Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

The ads on buses telling me how much I can save by taking public transport. Bloody rich since they are putting the price of tickets up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

Middle aged men who wear cropped trousers. Just because your girlfriend or partner wears them, that doesn't mean you have to wear them aswell dude, like WTF?

Middle aged men who wear white socks and sandals.

Middle aged men who wear shirts that are two sizes too small and their beer gut is hanging out below for everyone to see.

Anyone who wears a baseball cap at a jaunty angle. Baseball caps are only meant to be worn by joy riders on their way into or out of a court appearance.

Best before dates on food.

Farmers who spread 'fertilizer' on their fields on a hot summer day and the smell for it is rank when it gets inside your house. You've left the windows open to let air in and this comes along, fook it's like being attacked by mustard gas.

Tokens on milk cartons. You've seen them, collect 500 of these and we'll give you a sports bag for free. GTFO here, for free? And then they have the brass neck to ask you for $19.99 to cover postage. What a rip off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Buses (:pac:) that dump their load of tourists stright onto a narrow, busy city centre footpath. Cue lots of confused blobbies just bumbling around the path looking up at the sky and getting in other people's way.

And on that note, did everyone have a nice weekend? do anything nice? go anywhere special?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    And on that note, did everyone have a nice weekend? do anything nice? go anywhere special?:)

Must... not... KILL!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

The ads on buses telling me how much I can save by taking public transport. Bloody rich since they are putting the price of tickets up.

Ads on buses promoting public transport? That sounds like preaching to the already converted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭canadianwoman

Silent and deadly.

So true. My dog can clear a room. :(

Middle aged men who wear shirts that are two sizes too small and their beer gut is hanging out below for everyone to see.

I am sure there is already a name on this but I generally refer to it as 'an apron of fat'. I think it is rather suitable.

Meh. No and No. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

Non-Guinness products not being sold at Jazz Festival

Don't like Diageo telling me what to drink at a venue.:mad:

I am sure there is already a name on this but I generally refer to it as 'an apron of fat'. I think it is rather suitable.

I prefer to consider myself to have a "robust build";)
    While out one evening at a bar, a lady (pointing at my midsection) asked "what caused that, Guiness or Carsberg", I said "well if you really want know, there a tap underneath...."

• Advertisement

While out one evening at a bar, a lady (pointing at my midsection) asked "what caused that, Guiness or Carsberg", I said "well if you really want know, there a tap underneath...."

And I thought you were female. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

Larianne wrote: »
    Overweight people spilling over into your seat on a bus/plane.

They should have to sit beside other overweight people so they can feel how uncomfortable it is. :mad:

Don't forget chubsters shamelessly nudging your arm off the armrest when they sink in!

As long as the robustness is contained within clothes. The apron of fat refers more to when someone's sagging fat stomach drips out of their clothes and is freely swinging around their crotch.

Also sick to death of men showing of their boxers in public. Was being served food recently and the waiter was flashing his calvin kleins around. Really annoys me.

Had to try hard to dreg up a bus one.
    . Also, people who inadvertently catch a few of your hairs when they grab the bar behind - makes me want to shriek in pain and scare the bejaysis out of them :D

Head hair or underarm hair?:rolleyes:

...Was being served food recently and the waiter was flashing his calvin kleins around. Really annoys me.

Any waiter attempting to serve me in his underwear will receive a rather sternly-worded letter of complaint! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Meh. No and No. :(

Eugh even now when you say "no" the fuuckers have an answer - "oh...the best kind" - fuuck oooooooofff!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

And I thought you were female. :D

(S)he always tries to confuse us with ambiguity :D

(S)he always tries to confuse us with ambiguity :D

I nearly tripped on my dick laughing at that:D

Now, only a man would lie about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Middle aged men who wear cropped trousers. Just because your girlfriend or partner wears them, that doesn't mean you have to wear them aswell dude, like WTF?

Middle aged men who wear white socks and sandals.

Anyone who wears a baseball cap at a jaunty angle. Baseball caps are only meant to be worn by joy riders on their way into or out of a court appearance.

Best before dates on food.

Farmers who spread 'fertilizer' on their fields on a hot summer day and the smell for it is rank when it gets inside your house. You've left the windows open to let air in and this comes along, fook it's like being attacked by mustard gas.

Tokens on milk cartons. You've seen them, collect 500 of these and we'll give you a sports bag for free. GTFO here, for free? And then they have the brass neck to ask you for $19.99 to cover postage. What a rip off.

Are you stuck in a 1987 time warp? :P

If you find any of them kellogs wheel spoke clip on lights for the bike can I have them? :)

I prefer to think of it as an impact crumple-zone. :D

• Advertisement

jimgoose wrote: »
    I prefer to think of it as an impact crumple-zone. :D

I think of them as a hindrance, often getting in the way of a good Cowgirl session. :)

I think of them as a hindrance, often getting in the way of a good Cowgirl session. :)

Nah, just slap that belly and ride them waves:D

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭clareames

I just opened by bag of Tayto and they are bloody soft! damn!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Nah, just slap that belly and ride them waves:D

It would definitely get in the way of a good reverse cowgirl session :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

clareames wrote: »
    I just opened by bag of Tayto and they are bloody soft! damn!!

Ahh Tayto haven't been good for a long time now, but of course with Christmas just around the corner their "20 bags in a box" will sell out like the USA tins of biscuits...

Some traditions really annoy me, like buying big fcuk off presents for each other! I'd much rather the Dutch way of doing things where they give each other hand crafted presents. OK so I'm useless at hand crafts, but I'm sure I could come up with something thoughtful! The whole point of course is the effort, not just picking up the first thing you see in BT!

I think I'll make a Christmas list this year of things I DON'T want for Christmas -

NO jocks
    NO socks
    NO deodorant sets
    NOTHING that requires batteries or a plug (*snigger*, sorry, filthy mind, couldn't help myself, I mean gadgets, ok! :o)

Hmm, box of juicy jellies, ok we can keep those, let's not completely lose the run of ourselves :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Ahh Tayto haven't been good for a long time now, but of course with Christmas just around the corner their "20 bags in a box" will sell out like the USA tins of biscuits...

Some traditions really annoy me, like buying big fcuk off presents for each other! I'd much rather the Dutch way of doing things where they give each other hand crafted presents. OK so I'm useless at hand crafts, but I'm sure I could come up with something thoughtful! The whole point of course is the effort, not just picking up the first thing you see in BT!

I think I'll make a Christmas list this year of things I DON'T want for Christmas -

NO jocks
    NO socks
    NO deodorant sets
    NOTHING that requires batteries or a plug (*snigger*, sorry, filthy mind, couldn't help myself, I mean gadgets, ok! :o)

Hmm, box of juicy jellies, ok we can keep those, let's not completely lose the run of ourselves :D

think I am the opposite- would much prefer to get socks and jocks for xmas. Means I dont have to go to that zoo called penneys for anything anyway!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Jester252 wrote: »
    Low fat milk. It doesn't taste the same.

And that stuff in the pink carton. It's not f**king milk. It's white water.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Had to try hard to dreg up a bus one. Czarcasm this one is especially for you:P... When you want to sit down but the person on the inside seat is taking up more than their fare share (see what I did there ;)) with a couple of inches of their coat spilling over onto "your" side. Do you sit on it or say excuse me or try to push it back towards them (which sometimes scares people) - it's maddening. Invariably if you do sit on it, they will feel the tug and then glare at you anyway and there's the awkward sit-half stand-sit again maneouvre. Also, people who inadvertently catch a few of your hairs when they grab the bar behind - makes me want to shriek in pain and scare the bejaysis out of them :D

This is a bus one that you have kinda covered here and may have covered earlier in the thread.

Those [EMAIL="b@stards"]b@stards[/EMAIL] who sit in the middle of the seat making themselves as big as possible so you can't sit next to them. I call that "doing a Schmeichel". Shower of cnuts. Especially on the busy routes where you know the bus will fill up anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

I was behind an aul wan in the post office earlier, and the guy asked her name, she says "Ryan, that's R Y A N" . I had to bite my tongue, I felt saying "What, no K or Z "

Oh just remembered, woman named Linda, who spell it with a Y, and remind you of it every chance they get.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement