Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭ruthloss

People who leave zillions of half full glasses of water everywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

DeanAustin wrote: »
    This is a bus one that you have kinda covered here and may have covered earlier in the thread.

Those b@stards who sit in the middle of the seat making themselves as big as possible so you can't sit next to them. I call that "doing a Schmeichel". Shower of cnuts. Especially on the busy routes where you know the bus will fill up anyway.

Hate them too, though I do delight in getting them to move their fat ásses. If they are particularly heaving or sweaty or mouldy I wont though :eek: Baffling how many people have bad hygiene and let themselves go to sh1t. Mouldy clothes, flight socks (a personal super annoyance), damp smelling scoundrels.

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I was behind an aul wan in the post office earlier, and the guy asked her name, she says "Ryan, that's R Y A N" . I had to bite my tongue, I felt saying "What, no K or Z "

Oh just remembered, woman named Linda, who spell it with a Y, and remind you of it every chance they get.

The K is silent :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Hate them too, though I do delight in getting them to move their fat ásses. If they are particularly heaving or sweaty or mouldy I wont though :eek: Baffling how many people have bad hygiene and let themselves go to sh1t. Mouldy clothes, flight socks (a personal super annoyance), damp smelling scoundrels.

Manky bastards, then they get off the bus before you, along comes some pretty young thing, sits beside you...............and then starts to gag, and looks at you like you crapped yourself.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

was once on a bus eireann bus and this rotten "human being" blew his nose- some of it landed on my neck.......i hate buses!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭I am pie

keano2012 wrote: »
    was once on a bus eireann bus and this rotten "human being" blew his nose- some of it landed on my neck.......i hate buses!

Worse, flew on Air France Paris to Dublin, some guy was sneezing violently (in the seat behind me on the other side of the plane) when his weapon of a wife give him a volley of le dogs abuse...to avoid her ire he lent forward and started sneezing sans hanky into the aisle. Not a single attempt to block any of it, didn't care where his snotty flu saliva went. I felt a good splash of frenchy flu droplets landing on the side of my face. Horrendous. Turned round to ask him what he was doing, ignored me and did the nose in the air, i don't care routine.

Spent the next week with a rotten flu. Rotten uneducated cnts on public transport have a special spot in hell reserved for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

That poxy Irish water ad. Its as if they designed it to be condescending. Ah shure we're only charging you for your own good. Run along dere like a good chap.

That poxy Irish water ad. Its as if they designed it to be condescending. Ah shure we're only charging you for your own good. Run along dere like a good chap.

Yes and then this niggly little voice inside keeps whispering, "cryptosporidiuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

incredibly attractive women, everytime i watch them "strutt their stuff" i always have the sudden realisation i dont have a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

incredibly attractive women, everytime i watch them "strutt their stuff" i always have the sudden realisation i dont have a chance.

Not with that attitude, you don't! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

jimgoose wrote: »
    Not with that attitude, you don't! ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VrFV5r8cs0

Lucena wrote: »

Limitations are for alloys and crappy software! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

Are you stuck in a 1987 time warp? :P

If you find any of them kellogs wheel spoke clip on lights for the bike can I have them? :)

Lol, it feels like it. Us 'country' folks are still gettin them thar tokens on milk cartons, y'all.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,032 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

ruthloss wrote: »
    People who leave zillions of half full glasses of water everywhere.

even worse when its milk. that stuff just cakes onto glasses :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭Paulie Gualtieri

yer man on twotube , nails on a blackboard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

The amount of young kids running around my local shopping mall is annoying the Hell out of me. They're everywhere, often seemingly unaccompanied by adults. The irony is that if there were some report on Facebook about possible paedophiles in a van being seen locally, these parents would keep their children where they can keep an eye on them and would be the very same people who criticise others for not supervising their kids. In the meantime however, out of sight out of mind. 9 or 10 year olds have no business roaming around shopping centres without supervision.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Getting a blister on my big toe the first day I use my "guaranteed no blister " 12 Euro a pair running socks !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

::DPeople who take buses moaning about how horrible they're fellow passengers are , look as the inbetweeners shouted you're all just 'bus w***ers';)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

People with nothing to complain about complaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,992 ✭✭✭✭bnt

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

Duck Face.

That never bothered me before now ill see it everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Non-Guinness products not being sold at Jazz Festival

Don't like Diageo telling me what to drink at a venue.:mad:

Couldn't agree more, one of the only things that bugs me about Irish music festivals, Heineken and Bavaria. I remember you could get Guinness at the Electric Picnic in 2007 but it all changed in 2008. Of course I like Guinness so its the same argument for yourself not been able to get anything but Guinness, whatever drinks companies gets the sponsorship. Heineken= music camping festivals :mad:

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Oops69 wrote: »
    ::DPeople who take buses moaning about how horrible they're fellow passengers are , look as the inbetweeners shouted you're all just 'bus w***ers';)

Horrible fellow passengers. Moan. Moan. Moan. Rabble Rabble. :P

People who complain about other people's trivial complaints - they're trivial! That's the point! :D

People (mostly on advertisements) who refuse the put "th"/"nd" after a date. For example, "Sale starts October fifteen" :(:( Fuucking annoying as hell. :mad: It doesn't make you sound cool, it just makes you sound like you can't speak the English language properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

bnt wrote: »

Serious question, how did it originate and why? It isn't attractive or anything, is there a joke I'm missing?

keano2012 wrote: »
    think I am the opposite- would much prefer to get socks and jocks for xmas. Means I dont have to go to that zoo called penneys for anything anyway!!

Yeah, and in Penneys you are really only paying for then name and quality:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Serious question, how did it originate and why? It isn't attractive or anything, is there a joke I'm missing?

I blame Zoolander.

I'm guilty of an ironic blue steel every now and again though, so I can't really say anything :pac:

Probably from anorexic supermodel-types trying to look like they have "full", kissable lips. The same sort of bizarre school of thought presumably that considers that weird, stomping, one-foot-directly-in-front-of-the-other walk they use on the catwalk attractive.

If one more asshole tells me I forgot to put my clock back!! I didn't forget, I just cannot be bothered (also it annoys people). I mean its not a major maths calculation to figure it out, its ONE hour fast.....i.e. if the clock says 10.45, it is really 09.45.....fuucken simple as.

And just now, there is a bint on the Ray Arsey show ( I know I know) banging on about the "correct" way to raise a baby. FFS, how the human race has survived so far beggars belief.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

jimgoose wrote: »
    Probably from anorexic supermodel-types trying to look like they have "full", kissable lips. The same sort of bizarre school of thought presumably that considers that weird, stomping, one-foot-directly-in-front-of-the-other walk they use on the catwalk attractive.

I hate your one Trish on LOVE/HATE because of her constant duck face.....That and her inability to act her way out of a paper bag.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement