Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

Waiting for someone to reply to the email I sent him a week ago. :mad:

Waiting for someone to reply to an email I sent him 2, yes 2, weeks ago. Can anyone beat 2 weeks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭canadianwoman

This post has been deleted.

That would beat it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭ulinbac

Getting in the lift in the morning or coming back from lunch. Waiting for a min or two, then one of the other people hit the buttion for the 1ST FLOOR!!

It's like, you would have been there quicker walking you lazy git and you are just holding the rest of us up!!

Before it is said, I usually walk down from my floor (6th) and walk up 2/3 times a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

That would beat it. :)

Message in a bottle?

• Advertisement

Message in a bottle?

You going to send me one? :)

• Site Banned Posts: 257 ✭✭Driveby Dogboy

actually got a reply to an e-mail there last month, had been waiting just over 9 years..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Mollycoddlers.

And have you seen the yokes in the pavements now with the bumps on them to let people with partial sight or who are blind know they are near the edge of the pavement. How did partially or blind people manage 30 or 40 years ago? And they cut the fookin feet of you too when you walk on them.

The metal ones are trying to kill you when its wet. I have to walk carefully over them, a blind person would probably just slip and fall into the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

4 nights a week my neighbours lodger puts on the tv in his bedroom at a ridiculous volume for at least an hour after 10, cnut must be deaf:mad: We can tell what he's watching from our living room, you could mute the volume on our tv and listen to his tv:mad: I'm feeling homicidal now

4 nights a week my neighbours lodger puts on the tv in his bedroom at a ridiculous volume for at least an hour after 10, cnut must be deaf:mad: We can tell what he's watching from our living room, you could mute the volume on our tv and listen to his tv:mad: I'm feeling homicidal now
    Revenge! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Initially read that as "4 nights a week my neighbours todger..."

Then again I'm half asleep myself :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Garzard

People on Facebook who have their employment status as ''Being a full time Mommy''

Garzard wrote: »
    People on Facebook who have their employment status as ''Being a full time Mommy''

Couples who are trying to conceive and say "We are trying to get pregnant." all the frikken time!

Newsflash...... He cannot get pregnant!!

:mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭darlett

Couples who are trying to conceive and say "We are trying to get pregnant." all the frikken time!

Newsflash...... He cannot get pregnant!!

:mad: :mad:

People who are pregnant and declare due date for a date that is about 8 months and 3 and a half weeks away. Shut up. Don't tell me so soon and don't jinx it yourself by telling anyone apart from your partner within 3 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Attention seeking geebags. You can almost guess with certain posters what they're going to post/derail the threads about stuff that would be best left unshared, but where's the attention in not airing all over an Internet forum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

People (usually women in their late 50's) asking cashiers to top up their phones for them. What is that?? Are they lazy? Stupid? Trying to play an overgrown damsal in distress? I was in Tesco yesterday and there was a huge queue of lunchtime customers all held up while this bint with a vomitous paisley coat from her neck to the floor got the poor young fella working on the til to top up her phone for her and then check her balance. Horrible oversized, talcum powdered condescending cougar of a yoke. Only short of pinching his cheek and giving him 20c at the end to run along and buy himself something nice. Fuuuking wanted to kill her...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

when someone cant decide what they want for dinner in a restaurant... and continue a conversation!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

srumball wrote: »
    when someone cant decide what they want for dinner in a restaurant... and continue a conversation!!

My ould wan in a restaurant. Asks everyone else what they're having before she'll decide. Then, she'll start nosing about what people at other tables are eating and very unsubtly start commenting on their food ("Oh that looks nice", "Oh that looks horrible").

She now does it partly just to wind me up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

'We're Aldi Aldi Aldi all the way now.'

Fcuk off Derek Co. Kildare.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Initially read that as "4 nights a week my neighbours todger..."

Then again I'm half asleep myself :o

Your neighbour's todger has it's own TV? Is that D4:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

Sluts having a good aul bitch on public transport, it get me goat it does. Making a big scene about stuff I don't particularly care about. And me having to hear it, with excruciating pain.

Also the vile bitchiness and intense stupidity, not to mind the loikes, OMGs and :O 's, with the fake D4 or pretentious accents.

I know they're entitled to in a free country, but damn, its god damn annoying.

Rasheed wrote: »
    'We're Aldi Aldi Aldi all the way now.'

Fcuk off Derek Co. Kildare.

Its a hauuuuuuuuuge amauwnt of saaaaaaayvings!

Edit: also the "love Ireland, Like Aldi" rubbish they peddle. A more truthful billboard would say, "Fuucking hate Ireland. Shop at Aldi cause I'm fuucking broke".

That stupid ad with the people running with poles etc. Used to really hate the song "I wll never be what you want but thats alright" and now its been replaced by even more annoying "tell me who are you, the centre of the unviverse?" fuuuuuck ooooooof!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    People (usually women in their late 50's) asking cashiers to top up their phones for them. What is that?? Are they lazy? Stupid? Trying to play an overgrown damsal in distress? I was in Tesco yesterday and there was a huge queue of lunchtime customers all held up while this bint with a vomitous paisley coat from her neck to the floor got the poor young fella working on the til to top up her phone for her and then check her balance. Horrible oversized, talcum powdered condescending cougar of a yoke. Only short of pinching his cheek and giving him 20c at the end to run along and buy himself something nice. Fuuuking wanted to kill her...

Lazy idiots, too stubborn to learn anything 'new'. And they usually make sure there's a nice big queue behind them. The more people inconvenienced, the better. It's understandable if they're extremely old or blind, but most of the time they just couldn't be arsed learning how to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

RayM wrote: »
    Lazy idiots, too stubborn to learn anything 'new'. And they usually make sure there's a nice big queue behind them. The more people inconvenienced, the better. It's understandable if they're extremely old or blind, but most of the time they just couldn't be arsed learning how to do it.

and they usually have a 400 quid phone covered in spangly ****, drenched in some poxy perfume that stinks like a combination of rotten seaweed and gone off candy floss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    and they usually have a 400 quid phone covered in spangly ****, drenched in some poxy perfume that stinks like a combination of rotten seaweed and gone off candy floss.

Either that or a Nokia 3210, held together with sellotape... and stinking like a combination of rotten seaweed and gone off candy floss.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

DeanAustin wrote: »
    My ould wan in a restaurant. Asks everyone else what they're having before she'll decide. Then, she'll start nosing about what people at other tables are eating and very unsubtly start commenting on their food ("Oh that looks nice", "Oh that looks horrible").

She now does it partly just to wind me up.

Worse still, I've been to a Chinese restaraunt with the ex's family, the ma makes a big deal about the grandad not eating Chinese food, can he just have some "normal" veg etc. What the f*ck did we come here for in the first place? Are there no other restaraunts we could go to where he wouldn't have any problems with the food? Eh? Eh?!! :rolleyes:

People who go to McDonalds to order a salad and then act all smug.

Why not just go somewhere where they do proper leaves and nuts, dressing etc. Fuucking wilted leaves in a plastic bowl with one cherry tomato on top.:rolleyes:

People who wait til they get to the top to ask their kids what they want.

People who start eating their chips at the counter.

Buses. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

The real time bus/train displays....

They are useless! Totally unreliable. Fcuk you Irish transport

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

beakerjoe wrote: »
    The real time bus/train displays....

They are useless! Totally unreliable. Fcuk you Irish transport

Well maybe if you convinced Leo "the slasher" Varadkar to invest in a proper system, it might work.

All the public transport orgs are doing the best with what they have.

But still you're a brown-nosing prick, with probably not a clue with what goes into a system like that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement