Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

Same. I found a naggin in my handbag from the weekend, think ill crack on with that and see if it relaxes the situation.

Please don't masturbate with a dirty handbag naggin

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    Same! I started falling asleep at 7pm because I have the flu, but stayed awake cos I knew I'd wake up too early in the morning if I went to bed.. Roll on 4:10am and I'm still awake, lying in bed contemplating every bad decision I've ever made in my life :pac:

I'm just after turning off the new call of duty and a while ago myself and my ex gf took the relationship fully off Facebook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

Calves that never stopped roaring outside last night. Ok it's their first night away from their mothers and they're hungry but get over it fairly lively or I'll bring you to the factory.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

stuck in this bastard hospital for at least another week :/ was sure i was going to be allowed home on friday

• Registered Users Posts: 16,623 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Drivers who, when turning left, swing out into the opposite lane for a moment.

• Advertisement

stuck in this bastard hospital for at least another week :/ was sure i was going to be allowed home on friday

Ah shiite Dig, hope you're ok! Ask for a bed bath from some of the young ones to pass the time......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Rasheed wrote: »
    Ah shiite Dig, hope you're ok! Ask for a bed bath from some of the young ones to pass the time......

You can ASK for those? Bloody hell, I'm writing that down! :D

Czarcasm wrote: »
    You can ASK for those? Bloody hell, I'm writing that down! :D

Well I'd oblige you if you asked nicely!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

I'm on the street/in a shopping mall and usually woman sees other women or man of same middle she generation and women hollars "Well hellooo there Mary / Tommy,................. I hav"nT seeeeen ye in such a lonngggg llonnnggg Tyme. " lt makes you seem a complete and utter miscast misfit as a bystander by being there. More common outside the big smoke.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Wasn't there a reason for that Spanish thing like King Phillip V had a speech impedimink and so as that he didn't feel too bad all the courtiers decided to go along with him and say things like "Queen Maria Luitha hath gone to Barthelona... There is a thale on in Argoth."

Yeth, thith ith tho:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Yeth, thith ith tho:D

Don't all Spanish people have the same speech impediment? :D

Actually, a mate of mine when I was a kid's Spanish mother was always banging on about the belbet material her couch was made of. It amused me every time.

Rasheed wrote: »

Or even ask one of the nurses:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

People who still say "EEC" and "pound" (when referring to euro - I always find myself trying to convert to euro until I realise that is in fact, the currency they are referring to. Verbal ****ing laziness is all it is

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I hate that new Special K Porridge ad, "less fat than most other oatmeals".Who are they trying to cod,porridge is about as low fat a cereal you can get until you add doses of sugar or whatever to it yourself.
    Almost as bad as those Hands Free disinfectant soap dispensers,ffs,the disinfectant is in the soap.You can touch the dispenser all you want beforehand.

Don't all Spanish people have the same speech impediment? :D

Actually, a mate of mine when I was a kid's Spanish mother was always banging on about the belbet material her couch was made of. It amused me every time.

It's just the way the pronounce words in spainish.

It's like us and three and tree

Women nattering in the toilet. wtf is that about? do your business and get out. I went into the bathroom earlier and there were two of them at it. Parping on and fuucking on about mundane sh1te. I sat patiently for 4 or 5 mins waiting for them to go. You're hardly going to start weeing into the bowl when they're mid conversation! Eventually, one of them left....and the other starts doing her makeup! Was she ever going to leave???! And then....a classic... "um...are you ok, you're in there in a long time!"

fuuck off b1tch!!!!!!!!!!!!

lkionm wrote: »
    It's just the way the pronounce words in spainish.

It's like us and three and tree

Yes, I was making a joke hence the :D

;)

People who mess up joke punchlines. I worked with a guy a few years back and told that old (not very good) joke that goes " I used to be a werewolf, but I am alright noooow ow ow oooow". Anyway, he arrives in work Monday morning and says to me "you and your stupid jokes, I was at a party on Saturday night, told that werewolf joke and nearly got beaten up", I asked him to quote the joke back to me, this is the joke he told. " I used to be a werewolf, but now I am oooookayeeee"................where do you go from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

People who mess up joke punchlines. I worked with a guy a few years back and told that old (not very good) joke that goes " I used to be a werewolf, but I am alright noooow ow ow oooow". Anyway, he arrives in work Monday morning and says to me "you and your stupid jokes, I was at a party on Saturday night, told that werewolf joke and nearly got beaten up", I asked him to quote the joke back to me, this is the joke he told. " I used to be a werewolf, but now I am oooookayeeee"................where do you go from there.

That's actually a better joke than the joke. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Usually happens in a work environment or at least that's where I notice it.

People who laugh loudly and awkwardly after saying something not remotely funny. In fact, it's usually after they've said something condescending and the laugh just accentuates the condescension.

My boss did it last week. Sauntered into a meeting late and condescendingly said to the fella arranging it "How was I supposed to know where the meeting is. Am I psychic or something?" followed by the aforementioned laugh. Looked a bit silly when someone pulled out the meeting invite with the meeting room stated on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

People who try to get someone's attention by whistling to them (often when they're seen on the opposite side of the road). Whoever you're trying to salute, they have a name and chances are you know what it is, so just call em by their bloody name instead of 'whiiiip, whiiiiiiiiip, whiiiiiiiiip'

DeanAustin wrote: »
    Usually happens in a work environment or at least that's where I notice it.

People who laugh loudly and awkwardly after saying something not remotely funny. In fact, it's usually after they've said something condescending and the laugh just accentuates the condescension.

My boss did it last week. Sauntered into a meeting late and condescendingly said to the fella arranging it "How was I supposed to know where the meeting is. Am I psychic or something?" followed by the aforementioned laugh. Looked a bit silly when someone pulled out the meeting invite with the meeting room stated on it.

I know a guy who does that in lectures. He clearly doesnt get when something funny is said, because he will be quiet for a fraction of a second too long, and then start guffawing far too enthusiasticaly. There is a precise timing sequence that will tell you if a laugh is fake or not, delay for a microsecond (or indeed come in a microsecond early) and you give the game away. I had never considered that such social etiquette has such strict timing rules, I think its something that we can pick up subconsciously (and then when we give it conscious thought, we wreck everyone's head with it on Boards) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭kitnan

When people say:

"That was ironic" - when it wasn't

"...so it is" - bloody Belfast folk :D

People (usually old biddies) standing around and blocking the isles as they chat to each other in supermarkets.

People that use two cards at a bank machine.

People who are on a loop. I know one who's constantly at it.

Are ye alright there are ya?

Hope you're behaving yourself!

Dont do anything I wouldnt do!

We'll have to stop meeting like this, the neighbours will be talking!

Ah sure trouble is my/your middle name

Good MOOOOOrning how AAAAAAre ya?

Hope you're behaving yourself.

Incapable of walking past without barking one of the above. I think he needs to be re-set. Next time he does it I shall attempt to remove his batteries and re-start him.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

People whose trousers are falling down as a fashion statement. I don't want to see your underpants.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    People who are on a loop. I know one who's constantly at it.

Are ye alright there are ya?

Hope you're behaving yourself!

Dont do anything I wouldnt do!

We'll have to stop meeting like this, the neighbours will be talking!

Ah sure trouble is my/your middle name

Good MOOOOOrning how AAAAAAre ya?

Hope you're behaving yourself.

Incapable of walking past without barking one of the above. I think he needs to be re-set. Next time he does it I shall attempt to remove his batteries and re-start him.

F**kwits of the highest order. What bothers me is that they think they're the first person to ever make these "jokes".

work nights out, "ah come along, Karens brother will be there, he is a real card (whatever the fuuck that is) he's gas, will usually turn out to a knob jockey of the highest order, telling "yarns".

work nights out, "ah come along, Karens brother will be there, he is a real card (whatever the fuuck that is) he's gas, will usually turn out to a knob jockey of the highest order, telling "yarns".

A mate of mine kept banging on about some guy who is my "musical soul mate", as if that wasn't completely gay, anyway eventually he was out at some work do that I was at, and he bored the **** out of me.

Something trivial, but not annoying like a tin of beans, which has cooking instructions on it, and a "serving suggestion" which will show a plate with said beans on it, along with a pork chop and mashed potatoes. I am glad the they do that cos I would have never figured out what the fuuck to with the beans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

When you're walking along a street and see someone you know coming towards you, and they see you, but they're too far away yet to say hi to. So you have to do that awkward walk towards each other either smiling or looking away until you're within speaking distance thing, socially awkward penguin moment.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement