Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    If one more asshole tells me I forgot to put my clock back!! I didn't forget, I just cannot be bothered (also it annoys people). I mean its not a major maths calculation to figure it out, its ONE hour fast.....i.e. if the clock says 10.45, it is really 09.45.....fuucken simple as.

And just now, there is a bint on the Ray Arsey show ( I know I know) banging on about the "correct" way to raise a baby. FFS, how the human race has survived so far beggars belief.

It drives my missus mad that I never adjust the clock in my car. She doesn't get that subtracting 1 from a number between 1 and 24 is something that is not beyond me despite only having 10 fingers and 10 toes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

People who have a ringtone for a text message....it's a fooking text..cudnt be that important.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

coffee shops/ cafés that expect customers to go to the counter to order

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I hate your one Trish on LOVE/HATE because of her constant duck face.....That and her inability to act her way out of a paper bag.

The dentist and his ex wife are pretty bad actors also. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Gamayun

annascott wrote: »

I don't mind ordering at the counter but in Costa they don't even bring your order to your table, you have to get it at the counter, so it's more of a fast food system than a café one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Wnter

When the water filter jug is empty and I have to re-fill it.
    Why is that such an annoying thing? No idea, but I generally leave a little water in it, and pop it back in the fridge in hope that someone else will fill it.
    What's wrong with me??? :[

• Registered Users Posts: 16,623 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Films set in a non English-speaking country but the film is made in English. It's even worse when there is some of the actual language in the background at times, and the worst of all is when they speak English with a foreign accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Suckler

osarusan wrote: »
    Films set in a non English-speaking country but the film is made in English. It's even worse when there is some of the actual language in the background at times, and the worst of all is when they speak English with a foreign accent.

Try watching Enemy At The Gates with this in mind. English accents mixed with blatantly fake Russian accents, American accents that are meant to be German. Torture.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

One measly tiny piece of ham on my sandwich. F*ck you canteen lady :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Gamayun wrote: »
    I don't mind ordering at the counter but in Costa they don't even bring your order to your table, you have to get it at the counter, so it's more of a fast food system than a café one.

You could go somewhere else........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

annascott wrote: »
    Going into an unfamiliar non branded cafe and hovering around for a minute not knowing whether to order at the counter or the table or if you should wait for a waitress to get you a table , then you ask and the waitress says ' just take a seat and someone will take your order ' ,makes you feel like either a clueless moron with no social skills or a bold boy or both while everyone else in the cafe is throwing they're eyes to heaven and you know they're thinking "what a sap"

Oops69 wrote: »
    Going into an unfamiliar non branded cafe and hovering around for a minute not knowing whether to order at the counter or the table or if you should wait for a waitress to get you a table , then you ask and the waitress says ' just take a seat and someone will take your order ' ,makes you feel like either a clueless moron with no social skills or a bold boy or both while everyone else in the cafe is throwing they're eyes to heaven and you know they're thinking "what a sap"

Especially when you discover you are actually in Specsavers:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

One measly tiny piece of ham on my sandwich. F*ck you canteen lady :rolleyes:
    Ham on you're bread! I'd be happy to get a bit of beef dripping on me bit of bread, sure he'll be looking for oranges and balloons in his sock for Christmas next

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Ham on you're bread! I'd be happy to get a bit of beef dripping on me bit of bread, sure he'll be looking for oranges and balloons in his sock for Christmas next

Snobs! closest we got to a ham sandwich was rubbing a bit of week old bread on a sweaty pig.....and don't start me about Xmas and that fat beardy amnesiac bastard, my Da said he used to forget where our house was.

Snobs! closest we got to a ham sandwich was rubbing a bit of week old bread on a sweaty pig.....and don't start me about Xmas and that fat beardy amnesiac bastard, my Da said he used to forget where our house was.

That's an awful stereotype. Tsk, tsk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

Low carrying umbrellas. People with them seem to gravitate towards me to take my eyes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

Low carrying umbrellas. People with them seem to gravitate towards me to take my eyes out.

Umbrellas in general. Cheap ones that break if you so much as breath on them or those expensive ones, i bet they break just as easily. People who walk along a crowded street with an umbrella up and couldn't give a rat's ass as to who they poke with the sides of it.

Young female feckers who walk three abreast on the pavement, will they move in to let you past, will they fook. Had a few shoulder contacts recently, luckily I played football and rugby in my younger days so no biggie, hope if fookin hurt, you young fecker.

Apartment managers:mad:, landlords, landladies, estate agents the whole feckin lot of you. In fact any fooker who owns piss pot poor property where I live I hope you're reading this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

My bank. I bring in coins every so often and even though I count them twice, occasionally I've been a penny out. The amount they charge me over they years and yet they can't round it to a pound :rolleyes:

Nudists, don't get me wrong, I am all for whatever in the privacy of your own home etc, but going on holidays in the nip? You see them on telly, not content to just sit on the beach, they are up playing volleyball, cycling (arsey saddle yuk) BBQ, bending over FFS

• Advertisement

Nudists, don't get me wrong, I am all for whatever in the privacy of your own home etc, but going on holidays in the nip? You see them on telly, not content to just sit on the beach, they are up playing volleyball, cycling (arsey saddle yuk) BBQ, bending over FFS

Do you mean unattractive nudists? You should try finding a better class establishment to hang out at :pac:

It's perfectly natural. It's not meant to be titilating. I wouldn't be up for the bike riding but we've often stripped off in far flung places.

I'd be happy to get a bit of beef dripping on me

Fnar, fnar!

old hippy wrote: »
    It's perfectly natural. It's not meant to be titilating. I wouldn't be up for the bike riding but we've often stripped off in far flung places.

Says you with the factor 50:)

Says you with the factor 50:)

Yes, I do have to lather up before I go skyclad :D

Mollycoddlers.

We have to be protected from every fookin thing these days, like wrapped up in cotton wool or bubble wrap the minute we are born.

While growing up in the 1970's how did we manage without, railings, barriers, guard rails, traffic lights, pedestrian crossings, signs telling us every which way to go, walk don't walk.

Also every fookin thing we eat or drink now has been anal ysed to death. one day something is good for you and the next day some Dr Bunsen Honeydew is telling you on the radio or tv, it is slowly killing you.

And have you seen the yokes in the pavements now with the bumps on them to let people with partial sight or who are blind know they are near the edge of the pavement. How did partially or blind people manage 30 or 40 years ago? And they cut the fookin feet of you too when you walk on them.

You have wear a seatbelt now even when taking a piss in a public jacks now. These seat belt signs are everywhere, I think I'll get some for my house so when people call round to visit I can strap them into the sofa or arm chairs, wouldn't want them hurting themselves.... FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Mollycoddlers.

We have to be protected from everything fookin thing these days, like wrapped up in cotton wool or bubble wrap the minute we are born.

While growing up in the 1970's how did we manage without, railings, barriers, guard rails, traffic lights, pedestrian crossings, signs telling us every which way to go, walk don't walk.

Everything fookin thing we eat or drink now has been anal ysed to death. one day something is good for you and the next day some Dr Bunsen Honeydew is telling you on the radio or tv, it is slowly killing you.

And have you seen the yokes in the pavements now with the bumps on them to let people with partial sight or who are blind know they are near the edge of the pavement. How did partially or blind people manage 30 or 40 years ago? And they cut the fookin feet of you too when you walk on them.

You have wear a seatbelt now even when taking a piss in a public jacks now. These seat belt signs are everywhere, I think I'll get some for my house so when people call round to visit I can strap them into the sofa or arm chairs, wouldn't want them hurting themselves.... FFS

Dead f**king right. We're afraid of everything these days.

Jesus my missus thinks the little fella is made of glass and if he cries it's the worst thing in the world. I know her's is a natural reaction but you can't protect kids from everything and sometimes it's good for them to learn a lesson for themselves and understand why they shouldn't do something - not just be told not to do it.

Mollycoddlers.

We have to be protected from every fookin thing these days, like wrapped up in cotton wool or bubble wrap the minute we are born.

Also every fookin thing we eat or drink now has been anal ysed to death. one day something is good for you and the next day some Dr Bunsen Honeydew is telling you on the radio or tv, it is slowly killing you.

Oh I know, I know. Step free access to trains, that's another one. Sure wasn't it grand when wheelchair users stayed at home instead of having to travel to work and taking up space, don't get me started, Joe :D

old hippy wrote: »
    Oh I know, I know. Step free access to trains, that's another one. Sure wasn't it grand when wheelchair users stayed at home instead of having to travel to work and taking up space, don't get me started, Joe :D

You've got trains???? Last seen in the Northwest 60 fookin years ago, we wouldn't know what a train looked like even if it hit us.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭canadianwoman

Waiting for someone to reply to the email I sent him a week ago. :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement