Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Not trivial or annoying, but thought this might raise a snigger. A few years ago, a bit of office banter kinda got out of hand, and one guy who had a habit of getting a little tongue tied when excited, completely loses the plot, flings **** all over the place, and screams this classic (which we never let him forget)at the most verbal of his opponents.

"I HOPE YOUR MOTHER COOKS SOCKS IN HELL"

Everytime I see "The Exorcist" now, I crack up laughing

Thats actually a lyric in a song by Doctor And The Crippens from the album Fired From The Circus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Hate hate hate not being able to sleep because you've too much to think about, but then you're lying awake, next thing you know, it's 3am, there's nobody awake to talk to or distract you, and you're left alone with your own thoughts, that you've spent the entire day/week trying to avoid, and they just won't stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Well don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭The man in red and black

Craig Doyle with the gimp head on him!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Frack

Taxi drivers on a night like halloween, one fella undertook me at 100kmh coming into donnybrook while another overtook me doing same, racing back into town to pick up more heisenbergs and slut zombies. Bah!

Edit: that's actually not very trivial. I hate it when people post before thinking and then edit the post with some bull****.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

The water being shut off at night. Still hadn't come back by 9:45 this morning. Now sitting in work paranoid that I smell. Which I don't but clearly need a shave.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Thats actually a lyric in a song by Doctor And The Crippens from the album Fired From The Circus.

It is now, since I told the good Doctor that story:D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

When jeans seem dry until you put them on and the crotch and pockets are still damp, grr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Oops69 wrote: »
    Parents depriving they're kids of Halloween junk treats like haribo ,mini bars etc , because "he goes totally hyper on all the sugar" , no he doesn't , let him get sick , it's part of being a child, the same ones will confiscate the bag of goodies themselves and stuff they're traps after the kids gone to bed and have a resentful obese rebel on they're hands when they hit 13
    In keeping with the thread: People using the wrong form of "there/they're/their" and "you're/your".

I do agree with your post though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭shroom007

Hipsters on fixies with tiny handlebars, I swear someday I expect some divvy tocome by me with a toothpick for handlebars,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

shroom007 wrote: »
    Hipsters on fixies with tiny handlebars, I swear someday I expect some divvy tocome by me with a toothpick for handlebars,

whats that? is that one of those tiny kids scooters?

shroom007 wrote: »

WTF? English sil vous plait

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

krudler wrote: »
    When jeans seem dry until you put them on and the crotch and pockets are still damp, grr.

There's a time and a place for damp genitals and it's certainly not after you've put your clothes on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭The Big Smoke

Two girls I work with that can only resemble Oompa Loompas talking about how ugly certain people are.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

USB plugs always seem to be the wrong way around first go.

" I am gonna make something to eat, would you like something?", "oh, I will just have some of yours", "you will in your ****e!!"

chakotha wrote: »
    USB plugs always seem to be the wrong way around first go.

every usb has three possible connections, the first way, the flip and retry, and then back to the first way which then works. three.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    " I am gonna make something to eat, would you like something?", "oh, I will just have some of yours", "you will in your ****e!!"
    You order desert in a restaurant e.g a lovely chocolate fudgy gooey concoction, someone in the group doesn't order a desert because they're " watching the calories you know' haha ha", along comes the loveliness and you can already see the dieters eyes fixating on your desert , you have to offer some , before you know it the spoon keeps coming for repeat helpings and you realise you should just have ordered two desserts , I've decided to get militant about this now , get lost and order your own !

You order desert in a restaurant e.g a lovely chocolate fudgy gooey concoction, someone in the group doesn't order a desert because they're " watching the calories you know' haha ha", along comes the loveliness and you can already see the dieters eyes fixating on your desert , you have to offer some , before you know it the spoon keeps coming for repeat helpings and you realise you should just have ordered two desserts , I've decided to get militant about this now , get lost and order your own !

The same ginnet is probably the very one to whip the calculator when the bill arrives....."desert? me? no, just had the main" and a taste of my starter, a few slugs of my wine, a slurp my coffee and 3/4 of my desert:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

In my head: Smack the coconut off a wall, coconut cracks open. Job done.

Reality: Slapped the coconut off the wall, coconut doesn't fully split, snaps shut again and pinches my finger :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

Czarcasm wrote: »
    In my head: Smack the coconut off a wall, coconut cracks open. Job done.

Reality: Slapped the coconut off the wall, coconut doesn't fully split, snaps shut again and pinches my finger :(

I'm constantly impulse buying coconuts and then letting them rot cos I've absolutely no idea how to open or what to do with them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I'm constantly impulse buying coconuts and then letting them rot cos I've absolutely no idea how to open or what to do with them :D

Mini angle-grinder. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

jimgoose wrote: »
    Mini angle-grinder. :cool:

Aye, as a kid alright my old man was a fitter/turner by trade, so he'd all the tools in his workshop, and we used drill out the holes at the top and then either use a mini angle-grinder or a hacksaw to cut open the top, then chisel out the stuff inside and use the coconuts as containers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Aye, as a kid alright my old man was a fitter/turner by trade, so he'd all the tools in his workshop, and we used drill out the holes at the top and then either use a mini angle-grinder or a hacksaw to cut open the top, then chisel out the stuff inside and use the coconuts as containers :D

Do you still have your blue Peter badge:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭tomdempsey200

not so trivial but

meetings and people telling porkies at them

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Yeah. Mate of mine used to use a tenon saw to slice loaves of bread during his single years. Obviously he's an engineer. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

not so trivial but

meetings and people telling porkies at them

Meetings are a load of sh!te generally. Wherever I've worked:

1. They never start on time
    2. They have no set agenda
    3. Minutes are rarely recorded
    4. People sit around afterwards just talking nonsense

A load of ****.

Or the people who are "watching the calories" yet just ate a huge dinner and had a bottle of wine to themselves, you realise you're drinking calories right?

Do you still have your blue Peter badge:D

I would be surprised if Czarcasm still has his fingers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

Children in queues who start to jump up and down as if in desperate need to urinate. I think it is something to do with female children practising Oirish dance moves. (have yet to see a boy child do it)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement