Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

The way some Americans say "Eye-raq" :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    The way some Americans say "Eye-raq" :(

what about people here who say Eyetalian(s):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Couples bickering in public. I was waiting for a bus this morning and a retired couple, so old enough to know better, arrived with a bank statement bickering about it. Going through every transaction at a busy bus stop and he was calling her stupid. Jeez, keep it indoors, thankfully I'd the ipod with me and didn't have to listen to them on the bus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Oops69 wrote: »
    Parents depriving they're kids of Halloween junk treats like haribo ,mini bars etc , because "he goes totally hyper on all the sugar" , no he doesn't , let him get sick , it's part of being a child, the same ones will confiscate the bag of goodies themselves and stuff they're traps after the kids gone to bed and have a resentful obese rebel on they're hands when they hit 13
    We occassionally used to babysit for a friend of ours, the best part was bringing them a big bottle of coke and some chocolate bars, letting them watch Futurama and leaving them bouncing off the walls when their parents got home, we didn't get asked to babysit very often;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

Sniffy art gallery 'managers' or 'owners' or whatever they are calling themselves these days. They think they are the business and then some.

Gym bunnies and the women are not much better.

Sounds systems shoved into the boot of some young feckers car, I know where I would like to shove that sound system..... boom, boom, boom, boom. He'll be hearing impaired by the time he's 25.

Football coaches who are akin to concentration camp guards. Who feckin died and made you Amon Goeth?

Interior designers and decorators, feck sake, Leonardo DaVinci and Michelangelo have got nothing on these guys. Interior designers/ decorators, my foot wants to decorate the inside of their ass.

Surly revenue officials, feck it's like Night of The Living Dead in their office, have you ever seen them, feckin zombies.

Ardal O Hanlon, funny me arse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

e_e wrote: »
    In keeping with the thread: People using the wrong form of "there/they're/their" and "you're/your".

I do agree with your post though!

Possessive plural punctuation pernicikitiness ! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Oops69 wrote: »
    Possessive plural punctuation pernicikitiness ! ;)

People who use long words to sound intelligent.

Alliteration annoys me too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

People who hate the English but yet are big supporters of Man United/Liverpool :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

Festy wrote: »
    People who hate the English but yet are big supporters of Man United/Liverpool :confused:

Football is an exemption...ud probably know that if u stopped watching fair city!!

keano2012 wrote: »
    Football is an exemption...ud probably know that if u stopped watching fair city!!

Never ceases to amaze me. You could be in a bar, and some guy is going on about "dem bleedin brits" and next thing its " I see our lads (united) beat your lot(city).....:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

I hate when my bread/toast is'nt buttered right out to the edges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

keano2012 wrote: »

Hit a nerve, did I ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

Festy wrote: »
    Hit a nerve, did I ?

No..just everyone knows footie is an exception init like!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

This post has been deleted.

Usually with the "Irish" Star/Mirror or some other rag that is supposed to pass as a newspaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

That clap in unison thing irish people do to a bitta music :confused:

Webpages that won't load. Was on Meteor's site just a while ago and it's like holy fook sake, wanted to tear someone a new one.

Computer errors that don't actually tell you, even in 2013, what the bloody error is. It's all this gobbledegook that apparently only Mikersoft 'technician's' can understand, us mere plebs have to leave it to the big tech heads.

Trying to figure out how to get the staple pages together function to work on the office photocopier...... ohhhhhhh :mad:

Forgetting something five minutes after you've been shown how to do it or told how to do it in work and you stand there like a complete tool kit nodding your head, saying yes when the person asks does everyone know how to do it.

Soggy pizza delivery boxes.

Milk that has just gone off and you have no new milk in the fridge. It's lashing down outside and you want to eat your cereal, and you sit there eating it through gritted teeth wanting to be sick after every mouthful. That really grinds my gears big time.

Phone shop 'managers'.

Weekend staff who work in phone shops. There's only 2 of them and there's a bloody queue a mile long outside the door. There's usually some bint standing at the counter being shown how to do everything on her new €600 phone, who the fook needs a phone costing 600 spondooliks anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Mint Aero wrote: »
    That clap in unison thing irish people do to a bitta music :confused:

or people in pubs who shush others so someone can let out some dreary song about shpuds and the english, and it's not even a proper music session, fcuk off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

aujopimur wrote: »
    I hate when my bread/toast is'nt buttered right out to the edges.

Cold toast.

Cold, unspreadable butter.

Microwaved eggs passed off as poached.

If I wasn't so crap at poaching eggs then I wouldn't get infuriated by cafe staff not being able to make my favourite breakfast absolutely perfect.

Nice morning this morning, except for heavy fog, so I decided to walk to my place of employment, and I could not get over the amount gormless dickhead drivers who cant be bothered to turn a fuucking light on, especially those in white/grey cars. For christsake, it could stop an accident!! Lazy bastards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

When you ring the doctor to book an appointment for 5pm and when you get there there are 20 people who have also been given a 5pm appointment. A$$hats.

Strituck wrote: »
    When you ring the doctor to book an appointment for 5pm and when you get there there are 20 people who have also been given a 5pm appointment. A$$hats.

When you ring the doctor to book an appointment and you are told to come in to the surgery the following morning at 9am. You put everything else on hold, show up at 9am and the receptionist tells you that you can have an appointment on Wednesday.

And you think, ok, it's only a two day wait, then you say to her, 'this Wednesday, the sixth of November?' and she says, 'no, next Wednesday, the thirteenth of November'. You have got to be fookin kidding me.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

I mentioned this in another thread, but decided to throw it in here too...

When you're at an outdoor gig and they have those four way pissers, so you're actually staring someone in the face when you piss. Who's f*cking idea was that?

When you're at an outdoor gig and they have those four way pissers, so you're actually staring someone in the face when you piss. Who's f*cking idea was that?

Is that in the ladies or the gents?:D

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Is that in the ladies or the gents?:D

Jesus, wouldn't that be nasty? Mind you, they always go in pairs anyway... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Ready, steady.... FLOW! :pac:

Fine, fine, I was leaving anyway! :o

Contra flow, more like :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

People who bring a guitar to a quiet pub (unannounced) and start playing. Saps!

All i wanted was a quiet pint.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

Little kids not looking where they're going and running into your legs/balls on the street.

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote: »
    People who bring a guitar to a quiet pub (unannounced) and start playing. Saps!

All i wanted was a quiet pint.

And they will always sing"Willie McBride" all 87 fuucking verses

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement