Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

I actually feel bad for laughing at that :pac:

Her and her husband were doing that Irish dancing old people do, you know the one where they dont actually know how to do it so they just flail their legs around in a packed bar? That's the one. She hits the deck and he's oblivious.

She's sprawled out groaning on the floor and I felt like going SHUSH!!!! :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

just found out I have another four days of IV drips every six hours after my surgery tomorrow. I foolishly believed the IV's would stop once I'd been cut open.

they've already had to open a new vein pretty much every day I've been here as mine seem to take particular offence to having needles stuck in them, I don't know if I have enough easily available ones to last until the end of the week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,396 ✭✭✭Frosty McSnowballs

People saying "Barthalona"......fcuk off and say "Barcelona" you cnuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Paddy Fields

Grati-ath...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

People saying "Barthalona"......fcuk off and say "Barcelona" you cnuts.
    And "Valenthia"

Or years ago, do you remember Sky Sports' commentators would pronounce Theirry Henry as "Ee-eh-ee Aw'ee". Is started out as pretty much 'Terry Henry' with a soft H, then someone noticed the H was basically silent, and it seemed like every season they tried to outdo themselves just a little bit more after that. A French lad I was in college with at the time said it was laughably overdone also... well know come they don't try and do the same with Asian or African players, attempting completely over the top accents? They'd get in sh ite is why, but it would still be unintentionally hilarious. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

"nuke-u-lar"

Wasn't there a reason for that Spanish thing like King Phillip V had a speech impedimink and so as that he didn't feel too bad all the courtiers decided to go along with him and say things like "Queen Maria Luitha hath gone to Barthelona... There is a thale on in Argoth."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

People who say 'dude', unless you are 14, fcuk right off and grow up:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Wasn't there a reason for that Spanish thing like King Phillip V had a speech impedimink and so as that he didn't feel too bad all the courtiers decided to go along with him and say things like "Queen Maria Luitha hath gone to Barthelona... There is a thale on in Argoth."

The "Spanish Lisp" is a myth (oh that's cruel :pac:) I'm afraid -

http://spanish.about.com/cs/qa/a/q_lisp.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

People who say 'dude', unless you are 14, fcuk right off and grow up:mad:

Ok dude!

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Czarcasm wrote: »

I think your mything the point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Rasheed wrote: »
    I love my dog, I really do but he's losing his coat and it's driving me fcuking mad. I even got him groomed, spending more than I would on my own hair, and no improvement. It's bloody everywhere!

Try having an all-year shedder! Still love her though so I don't mind :L

Thath amay-thing. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

:eek:

Fcuking seething with envy right about now! Damn ya Pumpkinseeds ya lucky so and so! :mad:

Trivial thing that annoys me? When I'm reminded of 80's classics like this and curse myself for having forgotten them-

Is kind of depressing to think that in the early 90's I was a laid back, dock martin wearing, perry drinki,ng carefree 20 something. Now I'm 40, technically a middle aged, sensible shoe wearing, gin and tonic drinking, outwardly respectable woman Also a lot happened today so we may have to cancel the tickets and the hotel:(:(

The over-use of the word "mate" on UK TV. Notably those late-night cop shows. "Can you step out of the car mate" and they fine him, impound his car then make him walk home with "You can pay the £350 release fee mate and get your £175 car back, ok mate, safe home." Or 6 coppers pile on top of some guy that has had one too many sherberts screaming "calm down mate" at him as they get the cuffs on him. With mates like that... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

The over-use of the word "mate" on UK TV. Notably those late-night cop shows. "Can you step out of the car mate" and they fine him, impound his car then make him walk home with "You can pay the £350 release fee mate and get your £175 car back, ok mate, safe home." Or 6 coppers pile on top of some guy that has had one too many sherberts screaming "calm down mate" at him as they get the cuffs on him. With mates like that... :rolleyes:

I'm just waitin' for a mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

when you are fixing something involving screws and one of the little bastards falls and bounces seemingly into oblivion never to be seen again grrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

Jokes that have a line after the punchline that try to make out like it was a true story or something. You know the ones "the priest fainted" or "the teacher had to leave the room."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

People saying they had a cheeky something.

Shut up you cockends

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭peewee_44

I tell you what annoys me. One of my neighbours has had their back garden light on all day everyday for over 2 weeks. It does not effect me in anyway I just want them to turn it off even if only for during the day....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

When you can't find the remote control even though you just had it in your hand. I was watching tv this afternoon in bed while trying to get my sick baby to sleep. He fell asleep on my and then the remote was nowhere to be found. I couldn't move to look for it properly so had to watch done crap antiques programme. I found it later right under the pillows. Grr.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

People saying childbirth is a miracle. It's not a fooking miracle, it's nature! shag off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

Arawn wrote: »

Shut up you cockends

Few cheeky vinos with the girlos :P

People who use the word delicious to describe something other than food. I remember a friend of mine saying a dress was delicious and I wanted to split her. Another one, anything being yummy. Especially men, oh he's yummy :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

mauzo! wrote: »
    Few cheeky vinos with the girlos :P

People who use the word delicious to describe something other than food. I remember a friend of mine saying a dress was delicious and I wanted to split her. Another one, anything being yummy. Especially men, oh he's yummy :mad:
    I don't think they mean he is yummy good lucking. Winky face

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

The nozzle on my hair dryer that without fail when drying my hair pops off and hits my bare foot. Ow!

The fact that after ten years, my house is falling apart (but thanks to the nice locksmith, sorted!) But why can't houses have digilocks?

Tesco kitchen cleaner, may be cheap but doesn't clean a thing. Spit and water would work better.

My friend, who thinks I have a housekeeper and uses a different spoon for each cup of tea. Just cause he had a housekeeper I don't!

My dad who panics when I don't phone home 3 times a day - I am 40!

People who get my name wrong - it's an A not an E! If you're typing in my email address do not then call me the wrong name.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

You've got trains???? Last seen in the Northwest 60 fookin years ago, we wouldn't know what a train looked like even if it hit us.

They're large, grey and stink of piss. You can't miss them.

• Site Banned Posts: 257 ✭✭Driveby Dogboy

Arawn wrote: »

Shut up you cockends
    its grand if it's a cheeky half :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

When your stupid brain is on the blink all day but then at 4am it's racing like a ginger foster child away from a spanking, and there's not a hope of it stopping.

Brain y u no work rite :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

When your stupid brain is on the blink all day but then at 4am it's racing like a ginger foster child away from a spanking, and there's not a hope of it stopping.

Brain y u no work rite :(

Same! I started falling asleep at 7pm because I have the flu, but stayed awake cos I knew I'd wake up too early in the morning if I went to bed.. Roll on 4:10am and I'm still awake, lying in bed contemplating every bad decision I've ever made in my life :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    Same! I started falling asleep at 7pm because I have the flu, but stayed awake cos I knew I'd wake up too early in the morning if I went to bed.. Roll on 4:10am and I'm still awake, lying in bed contemplating every bad decision I've ever made in my life :pac:

Same. I found a naggin in my handbag from the weekend, think ill crack on with that and see if it relaxes the situation.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement