it only takes 30 seconds to fix but why the hell wouldn't the publishers do this? They wouldn't release the print edition without the text being justified so why do so with the ebook?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Add to the mass rant, even though I have not been to Sunday mass in years: The Sign of Peace:
    How come people will smile at you in mass and give you the sign of peace, yet, if you were to meet the same people on the street during the week, they'd just walk through you?

I come from a very small village where most people would know each other by the way...

Also: The fashion show. I go home for the weekend and my mum comes home from mass. She likes to tell me about seeing someone I was in school with with their gorgeous husband and angelic child in the pew with them and the fabulous outfit she was wearing and how much weight she seems to have lost... If I ask what the priest spoke about in his sermon, I am met with a blank stare and..."I don't know. I didn't hear it!"

• Advertisement

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    We have neighbours who think just because they go to mass that St Peter will be waiting for them with a locker key - they dont care that they haven't spoken to their elderly neighbours for over a year due to a planning permission squabble, and that they leave their dogs tied up in the yard in minus double figures 24/7... no no - once you hog the pew on a sunday morning while the roast is in the oven you're safe.

Ok, the gloves are off:P

I have two sets of neighbours who don't speak....not for years, but still send each other Xmas cards, wtf is that all about?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Ok, the gloves are off:P

I have two sets of neighbours who don't speak....not for years, but still send each other Xmas cards, wtf is that all about?

A sort of suburban Duelling Banjos. Lot of it about. :D

jimgoose wrote: »
    A sort of suburban Duelling Banjos. Lot of it about. :D

Dang it, now that music is in my head! I'm sharing it now:

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Buskers on Grafton Street

1 or 2 is fine but these days there's about 10

and then theres the w*nkers who dress up in all gold/silver/grey paint and pretend to be statues...... Arseholes.

Dont mind the old lad who knees with his hands out looking for money though.

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Add to the mass rant, even though I have not been to Sunday mass in years: The Sign of Peace:

****, yeah I forgot about The Sign of Peace, shaking hands with some mankbag pissy smellin ( the pissy smell always went up an octave on damp days when the rads were on in mass) gimp who have who knows (god knows:D) on their hands. And to cap it all, some wannabee priest dishing out communion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

****, yeah I forgot about The Sign of Peace, shaking hands with some mankbag pissy smellin ( the pissy smell always went up an octave on damp days when the rads were on in mass) gimp who have who knows (god knows:D) on their hands. And to cap it all, some wannabee priest dishing out communion.

Some rookie priest ...

" Would ya look at how he reaches in for the body of our lord, state of his handling skills."

"He doesnt even make eye contact, ...Amateur!"

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

beakerjoe wrote: »

and then theres the w*nkers who dress up in all gold/silver/grey paint and pretend to be statues...... Arseholes.

How is painting yourself, standing really still and only moving very occasionally some sort of worthy talent??

Some rookie priest ...

" Would ya look at how he reaches in for the body of our lord, state of his handling skills."

"He doesnt even make eye contact, ...Amateur!"

:P

Makes eye contact alright..........at the altar boy

Dang it, now that music is in my head! I'm sharing it now:

:D

Bill Bailey does a great "Indian" version this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

F*ck these people.

Bill Bailey does a great "Indian" version this.

Thanks. I had forgotten about that, loved it.
    Is there anything BB can't do? Rant: People who have more talent in their big toe than I have in my entire body! :pac:

F*ck these people.

No thanks. You'd get that paint all over your...ahem...parts...

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭simonsays1

Microwave beep beep! (5 loud beeps)

'I bleeding hear ya, righ'!'

I hang around the kitchen while the microwave is in operation so there is ABSOLUTELY NO CHANCE of it going off.

Also, my flatmate's irritating alarm clock (40 mins snooze ffs)

I really try not let it effect me as I've more to be worrying about BUT still v irritating

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭simonsays1

And also even more annoying......

people who yawn loudly....

aaahhhhhh

Christ, it goes right through me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

I know the whole ATM rant has been done to death, but here's my contribution anyway: ;)

Why am I always stuck behind a person who has to make five different transactions with five different cards on the same machine? They finish one transaction, take their money, open their wallet, put in the money, AND THEN TAKE OUT ANOTHER CARD AND PUT INTO THE MACHINE!! AND THEN ANOTHER AFTER THAT!! STOP TORTURING ME!

This always seems to happen to me!!

• Advertisement

American recipes

EG: Chile

Ingredients required: Ground beef, cup of frozen diced onion, can kidney beans, and a jar of chili sauce WTF= a recipe in US ?

I would say Gordon Ramsay is ****ting himself.

While I am at it, you the know child "Chef" on RTE? The guy who spends more time on his hair than anything else......who is he related to?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

American recipes

Ingredients required: Ground beef, cup of frozen diced onion, can kidney beans, and a jar of chili sauce WTF= a recipe in US ?

While I am at it, you the know child "Chef" on RTE? The guy who spends more time on his hair than anything else......who is he related to?

That young guy chef?

American recipes

Donal Skehan? He's only playing the Cork Opera House!

A cook in Cork Opera House?? your ****ting me....they can have him:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

People scraping their chairs when they leave the table.

People (OH a fuucker for it) scraping knife/fork off plate.

"Deluxe" used to describe something standard, or any kind of marketing attempt to make thoroughly average people feel special eg - priority boarding on Ryanair :rolleyes:

Edit: like "deluxe crackers" ffs! What, they have a paper hat? A plastic spinning top that the others don't have? A sh1t keyring scissors that's too benign to cut anything? Ye can take that tiny deck of cards and shove them up your proverbial...I'll "deluxe" ya :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

People who slurp their soup. There's a guy in work who does that and no one says anything to him. We all sit there, trying not to laugh and choke at the same time.

Places are limited, you need to book now so you won't be disappointed. Signs that have those words on them. Yeah right, you'll have another sign up next month saying the exact same bloody thing again.

Tin openers that don't actually do their job. The lid is only 98% removed from the tin, and there you are with a knife trying to lift the lid up, and your hand slips and the peas or the beans or whatever was in the tin is now all over you.

Instruction manuals in pdf format on the DVD drive you've just bought. How am I supposed to read the instruction manual on the DVD when I don't know how to install the bloody thing first.

People who run their first 5K or 10K race and never shut up about what a life changing event it was.

"French fries" in McDonalds. More like French fried matchsticks.

Expensive health foods and drinks. Healthy me arse.

Middle aged women who carry their rat sized dog around in their handbags.

Middle aged women who refer to their dog as 'my baby' or 'meet the baby of the family', mental or what.

Women who ask, how do you feel after eating that meal......ummmmm full?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

People who slurp their soup.

Off topic, but I just realised what FITA stands for. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

Sinfonia wrote: »

Fédération Internationale de Tits et Ass? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

Sinfonia wrote: »

You are about to read a book my foot wrote.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiJEMK4Z96A

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement