Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Paddy Fields

Cheerful people annoy me. There's just something unnatural about it, especially in the morning. <snip>

Whistlers in shops. Whistling a nothing tune they are making up as they go along.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

People that do the whole "cheers" thing when the first round of drinks have been bought. I don't mind if celebrating doing it but annoys me when it's done without a special occasion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Fcuking weather can't make up it's mind! Either piss rain and get it over with, or let me leave my coat at home so's I won't sweat like a pig.

But don't fcuking piss rain when I'm going out in the morning, blast sunshine down when I'm indoors, piss rain on my way home, blast sunshine while I'm having my lunch and have me think it's going to be a clear afternoon...

Then five fcuking minutes after I'm out the door and I've left my coat at home and I've got my sunglasses on... FCUKING HEAVENS OPEN AND I GET DRENCHED! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Fcuking weather can't make up it's mind! Either piss rain and get it over with, or let me leave my coat at home so's I won't sweat like a pig.

But don't fcuking piss rain when I'm going out in the morning, blast sunshine down when I'm indoors, piss rain on my way home, blast sunshine while I'm having my lunch and have me think it's going to be a clear afternoon...

Then five fcuking minutes after I'm out the door and I've left my coat at home and I've got my sunglasses on... FCUKING HEAVENS OPEN AND I GET DRENCHED! :mad:

And how long have you lived in Ireland? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Happens to every one in Ireland. Its why God invented Australia

• Advertisement

People who believe fortune tellers and psychics actually can tell the future and speak to the dead.

Come on!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭clareames

Weird punctuation like - our,s or there,s <-- like what is that... For a start there shouldn't be any punctuation in them words and there,s should be THEIRS... and my husbands friend texts him all the time and when saying Doesn't he writes Do:s Does my head in... and 'should of done something' it is 'should HAVE done something' annoys me so much... my friend asks me a question with no question marks and every sentence has a smiley face after it even if it is a subject not to be smiling at.

clareames wrote: »
    Weird punctuation like - our,s or there,s <-- like what is that... For a start there shouldn't be any punctuation in them words and there,s should be THEIRS... and my husbands friend texts him all the time and when saying Doesn't he writes Do:s Does my head in... and 'should of done something' it is 'should HAVE done something' annoys me so much... my friend asks me a question with no question marks and every sentence has a smiley face after it even if it is a subject not to be smiling at.

Its up there with girlos on facebook putting xxxxxx after every message. Are you kissing them???? if so then why?

SAPS!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

Hiyaaaaa
    Hi babes
    Hiyaaaaa alriiiiiight
    Hiyaaaaa babes
    Hiyaaaaa babes, wahcha doin?

Over use of the word Hun in text messages.

Grrrrrrrr, in fact, Grrrrrr * 10,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

beakerjoe wrote: »
    People who believe fortune tellers and psychics actually can tell the future and speak to the dead.

Come on!

Yep, they usually open up with "would you like your fortune told?"

I respond with " well, if you are so fuucken hot at seeing the future, why are you asking me"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

You do know there's a big difference between theirs and there's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Dolbert wrote: »
    You're one of the ATM hoggers aren't you? :pac:

It annoys me when people don't punctuate their sentences properly, instead of using the odd full stop they just use comma after comma, turning what should be three sentences into one ginormous one, it reads like someone talking and talking without taking a breath, annoying isn't it?

In the same vein, constant use of ellipses instead of proper punctuation. Argh!

or LOL is fine but when some people write LOOOOOOLLLLL - I always write under it Laugh out out out out out loud loud loud (to the required number of letters of course) just to show them that its actually something very stupid they wrote...

I hate He he he What are u? I am a HA HA person... trivial I know but this is the thread for it!! HA HA

sweetie wrote: »
    You do know there's a big difference between theirs and there's?

it was just an example Sweetie!! of the stupid comma being used where it shouldn't

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Paddy Fields

Text message English on a forum or worse in an email. How r u? Ok m8, gr8, what r u doin'... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,238 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

people.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Yes, the 'should of' really bugs me too.

or LOL is fine but when some people write LOOOOOOLLLLL - I always write under it Laugh out out out out out loud loud loud (to the required number of letters of course) just to show them that its actually something very stupid they wrote...

I hate He he he What are u? I am a HA HA person... trivial I know but this is the thread for it!! HA HA

LOL is certainly not fine when the texter uses it in every sentence!

Once dated a girl and i got sick of it quickly.

"Hi, how are you this morning? LOL"

"So where are we going later? LOL"

LOL, Really... whats so funny? It turned me off what was a nice girl. I had visons of the future ?

"Dont worry, im sure you'll recover from the flu, LOL"

"Dont worry about your parents divorce LOL"

"My dad died, LOL"

:mad:

beakerjoe wrote: »
    LOL is certainly not fine when the texter uses it in every sentence!

Once dated a girl and i got sick of it quickly.

"Hi, how are you this morning? LOL"

"So where are we going later? LOL"

LOL, Really... whats so funny? It turned me off what was a nice girl. I had visons of the future ?

"Dont worry, im sure you'll recover from the flu, LOL"

"Dont worry about your parents divorce LOL"

"My dad died, LOL"

:mad:

My friends Mother used it all the time thinking it was Lots of Love... that was ok until she text someone to offer her condolences on an issue and we were like "Whats so funny?"

OldNotWise, are you doing anything nice for the long weekend?

Wait for it..........................

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 top kat

what really, really really really annoys me is when i go to almost any shop counter, waiting to be served, i get the same stupid question... 'are ya all right?' what does that mean? When did that become the standard customer service response? whats wrong with asking 'can i help you?' or 'what can i get for you?'

anyway, it really annoys me, so whenever I'm asked 'are ya all right?' i ask, 'in what way exactly? mentally? emotionally? physically?
    stupid, i know... but it bloody annoys me so much...

anyway, it really annoys me, so whenever I'm asked 'are ya all right?' i ask, 'in what way exactly? mentally? emotionally? physically?
    stupid, i know... but it bloody annoys me so much...[/QUOTE]

So, in a busy bar or nite club, when the bar staff finally get to you and say "Hi, are you alright", that's how you reply. I reckon you will die from thirst:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Got a new router and its white, all my other kit is (ie Monitor , Firewall, Server UPS and switch are black)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Yep, they usually open up with "would you like your fortune told?"

I respond with " well, if you are so fuucken hot at seeing the future, why are you asking me"

This reminds me of those God botherers that stand on street corners and the like, some even set up a stall and have people handing out pamphlets, so this one girl approached me with -

"Would you like to let God into your life?"

"No thanks, I'm Muslim!"*

The "Ehh??" reaction on her face was priceless :D

*I'm not actually Muslim, I'm Roman Catholic, I just have no time for God bothering shìte!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

Wheel clampers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

I had to something to say awhile ago that annoyed me but I got banned and now I can't remember!! Hate people start telling u something then get interrupted and cant remember what they wanted to tell u!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

keano2012 wrote: »
    I had to something to say awhile ago that annoyed me but I got banned and now I can't remember!! Hate people start telling u something then get interrupted and cant remember what they wanted to tell u!!

What did you get banned for?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

People who type 'defiantly' instead of 'definitely'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

I absolutely hate it when people come up to the till in work and are talking away on their phone at the same time ignoring me completely, not even acknowledging my existence. I would never ever do that if I was in a shop, I think it's so incredibly rude. If the phone rings when the person is at the till then that's fair enough, but otherwise....gtfo.

I'm sorry but 90% of people on tills are just as ignorant, and they're not even on the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Feathers

"Would you like to let God into your life?"

"No thanks, I'm Muslim!"*

The "Ehh??" reaction on her face was priceless

Maybe she was confused because she knows that Muslims believe in God.

What's annoying me atm is the tiny knife I have in an airport café. It's not like if they gave me a regular-sized (blunt) knife that I'd be able to sneak it onboard & hijack the plane!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement