Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Something trivial, but not annoying like a tin of beans, which has cooking instructions on it, and a "serving suggestion" which will show a plate with said beans on it, along with a pork chop and mashed potatoes. I am glad the they do that cos I would have never figured out what the fuuck to with the beans.

I remember as a kid we used to laugh our holes off at the serving suggestion, generally just the beans on a plate!

When I was a little older, we found out that they mark 'serving suggestion' on the tin so that you don't think there's actually a plate in there, and end up taking them to court over the disappointment!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

work nights out, "ah come along, Karens brother will be there, he is a real card (whatever the fuuck that is) he's gas, will usually turn out to a knob jockey of the highest order, telling "yarns".

Don't know exactly what it was about this comment, but it maybe me laugh out loud. Thank you sir

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

krudler wrote: »
    When you're walking along a street and see someone you know coming towards you, and they see you, but they're too far away yet to say hi to. So you have to do that awkward walk towards each other either smiling or looking away until you're within speaking distance thing, socially awkward penguin moment.

Posts like this make me realise I am not alone :)

DeanAustin wrote: »
    F**kwits of the highest order. What bothers me is that they think they're the first person to ever make these "jokes".

Yes. They are next in line to board my ship set for hell. After the kn*bs who think you want to hear, "gosh its cold out there now!". Immediately after them will be the "any plans for the weekend?" ers.

krudler wrote: »
    When you're walking along a street and see someone you know coming towards you, and they see you, but they're too far away yet to say hi to. So you have to do that awkward walk towards each other either smiling or looking away until you're within speaking distance thing, socially awkward penguin moment.

Or when you see some one you know and want to avoid, so you look away and hope they dont see you. BUT THEY ALWAYS SEE YOU!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Or when you see some one you know and want to avoid, so you look away and hope they dont see you. BUT THEY ALWAYS SEE YOU!

Especially if you are coming out a hotel in Galway with the blonde from accounts, and you are supposed to be at a sales meeting in Cork:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Aul ones. Competitive aul ones. The aul ones that'll race you for a parking space, picking up speed instead of slowly and safely pulling into it. The aul ones who'll race you for a loaf of bread in the supermarket, like they have to pick the same bread up just as you're reaching for it, incase it was really a loaf made from gold?

Aul ones in general. I like old men but old women, maniacs.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭kitnan

Smudges on screens and glasses etc. Wiping them usually results in nothing more than a now swirl shaped smudge where once before there was a fingerprint.

May have been said before but its so annoying it is worth two posts: people who veer diagonally in front of you when you try to pass them :( Who walks diagonally on a footpath anyway?? Even crabs have the balls to do it properly horizontally. None of this vague, pansy wandering...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    May have been said before but its so annoying it is worth two posts: people who veer diagonally in front of you when you try to pass them :( Who walks diagonally on a footpath anyway?? Even crabs have the balls to do it properly horizontally. None of this vague, pansy wandering...

That is incredibly annoying. Move left, they move diagonally left, switch to the other side, off they go again. I find the old schoolboy flick of the heel works wonders in these situations :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Radio programmes, why are they all ****e? especially the type where there are two or more presenters, who have great "craic" ringing people up and pretending to be the ESB man, or a long dead granny or some such unoriginal ****e.....The Strawberry Alarm Clock type things, gimme a fuucken break. People get paid to come up with this boolox!! Then someone will tell you they have x thousands of listeners, how does anyone know? I have never in my life been asked what I listen to or my opinion of any radio show. I wish they would...then I would not have to be on Boards.ie, and my shrink would not be covered in bruises. Rant over............for now!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭kitnan

Being asked by people on the street what I listen to or my opinion of any radio show. It happens all the time. Its like they are never done. :pac::p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

Radio programmes, why are they all ****e? especially the type where there are two or more presenters, who have great "craic" ringing people up and pretending to be the ESB man, or a long dead granny or some such unoriginal ****e.....The Strawberry Alarm Clock type things, gimme a fuucken break. People get paid to come up with this boolox!! Then someone will tell you they have x thousands of listeners, how does anyone know? I have never in my life been asked what I listen to or my opinion of any radio show. I wish they would...then I would not have to be on Boards.ie, and my shrink would not be covered in bruises. Rant over............for now!
    Not confined to FM104. What about certain radio show on rte1 after the 3pm news. Like, there's less than 200 seats remaining for this show in the bord gausshh theatre. The road to full happiness means follow the crowd as much as ye little people possibly can!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Yes. They are next in line to board my ship set for hell. After the kn*bs who think you want to hear, "gosh its cold out there now!". Immediately after them will be the "any plans for the weekend?" ers.

beakerjoe wrote: »

Couldn't help but think of these posts just now.

I was at a zebra crossing waiting to cross, when over the other side of the crossing I spotted an acquaintance who is misery personified. I was just about to turn and move on up the footpath when the fcuker did the big wave and that "spotted youuuu!" grin on his face. I had to make like I was looking up the street at the traffic and he had just got my attention :pac:

He's a genuinely nice, harmless chap tbh, but my god is he miserable, and I was hoping to avoid updates about his bowel movements, his throat infections, his off /back on / off the smokes, and just his generally miserable demeanour!

We all like a trivial moan every so often, but then there are the people that will suck the life out of a room when they walk in, and suck the life out of you when you spend more than 30 seconds in their company. Can't be doing with those kind of people at all at all tbh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39 atourdeforce

My personal hate, particularly in the winter are the muppets who are at bank machines and put their card in about 5/6 times!!! Arghhhhh so annoying when your standing there in the freezing cold or the lashing rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

I'm probably not the first to note this, but this thread seems to have moved on from the original point of trivial things that annoy you, to people posting stuff that they genuinely have a right to be annoyed by.

Anyway, my trivial annoyance is people leaving the foil/paper in or attached to the margarine/spread/whatever container after it's been opened and used for the first time. Absolutely drives me insane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Opening a bag of crisps, like chickatees or monster munch and there being absolutely no flavoured dust on the crisps or any where in the bag?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭poundapunnet

Aul ones. Competitive aul ones. The aul ones that'll race you for a parking space, picking up speed instead of slowly and safely pulling into it. The aul ones who'll race you for a loaf of bread in the supermarket, like they have to pick the same bread up just as you're reaching for it, incase it was really a loaf made from gold?

Or CHRIST when they're getting on buses. If they're hailing a bus they don't trust anybody else to do it, doesn't matter how many people have their arms out they'll step half way out into the road to do it themselves.

And if it's a crowd waiting for a bus at a station, doesn't matter if it's a coach and there's only twenty people there they'll get right up to the front. And then when the coach pulls in they'll often as not try to get on before the last crowd has gotten off, and when the driver is sorting his float and ticket machine out they practically have their noses to the door waiting for him. The bus is going to leave, just as it does every. fúcking. day. And there's no great conspiracy to try and trick you out of getting on it. I only wish they'd be in that much of a rush when they get to the top of ANY OTHER QUEUE.

Other trivial thing that annoys me is that Simon and Garfunkel song with the lyrics "I looked at the scenery/she read her magazine". Every time I hear it I have to go "magazinery" in my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Or CHRIST when they're getting on buses. If they're hailing a bus they don't trust anybody else to do it, doesn't matter how many people have their arms out they'll step half way out into the road to do it themselves.

And if it's a crowd waiting for a bus at a station, doesn't matter if it's a coach and there's only twenty people there they'll get right up to the front. And then when the coach pulls in they'll often as not try to get on before the last crowd has gotten off, and when the driver is sorting his float and ticket machine out they practically have their noses to the door waiting for him. The bus is going to leave, just as it does every. fúcking. day. And there's no great conspiracy to try and trick you out of getting on it. I only wish they'd be in that much of a rush when they get to the top of ANY OTHER QUEUE.

Other trivial thing that annoys me is that Simon and Garfunkel song with the lyrics "I looked at the scenery/she read her magazine". Every time I hear it I have to go "magazinery" in my head.
    It gets worse, in cue in shop for one, this old one who generally looks like a breeze would cut her in half, suddenly produces a purse with at least 15056154653458986445798688546874986454687987654876432468835547 cent coins in it to pay the exact amount.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

the mesh underwear the nurses made me put on before surgery are kinda turning me on but i'm in a hospital with windows on the doors and nurses coming in and out so I can't really do much about it.

Do it! Fot the sheer thrill of getting caught!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭poundapunnet

Arawn wrote: »
    It gets worse, in cue in shop for one, this old one who generally looks like a breeze would cut her in half, suddenly produces a purse with at least 15056154653458986445798688546874986454687987654876432468835547 cent coins in it to pay the exact amount.

Eeeh, are they buying a mansion? :P

Used to work on tills and a lot of older people hadn't quite got their head around the euro coins yet. Yeah. Sometimes they'd just fire a handful of change at you and roar "what have I there? what are them coins??" Didn't really mind but it got annoying when there was a queue behind them, plus as often as not once you started to count it out they'd go "Hang on I've loads here will you give me notes for them you will good girl"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39 atourdeforce

I hate being in a shop and some moron (always the person directly in front of me and normally a oldish woman) gets a few bits at the till and then decides "oh ill get a couple of chocolate bars" and then the cashier adds up and gives the change.....then the person says "give me a 6 euro quickpick for sat night too"!!!
    And im just standing there screaming in my head wanting to bloody bang the womans head off the counter!!!
    Oh and i never pick the quick ques, always the really slow ones where women are at the till in tesco complaining that is not 1.50 its 1.39 and then the checkout girl has to go all the way down to check it out!!
    Its unreal!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

People who say their car failed the NCT on ommisions, did they lose part of their car or what?.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

It's called emissions!

People often fail because there's a small crack in their exhaust/various other reasons.

*whoosh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

Converse. I absolutely hate them with all my heart. They are disgusting horrendous looking shoes. If I could never put another pair of shoes on my feet I still wouldn't wear a pair.

I'd go as far as saying if Paul Galvin came knocking now looking for the ride and he was wearing Converse, I'd send him on his way. They're fcuking shocking so they are. Jesus I can feel myself getting angry thinking how much I despise them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Rasheed wrote: »
    Converse. I absolutely hate them with all my heart. They are disgusting horrendous looking shoes. If I could never put another pair of shoes on my feet I still wouldn't wear a pair.

I'd go as far as saying if Paul Galvin came knocking now looking for the ride and he was wearing Converse, I'd send him on his way. They're fcuking shocking so they are. Jesus I can feel myself getting angry thinking how much I despise them.

Not as fugly as crocs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

They're even worse Christmas week, they'd almost plough you into the ground with their trolleys in their dash to get in front of you. The shops close for a day but you'd think they were bunkering down for Armageddon:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Totes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement