Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭seablue

daveyeh wrote: »
    People who say 'awesome' for anything. Get a dictionary you fool.

Agreed, this annoys me too. I work in IT and it seems to be popular with young techies who think they are cool.

None of my non-IT friends ever use this word.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Driving the speed limit and someone behinds me flashing for me to go faster or get out of the way. It's not safe for me to move into another lane or overtake so stop flashing at me because I'm not speeding.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Caoilinn.

When people ask me to have some of my own food.Bitch you have your own, you ain't gettin any unless I offer it to you and they don't even say please or ****ing thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Autocorrect is really annoying me at this stage. It loves to change stupid little things for the worse on me lately like supermacs to supermax and coppers to coopers.

I wouldn't mind but it wasn't half bad once upon a time, but I've made so many fuk ups that eventually it starts to change one genuine spelling mistake to another because it thinks it's right.

It's not, and I've the text only just sent before I cop on to how think I sometimes end up sounding.

steddyeddy wrote: »
    Driving the speed limit and someone behinds me flashing for me to go faster or get out of the way. It's not safe for me to move into another lane or overtake so stop flashing at me because I'm not speeding.

That could be played from the other side on this thread too :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

People who scrape their fork off plates while eating.

Also, I hate tinfoil, horrible stuff! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

1ZRed wrote: »
    Autocorrect is really annoying me at this stage. It loves to change stupid little things for the worse on me lately like supermacs to supermax and coppers to coopers.

I wouldn't mind but it wasn't half bad once upon a time, but I've made so many fuk ups that eventually it starts to change one genuine spelling mistake to another because it thinks it's right.

It's not, and I've the text only just sent before I cop on to how think I sometimes end up sounding.

Just lern to spel corectly and u dont hav to reely on aotocorect.

Just lern to spel corectly and u dont hav to reely on aotocorect.

Lyk totes bbz! Xx :)

Fook me, it takes a lot out of me to write like such a gobshíte

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

I think your phone is trying to do something about your social life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭HTML5!

People banging on (and I'm sure there'll be a thread about it somewhere) how great their other half is for conforming and buying them flowers or a weekend break somewhere for Valentine's day. :rolleyes:

Yeah, it's no coincidence those gifts were given on Feb 14th. You got them because it's Valentine's day. They're not the result of a random loving gesture.

Thankfully herself (I bloody hate when people use that when referring to their boy/girlfriends - Just thought I'd get that in here in this little rant :D) and I don't do the Valentine's thing. Load of rubbish.

• Advertisement

I think your phone is trying to do something about your social life.

Only for taking the piss out of some mates in Dublin and the odd time in general use, thankfully :P

Though you'll often find me drunk in supermacs with a snack box at 2:30AM. Won't deny that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swimming in a sea

People who can't use or bring too many items to the self service checkout, it used to be quick if getting a few items but now you're often better off joining the cashier queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Kids playing football outside my house.
    I keep thinking the ball's going to hit my window. Why can't they play on the local field?!

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭aknitter

People using your laptop and turning off the num lock key - I use those buttons all the time and don't care if you don't have the courtesy to give it back as you found it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Alistairt7

Why oh why do radio stations engage presenters with speech impediments... two in particular that create particular annoyance are Sile Seoige and that dammed lisp and Ian Guider and his inability to pronounce his "th" correctly. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Alistairt7 wrote: »
    Why oh why do radio stations engage presenters with speech impediments... two in particular that create particular annoyance are Sile Seoige and that dammed list and Ian Guider and his inability to pronounce his "th" correctly. :mad:

You leave Sile Seoige out of this, Mother fucker :mad::mad::mad::mad:!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

That my knuckles can't withstand air conditioning / winter weather without chapping / bleeding / looking flaked and that creams don't help... + when attendance is mandatory for fun (or what's supposed to be fun) events.. Kinda turns it into a duty moreso than fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭lucretiaborgia

It annoys me that I always thought until recently that Timbuktu was one of those mythological places that don't really exist...like Shangrila or Tir na nOg.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

The use of "me" instead of "my", especially in written form.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Garzard

Ad breaks on TV. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,529 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

People who hold everyone else up at the supermarket checkout and couldn't care less that they are doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

People who text me in acronyms. Took me ages to figure what BTW means.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Roger_007 wrote: »

"We are all out of Cornflakes. FU"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Shryker

Roger_007 wrote: »

People too stupid to type 3 letters into google in order to relieve their excruciating ignorance :p. I mean wtf. Ponder that one for a while Roger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

Just about finishing off a thundering number two only to realise there's no bog paper left. :eek:

Looks like it's going to be a second shower day again. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

A new one I'm seeing on here lately is "Looser" instead of "Loser" and all it's variants. Stop it, it makes you look like a moron.

EDIT: Just discovered another one. Guitarists on the Internet. I'm specifically talking about people who do video reviews for pedals and stuff. If you've ever looked at one, you'll know what I'm talking about. Smug cunts noodling away for fifteen minutes, playing some blues scale over and over. Yeah, that's real great, but it doesn't help, you fucking tool. I don't want to see how fast you can play. I don't give a flying fuck about your vibrato skills. I would rather choke on my own shit than have you tell me what wood your guitar is made of, like that really makes a huge and marked difference on an ELECTRIC GUITAR, WHAT WITH THE MAIN PROPERTY OF WOOD BEING IT'S FANTASTIC ABILITY TO CONDUCT ELECTRICITY, YOU STUPID ASSHOLE. I don't give any amount of a shit how good your doodly doodly skills are. It won't make me want to fuck you, also I am an unattractive guy so neither will you want that. It won't make me think you are awesome, because I want to know about the gear, not your phenomenal hammer skills. PLAY A FUCKING POWER CHORD OR SOMETHING YOU GOD DAMNED PIECE OF HORSE SHIT NONCE CUNT OR I WILL CUT YOU!!

Limp, half-assed handshakes. Nothing gives off a worse impression than one of them, imo

Gotta get in there until you here a loud crunch and a grimace of sheer pain on their face to know you've done it right :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Limp, half-assed handshakes. Nothing gives off a worse impression than one of them, imo

Gotta get in there until you here a loud crunch and a grimace of sheer pain on their face to know you've done it right :p

Oh fcuk no, I worked with a guy like that once (tongue like a basset hound too!), a handshake for him was like a test of strength! Firm handshake you ass, not a bloody contest!

Trivial things that annoy me? I curse badly enough when I'm sober, but when I have a few down I can practically turn the fcuking air blue! :pac:

Maybe that's one for the things I hate about myself thread, I don't think right now I could tackle the shìtstorm I kicked off in the Ming thread! :pac

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Oh fcuk no, I worked with a guy like that once (tongue like a basset hound too!), a handshake for him was like a test of strength! Firm handshake you ass, not a bloody contest!

Oh that good, yeah? :p

I'm not serious with the handshakes. I think I shook over 300 people's hands over Christmas to have the knack expertly down by now.

• Advertisement

When I'm sitting on the bus and I can feel something sticking into the back of the seat from behind, like someones knee or something

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement