Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭canadianwoman

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I always assumed they knew the person myself.

If they knew the person then fine, I'm okay with that but if they didn't know the person and just heard what happened via the news or Facebook then bug off already.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

People who leave flowers at the spots where someone had died and they never even knew the person when that person was alive in the first place.

So, for example, leaving flowers or whatever at the spot where John Lennon was shot, is a annoying?

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    So, for example, leaving flowers or whatever at the spot where John Lennon was shot, is a annoying?

A hugely famous celebrity's death is one thing. A random non-famous person is another.

For clarity, I originally meant random non-famous people's deaths.
    I probably should have mentioned that.

Haven't had my cuppa yet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

People who leave flowers at the spots where someone had died and they never even knew the person when that person was alive in the first place.

Garden of Rememberance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

No five items or less checkouts. Whatever happened to them?

Revolving doors that stick and you have to push like fookin superman to try and get it round the full way so you can get into or out of a building... while looking like a complete tit.

Doors with the words PUSH or PULL printed on an A4 size piece of paper, stuck on them. Sandra in the office had nothing better to do all day so she decided to occupy herself by printing dozens of these sings.

Over helpful staff in restaurants. Every 5 feckin minutes, are you ok, is the meal to your liking, would you like to order dessert???? Go away and let us eat our meal and get drunk in peace for fook sake.

A restaurant manager or bar manager who will talk the feckin arse off a donkey if he or she knows the person you are with. Can these people not take a hint, nice knowing you, now scram to see if I can score with this hot doll tonight.;)

Roundabouts. Too many of them.

Traffic lights. Too many of them.

No left turn or no right turn signs. You have to head out the road for 10 miles before you can turn your car around and drive back in again. You have got to be fookin kidding me.:mad:

Not being able to find charged batteries for your tv remote control.... or worse not being able to find the remote anywhere. What happens to tv remotes does a black hole open in your living room and they get swallowed up by it?

• Advertisement

A hugely famous celebrity's death is one thing. A random non-famous person is another.

For clarity, I originally meant random non-famous people's deaths.
    I probably should have mentioned that.

Haven't had my cuppa yet.

All is forgiven:D

old hippy wrote: »
    Garden of Rememberance?

I don't think anyone actually died in there.....:confused:

Garden of Rememberance?

What is that? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

People letting fireworks off during the day. Seriously, what is the point?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

RayM wrote: »

Divilment (think i spelt that right?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Divilment (think i spelt that right?)

Eejitry, more like. They're the expensive-sounding ones too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

zombiepaw wrote: »
    People who say "Beep Beep", instead of "Excuse Me" like a normal human being.
    Suitcases with wheels on them, If it's too heavy to carry put it in two bags. The noise of them things, and most of the time it's a small enough looking bag.

Does anyone do this to people who are older than 3 years? :( I'd laugh in someone's face if they said that to me, or maybe retort with a random farm animal sound or something and say, "oh sorry, I thought we were doing Osborne sound effects?" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

No five items or less checkouts. Whatever happened to them?

Revolving doors that stick and you have to push like fookin superman to try and get it round the full way so you can get into or out of a building... while looking like a complete tit.

Doors with the words PUSH or PULL printed on an A4 size piece of paper, stuck on them. Sandra in the office had nothing better to do all day so she decided to occupy herself by printing dozens of these sings.

Over helpful staff in restaurants. Every 5 feckin minutes, are you ok, is the meal to your liking, would you like to order dessert???? Go away and let us eat our meal and get drunk in peace for fook sake.

A restaurant manager or bar manager who will talk the feckin arse off a donkey if he or she knows the person you are with. Can these people not take a hint, nice knowing you, now scram to see if I can score with this hot doll tonight.;)

Roundabouts. Too many of them.

Traffic lights. Too many of them.

No left turn or no right turn signs. You have to head out the road for 10 miles before you can turn your car around and drive back in again. You have got to be fookin kidding me.:mad:

Not being able to find charged batteries for your tv remote control.... or worse not being able to find the remote anywhere. What happens to tv remotes does a black hole open in your living room and they get swallowed up by it?

Oh thats a Paddlin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

RayM wrote: »

I hate those bloody bangers. I'm glad I don't live in a town where they're going off all the time (I'm very sensitive to loud, sudden noises and liable to jump out of my skin).

If they knew the person then fine, I'm okay with that but if they didn't know the person and just heard what happened via the news or Facebook then bug off already.

Flowers in general on graves annoy me. I just dont see the point. "Here are all the flowers I was too mean to send you when you were alive, even though flowers.ie kept sending me emails with discounts" :eek:

Or, there's a dead body under here, I know, lets put some dead flowers on top to rot along with it.
    Shuffles nervously....:(

Somewhat related, people who type RIP on FB. One question - why?

RIP.....................where exactly?

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Flowers in general on graves annoy me. I just dont see the point. "Here are all the flowers I was too mean to send you when you were alive, even though flowers.ie kept sending me emails with discounts" :eek:

Or, there's a dead body under here, I know, lets put some dead flowers on top to rot along with it.
    Shuffles nervously....:(

Somewhat related, people who type RIP on FB. One question - why?

To remember loved ones, I guess.

People who lean on shopping trolley's and let the shopping trolley take them around the store. Have you ever seen people doing that, get out of da Fookin way you dozy basket case, I came in here to shop, get out and get home, not take part in a remake of Night of The Living Dead.

Sir, can I interest you in an interest free credit card? No you can't now fook off.

Sir, can I interest you in our two for one deal. Oh what's that, I give you one kick up the arse but it feels like two? My foot is a pen and your ass wants my signature, where do I sign?

The Tesco ad. Every little helps. Marty Whelan fook off and stop annoying me.... robbing basket cases.

The Biiiiigggggg Saaaaaaaallllllleeeee. Would someone please put Harvey Knobend on a coffin ship and send him back to Oz.... another annoying basket case.

The male sidekicks every fookin jock on the radio has now.

The giggly forty something female sidekicks every fookin jock on the radio has now.

Boob tubes.... yeah get real would you love.

To remember loved ones, I guess.

But you dont need to type RIP on facebook to remember your loved ones, a platform where you know everyone will see. In any event, most of the facebook RIP-ers are typing about someone they barely know.

• Advertisement

The Skin Care saps on the first floor in the Jervis. Every Time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

When people discuss their bowel habits. Guy in the office frequently will walk off saying he is going to drop the kids in the pool. Makes me throw up in my mouth a little each time he says it.

When people discuss their bowel habits. Guy in the office frequently will walk off saying he is going to drop the kids in the pool. Makes me throw up in my mouth a little each time he says it.

Ah he could say a lot worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

He could also stfu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

What a standard to live by.

The Skin Care saps on the first floor in the Jervis. Every Time!

Them and the GHD wielding terrorists. Fuuck off and leave my hair out of this! :D I'll crimp your fuuckin nether region so I will :D (also on Moore street - "Extensions love" :confused::eek:)

Halloween, I hate it, just an excuse for women to dress up in high heels, short skirts, nurses outfits, French maids outfits, tarts etc.

Actually, come to think of it, I LOVE Halloween

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Halloween, I hate it, just an excuse for women to dress up in high heels, short skirts, nurses outfits, French maids outfits, tarts etc.

Actually, come to think of it, I LOVE Halloween

I'd like to complain about the amount of women who dress up like this every year Joe, it's scandalous, it shouldn't be allowed.

http://trishatruly.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/sexy_french_maid_costumes.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

Parents dressing there kids up as policemen or firemen or pirates etc....what has that got to do with been scary at Halloween?? Make them look like chucky or even a devil or something!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Parents depriving they're kids of Halloween junk treats like haribo ,mini bars etc , because "he goes totally hyper on all the sugar" , no he doesn't , let him get sick , it's part of being a child, the same ones will confiscate the bag of goodies themselves and stuff they're traps after the kids gone to bed and have a resentful obese rebel on they're hands when they hit 13

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement