Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

People who post on facebook asking what the score was in whatever match was on. You clearly have access to the internet go look up the score yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

Waking up a few minutes late and not having time to make your coffee for the car journey

• Registered Users Posts: 6,602 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Tin openers that don't actually do their job. The lid is only 98% removed from the tin, and there you are with a knife trying to lift the lid up, and your hand slips and the peas or the beans or whatever was in the tin is now all over you.
    Invest in a suction cup and a piece of string. Sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

People drinking coffee in their car

• Registered Users Posts: 23 archie84

When people are eating and scrape the fork off there teeth after putting food in their mouth or slurping soup off the soup spoon!!!!! Ohhh my god

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

People who post pics of what they're going to eat on facebook, and post updates of every burp and bowel movement of their offspring.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

People who post pics of what they're going to eat on facebook, and post updates of every burp and bowel movement of their offspring.

And people who film the birth of their kids................and want to show it to you FFS!!!

If I want to see a film of anything remotely connected to childbirth, its a film of the conception I want to see, not the birth!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

archie84 wrote: »
    When people are eating and scrape the fork off there teeth after putting food in their mouth or slurping soup off the soup spoon!!!!! Ohhh my god

There's a more common one -

Tea and coffee slurpers! It's not THAT hard to actually LIFT the cup or mug to your mouth, instead of trying to vacuum the liquid out of the container! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

People who say stuff like " I have been to the 4 corners of the world"

Its a feckin sphere. Show me the corners you numptey.

Strituck wrote: »
    People who say stuff like " I have been to the 4 corners of the world"

Its a feckin sphere. Show me the corners you numptey.

It's not meant to be taken literally, it just means the four compass points -

North, South, East and West.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 27 SamaraCreamed

Upstarts on my fingers
    When I have to hold a huge fart when in the company of others and it hurts
    When the seat belt stops me from leaning forward(to look) at a crossroads
    When my nails are too long
    When people mis-pronounce 'un' as 'on'. As in, "I walked onder the bridge.. It's onhealthy to eat, etc"
    The awkwardness of having to tell someone that their earphones are too loud when studying in the library
    When I've just finished washing my hands after taking a dump and then I realise I have to take another one

Czarcasm wrote: »
    It's not meant to be taken literally, it just means the four compass points -

North, South, East and West.

After Hours is no place for reasonable logic ! How dare you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

When you are walking down the street and people in front of you keep blowing smoke in your face.
    Transition year students who spend the day rattling charity buckets for some hospital or other.

People drinking coffee in their car

Is that you George Hook ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Everything annoys me today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

Everything annoys me today.

Your comment annoys me so much! Just go away!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Czarcasm wrote: »
    There's a more common one -

Tea and coffee slurpers! It's not THAT hard to actually LIFT the cup or mug to your mouth, instead of trying to vacuum the liquid out of the container! :(

I do this on purpose to annoy, I do a really long satisfied aggggggh after every sip too, the reaction it provokes is hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

keano2012 wrote: »
    Your comment annoys me so much! Just go away!

Easy.... Easy big fella.....Easy (said in a Steve Irwin Voice):P

I do this on purpose to annoy, I do a really long satisfied aggggggh after every sip too, the reaction it provokes is hilarious.

Something akin to the reaction as I read your post -

uh_wtf_gif.gif

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Easy.... Easy big fella.....Easy (said in a Steve Irwin Voice):P

sorry- just one of those days where everything is going wrong and every fooooooking thing is p!ssing me off!

who are u to tell me to be easy! you be easy!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

keano2012 wrote: »
    sorry- just one of those days where everything is going wrong and every fooooooking thing is p!ssing me off!

who are u to tell me to be easy! you be easy!!!!

See you! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

People who 'smack' their lips after every time they swallow food.

People who walk in a rush from a coffee shop back to work holding a styrafoam cup of coffee and a bagel in the other hand.... this isn't fookin New York and you are not Sarah Jessica Parker.

Tofu...... grrrrrrrrr.

Burning my feckin fingers when I take a plate or dish out of the microwave, gets me every feckin time.

Bin liner bags.

Electric irons that leak water.

The last bit of toothpaste in the tube. I'm going to get you, you little fecker, there's no hiding, the big scary man is coming to get ya. Goes off to get scissors to open it up. :eek:

That black pea in a can of otherwise perfect peas, who the fook puts that pea in there just to wind me up.

Toasters with only two settings. You have a choice of waiting all day for it to toast your bread or having it burnt and making it useless. Feckin toasters.

People, namely American's, who start a sentence with the word, say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

People who 'smack' their lips after every time they swallow food.

People who walk in a rush from a coffee shop back to work holding a styrafoam cup of coffee and a bagel in the other hand.... this isn't fookin New York and you are not Sarah Jessica Parker.

Tofu...... grrrrrrrrr.

Burning my feckin fingers when I take a plate or dish out of the microwave, gets me every feckin time.

Bin liner bags.

Electric irons that leak water.

The last bit of toothpaste in the tube. I'm going to get you, you little fecker, there's no hiding, the big scary man is coming to get ya. Goes off to get scissors to open it up. :eek:

That black pea in a can of otherwise perfect peas, who the fook puts that pea in there just to wind me up.

Toasters with only two settings. You have a choice of waiting all day for it to toast your bread or having it burnt and making it useless. Feckin toasters.

People, namely American's, who start a sentence with the word, say.

This x 10,000. Tofu offends me.

People, who seem to have sweet FA else to do all day, but come on here with the most trivial, annoying things that bug, them "oh, someone left the kettle unplugged" or "My OH squeezes the toothpaste from the MIDDLE of the tube"

You need a life !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    People, who seem to have sweet FA else to do all day, but come on here with the most trivial, annoying things that bug, them "oh, someone left the kettle unplugged" or "My OH squeezes the toothpaste from the MIDDLE of the tube"

You need a life !!!!

Me thinks the pot is calling the kettle black. :p

Me thinks the pot is calling the kettle black. :p

Blacker than the blackest thing you can imagine, the inside of a black cow at night:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭sok2005

Hate it when your eyeliner hasn't been chipped right and a bit of sharp wood stabs your eyelid. Ouch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Cheerful people annoy me. There's just something unnatural about it, especially in the morning. Also the backlash against the police for taking the blond Roma child away from the parents is pi**ing me off. If the child had been abducted and they'd disappeared with her, fearing they were under suspicion there'd be an uproar over it, now we have a frigging namby pamby, whiney, pc brigade ranting about racial profiliing:rolleyes:

I really wish the pc brigade would just fcuk right off and leave the rest of us to live in peace

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Blacker than the blackest thing you can imagine, the inside of a black cow at night:D

Racist.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

This has to be the most popular one, I must be really patient or something but I've never been bothered by it in the slightest! and it seems really common. Must pay more attention at the ATM in future.

You're one of the ATM hoggers aren't you? :pac:

It annoys me when people don't punctuate their sentences properly, instead of using the odd full stop they just use comma after comma, turning what should be three sentences into one ginormous one, it reads like someone talking and talking without taking a breath, annoying isn't it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement