Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

The "I am vegetarian, but I eat fish"................sooooo, you are NOT vegetarian, "Oh I am but I just eat fish as well" oh FUUUCK OFF!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

beakerjoe wrote: »
    The real time bus/train displays....

They are useless! Totally unreliable. Fcuk you Irish transport
    Accurate to the exact minute for me, on the signs at the stop and the apps on my phone, out in Bray or all over the city centre :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Thargor wrote: »
    Accurate to the exact minute for me, on the signs at the stop and the apps on my phone, out in Bray or all over the city centre :confused:

Maybe im just unlucky, Id look up on teh board and it would say 5 mins. In 5 mins the due bus would disappear and not arrive for a while after. Trains aren't so bad in fairness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

Dealing with landlords. Mine are as cheap as hell. When going into the place it needed to be painted and the dryer was to be replaced as it wasn't very good. Now they think the dryer is perfect and the rooms are fine without being painted. They are tighter than a duck's arse in water.

Billy Barry Kids

People who parade the kid out to do a party piece on the new piano ( its not a fuucking piano, its a Casio keyboard!!) and its crap. You meet the parent a couple of weeks later and ask how little Mary is getting on with the "piano", and its "Oh, she gave that up, the teacher was a bitch.............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Billy Barry Kids

People who parade the kid out to do a party piece on the new piano ( its not a fuucking piano, its a Casio keyboard!!) and its crap. You meet the parent a couple of weeks later and ask how little Mary is getting on with the "piano", and its "Oh, she gave that up, the teacher was a bitch.............

"Quite so, Mrs. Fotherington-Smythe - it is indeed quite true that sometimes extremely talented children can initially appear to be as dull as ditchwater and about as interested as a bull looking out over a five-bar gate, but it is also the case that occasionally a child who appears to be as dull as ditchwater and about as interested as a bull looking out over a five-bar gate is in actual fact as dull as ditchwater and about as interested as a bull looking out over a five-bar gate!" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

Billy Barry Kids

Hate them wee fookers with a vengeance. They'll be wheeled out again for the toy sh!te, sorry, toy show on RTE (Rich, Temperamental and Egotistical fooks?). Send them all out to dig ditches or fill in potholes, that would soon wipe the smug grin off their faces.... and as for their parents, 35 years plus hard labour.

Hate them wee fookers with a vengeance. Send them all out to dig ditches or fill in potholes, that would soon wipe the smug grin off their faces.... and as for their parents, 35 years plus hard labour.

Hard labour in a maternity ward;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

Do you know, reading all the trivial annoyances about buses, I feel I'm missing out.

I haven't been on public transport since 2010 (live in the middle of the country and drive everywhere) and I think I'm going to go to Dublin and spend the day on the buses soaking up the atmosphere of the aul wans, scumbags, children etc. Might go on December 8th, buy into the real culchie stereotype.

Pity I've missed Spanish student seasons though, hear they really add to the experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

Rasheed wrote: »
    Do you know, reading all the trivial annoyances about buses, I feel I'm missing out.

I haven't been on public transport since 2010 (live in the middle of the country and drive everywhere) and I think I'm going to go to Dublin and spend the day on the buses soaking up the atmosphere of the aul wans, scumbags, children etc. Might go on December 8th, buy into the real culchie stereotype.

Pity I've missed Spanish student seasons though, hear they really add to the experience.

go'wan rasheed u'll fecking love it! Hopefully a good rainy day and the dart and luas wont work. You wont want to leave Dublin!
    ya spanish student season is probably a highlight- something everyone should experience at least once- sure it will give u a reason to come back in the Summer. :)

• Advertisement

keano2012 wrote: »
    go'wan rasheed u'll fecking love it! Hopefully a good rainy day and the dart and luas wont work. You wont want to leave Dublin!
    ya spanish student season is probably a highlight- something everyone should experience at least once- sure it will give u a reason to come back in the Summer. :)

On a serious note Rashheed..............Howth to Bray on DART, on a sunny day, cant be beaten

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Rasheed wrote: »

I'm organising day tours of Dublin Bus Annoyances now. I meet customers at the bus stop and give them a list of trivial annoyances and then they tick them off the list as they see them. The person with the most ticks wins. After, we all go to the pub and have a bitching session about the trivial annoyances. I even have my bus conductor uniform now :D

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I'm organising day tours of Dublin Bus Annoyances now. I meet customers at the bus stop and give them a list of trivial annoyances and then they tick them off the list as they see them. The person with the most ticks wins. After, we all go to the pub and have a bitching session about the trivial annoyances. I even have my bus conductor uniform now :D

jimgoose likes this! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I just found out what "twerking" means. I thought it was a new IT-related buzzword.

How wrong I was. :eek:

(I'm glad I'm not one of these people who likes to adopt "fashionable" phrases. I'd end up looking a right tool if I'd used that one.)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Aglomerado wrote: »
    I just found out what "twerking" means. I thought it was a new IT-related buzzword.

How wrong I was. :eek:

(I'm glad I'm not one of these people who likes to adopt "fashionable" phrases. I'd end up looking a right tool if I'd used that one.)
    Hope you're not too bummed out over its meaning. God awful so it is.

I can see you getting your own cosmetic line, out on time for the Xmas market, ads for perfume called "!Ooh de bangovyerwan";)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I can see you getting your own cosmetic line, out on time for the Xmas market, ads for perfume called "!Ooh de bangovyerwan";)

That would go nicely with my "State of yerwan" tshirt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

jimgoose wrote: »
    jimgoose likes this! :D

You can be my first customer :D Your first task for today is to find an overweight, flight stockinged, sandle sporting aul wan with at least two shopping bags, who will heave herself up onto the bus (extra points if she is carrying a crutch instead of actually using it) and announce to the driver, "Now dont pull off until I sit down". Gold star if she fhlumps down onto the seat and disperses a smog of mildewy, damp, depressing vapor too :o

You can be my first customer :D Your first task for today is to find an overweight, flight stockinged, sandle sporting aul wan with at least two shopping bags, who will heave herself up onto the bus (extra points if she is carrying a crutch instead of actually using it) and announce to the driver, "Now dont pull off until I sit down". Gold star if she fhlumps down onto the seat and disperses a smog of nmildewy, damp, depressing vapor too :o

Oh, the Humanity!! :pac::pac::pac:

Not trivial or annoying, but thought this might raise a snigger. A few years ago, a bit of office banter kinda got out of hand, and one guy who had a habit of getting a little tongue tied when excited, completely loses the plot, flings **** all over the place, and screams this classic (which we never let him forget)at the most verbal of his opponents.

"I HOPE YOUR MOTHER COOKS SOCKS IN HELL"

Everytime I see "The Exorcist" now, I crack up laughing

• Advertisement

Not trivial or annoying, but thought this might raise a snigger. A few years ago, a bit of office banter kinda got out of hand, and one guy who had a habit of getting a little tongue tied when excited, completely loses the plot, flings **** all over the place, and screams this classic (which we never let him forget)at the most verbal of his opponents.

"I HOPE YOUR MOTHER COOKS SOCKS IN HELL"

Everytime I see "The Exorcist" now, I crack up laughing

Id pay to see that.

If I see 'would of' or 'should of' again today, I'll cry.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Drive by postings. You know the sort, someone you've never heard of or interacted with posts some snipey comment at you and then disappears :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭canadianwoman

old hippy wrote: »
    Drive by postings. You know the sort, someone you've never heard of or interacted with posts some snipey comment at you and then disappears :confused:

I just had one of those this morning. :D

old hippy wrote: »

Goddam hippies.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Grief tourists. Those insincere f**kers annoy me a lot.

And on a related note, posting "RIP - so sorry to hear of this death" or some such nonsense on a message board when someone famous dies. Yeah cos Whitney Houston's or Michael Jackson's family will be reading boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭zombiepaw

People who say "Beep Beep", instead of "Excuse Me" like a normal human being.
    Suitcases with wheels on them, If it's too heavy to carry put it in two bags. The noise of them things, and most of the time it's a small enough looking bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

zombiepaw wrote: »
    People who say "Beep Beep", instead of "Excuse Me" like a normal human being.
    Suitcases with wheels on them, If it's too heavy to carry put it in two bags. The noise of them things, and most of the time it's a small enough looking bag.

BEEP BEEP, Vroom Vroom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭canadianwoman

DeanAustin wrote: »
    Grief tourists. Those insincere f**kers annoy me a lot.

And on a related note, posting "RIP - so sorry to hear of this death" or some such nonsense on a message board when someone famous dies. Yeah cos Whitney Houston's or Michael Jackson's family will be reading boards.ie.

People who leave flowers at the spots where someone had died and they never even knew the person when that person was alive in the first place.

• Advertisement

People who leave flowers at the spots where someone had died and they never even knew the person when that person was alive in the first place.

I always assumed they knew the person myself.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement