Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

American's who don't know where Europe is.

American's who can't locate America on a map.

Apostrophes used to pluralise.

Dubl07 wrote: »
    Apostrophes used to pluralise.
    Grammar Nazis :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

People who refer to "customers" as "clients" in a bid to make their job sound more important.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

"Would you..." threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

Grammar pedants who have way too much free time on their hands.:)

How it always starts to rain, whenever you have to do some job outside or you want to fire up the old barbie, that's the barbeque not the cougar who lives next door.

No soap in dispensers in public jacks.

One piece of toilet paper left remaining their when using said public jacks.

Feckers who urinate on the toilet floor in public jacks. Someone should take them outside the building and let them urinate as much as they want with the other animals tied up out there.

Farmers who make amorous eyes at you while attending cattle marts. It's alright if they are female farmers but the men..... oooohhhh I'm getting flashbacks to Pulp Fiction.

Spoiled little brats (accompanied by their parents, Ann Marie and Declan, there's an Ann Marie and Declan living in every feckin town and village from Donegal to Cork) knocking on your door on Halloween night, demanding you give him or her something better than sweets or chocolate bars.

Tv chefs, did I say that before?

Every place that closes at 5pm instead of 5.30pm.

Computer cables. How do we end up with so many of them? They are everywhere, I think they must be breeding when we go to sleep.

Your work colleague who never has any money on him or her when we go out on a Friday or Saturday night to buy a round. They always have some excuse as to why they are broke.... but hold on a moment, you just got EMT into your bank account the same time as us, you tight fisted b**t**d.

• Advertisement

DeanAustin wrote: »
    People who refer to "customers" as "clients" in a bid to make their job sound more important.

This has happened to me recently in regard to the Department of Social Protection. Is it to make them seem all fluffy and cuddly now?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

Not being able to get just €10 out of the majority of ATMs. Once got two fivers out of an ATM in Germany. :pac:

Oh Lord how this annoys me.

pajor wrote: »
    Not being able to get just €10 out of the majority of ATMs. Once got two fivers out of an ATM in Germany. :pac:

Oh Lord how this annoys me.
    Just a tenner, that's an expensive way of getting money at 70 cents a pop.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

Just a tenner, that's an expensive way of getting money at 70 cents a pop.

Not if your bank doesn't charge you. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

ur man from the quote devil ads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Online dating, Smooch: 'Someone finds you smoochable' so you go to check and there is three or four women often with no photos of themselves who you have to guess finds you smoochable. Bugger off, JUST tell me which actual one finds me smoochable otherwise don't waste my time :mad:

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Online dating, Smooch: 'Someone finds you smoochable' so you go to check and there is three or four women often with no photos of themselves who you have to guess finds you smoochable. Bugger off, JUST tell me which actual one finds me smoochable otherwise don't waste my time :mad:

If they've no pics they're dogs anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Online dating, full stop.

Get out in the real world and make an effort!

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Gamayun

Fully sealed pistachio nuts :mad:

I've paid for you and I will eat your insides, oh yes, oh yes indeed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

A trivial thing that annoys is the adverts.ie ad that appears on this page (scroll down).
    It's the one of a fella with a red t-shirt and who ends up with his face burnt.
    Stupid looking twat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

One I've noticed recently (not sure whether it's just started happening, or whether I've just started to notice it) is websites that lull you into a false sense of having completing loading, tempt you into a click on a link and then bang, add in another bit at the top moving the whole lot downwards so instead of getting the football scores you end up with an article on transgender issues in Albania or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

'Friends' who constantly make you feel worthless

• Registered Users Posts: 8,307 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Schizophrenics':mad:

Just who the fook do they think they are?

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

People that consider Justin Bieber as music.

People that consider Justin Bieber..................

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

them poker ads coming up when my pants are my ankles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Going on to youtube and seeing "Justin Bieber brought me here" or people figting about "real music" - "Justin Bieber is not real music" etc (I mena, he's not but why have the same fight all the time? Its up there with Susan Boyle and I Dreamed a Dream. No she's not as good as Ruthie Henshall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Going on to youtube and seeing "Justin Bieber brought me here" or people figting about "real music" - "Justin Bieber is not real music" etc (I mena, he's not but why have the same fight all the time? Its up there with Susan Boyle and I Dreamed a Dream. No she's not as good as Ruthie Henshall.

Post needs more Bus! :p

Women only do that because they think it turns a guy on. Secretly we don't like giving blowjobs at all but we do because we think we have to please our menfolk.....at least until the wedding anyway :)

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo! Say it aint so:D

'Friends' who constantly make you feel worthless

Do tell:D

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Post needs more Bus! :p

I walked in today...I feel a void in my life that can only be filled by a good annoying trip on the peasant wagon :D

dcmm wrote: »
    Dog farts.

Silent and deadly.

Had to try hard to dreg up a bus one. Czarcasm this one is especially for you:P... When you want to sit down but the person on the inside seat is taking up more than their fare share (see what I did there ;)) with a couple of inches of their coat spilling over onto "your" side. Do you sit on it or say excuse me or try to push it back towards them (which sometimes scares people) - it's maddening. Invariably if you do sit on it, they will feel the tug and then glare at you anyway and there's the awkward sit-half stand-sit again maneouvre. Also, people who inadvertently catch a few of your hairs when they grab the bar behind - makes me want to shriek in pain and scare the bejaysis out of them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Low fat milk. It doesn't taste the same.

• Advertisement

Buses (:pac:) that dump their load of tourists stright onto a narrow, busy city centre footpath. Cue lots of confused blobbies just bumbling around the path looking up at the sky and getting in other people's way.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement