Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

In the canteen on campus they sell yoghurts and have small plastic spoons which you can take to eat it the yoghurt with.

The problem is the spoon is tea spoon dimensions except for the depth of it, they are really deep every time you eat a spoon of yoghurt you need to use your tongue to reach into the bottomless pit of the spoon to get the yoghurt out.

Highly trivial yet really annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Guys in my gym who have to dry their flip- flops with the hair dryer for five minutes !' Wtf ???, .....they tend not to be offended by my sympathetic , "god bless him" looks , a sign of true simpletons !

Please don't mention the other bits they also dry with the hair dryer !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Bag packers...

Went into dunnes today to pick up 1 thing and find myself noticing one of them at the other side. Normally I just avoid the tills they are on but I didn't notice until it was too late. I thought dunnes stopped allowing animal charities to do it but they'll allow some football team to get money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭canadianwoman

Wheel clampers.

They need a foot up their ass. :)

Got a new router and its white, all my other kit is (ie Monitor , Firewall, Server UPS and switch are black)
    Spray paint it! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭who the fug

Spray paint it! ;)

no that would create an interference in the force, also I could never with an Uncle Tom router

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

They need a foot up their ass. :)

My foot's a thermometer and their asses need their temperature taken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭The Big Smoke

People that take a million "selfies" and inflict them on the rest of us. Insecure freaks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

The American version of the Inbetweeners. It's a travesty!

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭yizorselves

People asking "Whats the craic" without thinking, just feck off

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

gramar wrote: »
    What did you get banned for?

I called another poster a C u Next Tuesday and they got offended....was only a joke though!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,300 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

clareames wrote: »
    My friends Mother used it all the time thinking it was Lots of Love... that was ok until she text someone to offer her condolences on an issue and we were like "Whats so funny?"

same as Ross O Carroll Kelly's old dear

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

Immigration hoops.

Some of them are even flaming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles-old

I bit the inside of my cheek a few days ago, and keep biting it accidentally because its so swollen now. Its so painful, cant even smile without feeling like I'm being knifed in the face.

I just came across a facebook page, pretending to be a rabbit. It is the most cringe inducing thing I have seen in ages. Theres one pic with the rabbit and owner, theres sunglasses photoshopped onto the rabbit. The owner looks mid 30's and male.

Posts are 'just got caught digging a hole, my bad' 'just checking my facebook'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

People who hum. My house mate hums when he's doing any sort of cleaning or work around the house,it's head wrecking. For christs sake you're a grown man not a 6 year old girl stop feckin humming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

Burning my mouth with scalding T, and then going into a psychotic spasm and spilling the rest of the T down my chin and over my hand and I still didn't let the cup go..... So that trivial thing 'kinda' annoyed me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Arsehole bus drivers who act like selling a ticket is some enormous and unreasonable new imposition on them.

The guy driving the 10am 103 today ate the head off me because I didn't have exact change. Sorry man, I didn't realize giving me back four coins and a note was such a horrendous ordeal for me to subject you to, you obnoxious bollocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Arsehole bus drivers who act like selling a ticket is some enormous and unreasonable new imposition on them.

The guy driving the 10am 103 today ate the head off me because I didn't have exact change. Sorry man, I didn't realize giving me back four coins and a note was such a horrendous ordeal for me to subject you to, you obnoxious bollocks.

Report the twat. Won't be so moany when the opposition buses arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I think I will. Honestly, I was just so taken aback by it because it was so fecking disproportionate that I didn't really do anything. But man, if I spoke to a customer the way characteristic of bus drivers here, I'd be disciplined over it.

Urgh, what a toolbag.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

keith16 wrote: »
    I'm sorry but 90% of people on tills are just as ignorant, and they're not even on the phone.

Rubbish!! Customer can always complain to management about rude staff, or take business elsewhere,

One of the biggest crimes against humanity is people coming to a counter/till to be served and remaining on the phone. Its the fuucken pits

• Advertisement

Oops69 wrote: »
    Guys in my gym who have to dry their flip- flops with the hair dryer for five minutes !' Wtf ???, .....they tend not to be offended by my sympathetic , "god bless him" looks , a sign of true simpletons !

Please don't mention the other bits they also dry with the hair dryer !

Cant resist, I saw a guy, standing talking to his mate, while drying his pubes. Without stating ALL of the reasons why one should not do this, I tried to point out the error of his ways. The sad bit is he seemed to think it was the most natural thing in the world.....the filthy ****.

Sorry, I should point out, this was in a dressing room of local gym/pool

I absolutely hate it when people come up to the till in work and are talking away on their phone at the same time ignoring me completely, not even acknowledging my existence. I would never ever do that if I was in a shop, I think it's so incredibly rude. If the phone rings when the person is at the till then that's fair enough, but otherwise....gtfo.

Dunno how I missed this one. I hate that **** with such a passion. It drives me nuts. Absolute height of ignorance. I mean, if, for example you were with a doctor and your phone rings, do you do that put index finger in air thing, and take the call? I don't think so. Sure there are times when you HAVE to take a call,when that kidney you are waiting on has arrived or whatever, but at least excuse yourself and don't treat the counter staff like they are invisible.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Dunno how I missed this one. I hate that **** with such a passion. It drives me nuts. Absolute height of ignorance. I mean, if, for example you were with a doctor and your phone rings, do you do that put index finger in air thing, and take the call? I don't think so. Sure there are times when you HAVE to take a call,when that kidney you are waiting on has arrived or whatever, but at least excuse yourself and don't treat the counter staff like they are invisible.

The thing is customers who use their phones while being served at checkout, would probably give out if the person serving them was on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Are the very customers who are not concentrating and blame you for their mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I hate people who constantly agree with you as you speak to them.

Me: "So, just last week I was..."
    Them: "Yeah"
    Me: "..I was driving along..."
    Them: "Uh-huh"
    Me: "...along the M50..."
    Me: "...and..."
    Them: "Mmm-hmm"
    Me: "...I..."
    Me: "...ah forget it"

If I wanted someone to speak commentary like this, I'd sing a duet with Wyclef Jean

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

One time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

That phone thing used to drive me mad when I worked in retail. I worked in argos, and would not take the slip off the customer until they (usually a she) got off the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I used to sit there as well,wouldnt put shopping through.So rude.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 27 SamaraCreamed

Upstarts on my fingers
    When I have to hold a huge fart when in the company of others and it hurts
    When the seat belt stops me from leaning forward(to look) at a crossroads
    When my nails are too long
    When people mis-pronounce 'un' as 'on'. As in, "I walked onder the bridge.. It's onhealthy to eat, etc"
    The awkwardness of having to tell someone that their earphones are too loud when studying in the library
    When I've just finished washing my hands after taking a dump and then I realise I have to take another one

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

waiting 5 seconds to skip an advert for a video on youtube - I swear those seconds are longer than the standard second

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement