Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39 atourdeforce

Totes and mazeballs annoys me haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Totes and mazeballs annoys me haha
    Those words make me want to throttle them with their own hair extensions:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

One that crops up on Gigs and Events forum often, having posted it myself. Yapping idiots at gigs, some folk were going on about the recent Billy Joel gig, the same with Bat for Lashes at Electric Picnic 2012, could not hear Natasha at times because of the conversationalists :mad:

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

There's a fella I used to work with who had the very annoying habit of saying
    'is that what she said last night' or something similar everytime anything was said that could be interpreted in a sexual context and it was always preceded by a little chuckle.

Other than that he was a lovely man but I reached the point of having murderous thoughts everytime he'd make that comment.

'you need to put it in there'........'hoho is that what she said last night?'

'open it up a bit more...' 'hoho.. is that what you said to her last night..?'

'stop there..that's enough' .....hoho I bet ye weren't saying that last night....'

'it's not hard enough yet...'hoho...is that what she told you last night?'

and on..and on..and on........

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Fishyfreak

People who overtake and then indicate left to go back in, Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Opening a bag of crisps, like chickatees or monster munch and there being absolutely no flavoured dust on the crisps or any where in the bag?

The EU has banned all the tasty bad chemical sh*t. That's why Rancheros and Hula Hoops taste like cardboard now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭AnarchistKen

Rasheed wrote: »
    Converse. I absolutely hate them with all my heart. They are disgusting horrendous looking shoes. If I could never put another pair of shoes on my feet I still wouldn't wear a pair.

I'd go as far as saying if Paul Galvin came knocking now looking for the ride and he was wearing Converse, I'd send him on his way. They're fcuking shocking so they are. Jesus I can feel myself getting angry thinking how much I despise them.

I know how you feel. I've to be best man at a lesbian wedding soon and I'm under strict instruction from the brides to wear converse with a suit. Fashion faux pas of the century aside I now have this raging hatred for these abhorrent pieces of muck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

The EU has banned all the tasty bad chemical sh*t. That's why Rancheros and Hula Hoops taste like cardboard now :(
    these rancheros originally had all sorts of stuff put into them, just like the wild west. Now it's EU nanny regulation all the way. Like good ol' John Wayne, EU takes no $h1t

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

gugleguy wrote: »
    these rancheros originally had all sorts of stuff put into them, just like the wild west. Now it's EU nanny regulation all the way. Like good ol' John Wayne, EU takes no $h1t

But they were so damn tasty. And informative :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Couldn't help but think of these posts just now.

I was at a zebra crossing waiting to cross, when over the other side of the crossing I spotted an acquaintance who is misery personified. I was just about to turn and move on up the footpath when the fcuker did the big wave and that "spotted youuuu!" grin on his face. I had to make like I was looking up the street at the traffic and he had just got my attention :pac:

He's a genuinely nice, harmless chap tbh, but my god is he miserable, and I was hoping to avoid updates about his bowel movements, his throat infections, his off /back on / off the smokes, and just his generally miserable demeanour!

We all like a trivial moan every so often, but then there are the people that will suck the life out of a room when they walk in, and suck the life out of you when you spend more than 30 seconds in their company. Can't be doing with those kind of people at all at all tbh.

I think its sweet that he's usually so miseable and he did this when he saw you - you obviously have a way of making people feel better :P

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

As of yesterday I now hate 'Gairda Speak'. COM-it-Tee' and ' Veh-hickle' were bad enough but yesterday on the news I heard a Guard speak of 'inter-reactions with the person in question', Do they train them in this mystery language?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭IK09

My girlfriend uses the phrase "she's a ticket" or "she's the ticket" when shes on the phone to someone. It gets on my nerves so much that it sends shivers down my spine.

It literally is the 1 thing I wold change about her. Otherwise shes class.

As of yesterday I now hate 'Gairda Speak'. COM-it-Tee' and ' Veh-hickle' were bad enough but yesterday on the news I heard a Guard speak of 'inter-reactions with the person in question', Do they train them in this mystery language?

Yup. My brother had an entire module on Garda Speak. I remember him asking us to do role play with him, over and over. Sitting in the car with him saying, "would you mynd stepping owt o the veh-hicle sir?" twenty times...

Lea Michele's nose. Love her voice but its just a distraction!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

OldNotWIse wrote: »

Leah Michele? She always looked a bit like Rupert Everett to me tbh, I think it's the masculine jawline -

Lea Michele

Rupert Everett

Not that I watch Glee or anything....

<_<

>_>

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Opening a bag of crisps, like chickatees or monster munch and there being absolutely no flavoured dust on the crisps or any where in the bag?

Sitting beside someone on public transport who has had Monster Munches for breakfast:P

My personal hate, particularly in the winter are the muppets who are at bank machines and put their card in about 5/6 times!!! Arghhhhh so annoying when your standing there in the freezing cold or the lashing rain.

Those skimmers get on my wick as well:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

Someone who doesn't brush their teeth or use mouthwash after they've had really strong coffee for breakfast..... phew.

People who eat chips or egg and onion sandwiches on the bus on a really wet day and it just stinks the whole fookin place up. Whatever it is about a wet day that makes the smell so much more potent.

Women who still think fake tans (oompa loompa style) and hair extensions look great on them, get real.

The length of time it takes for traffic lights to change colour, period..... way too long.

Brown paper carrier bags that will at some stage rip or tear along the bottom and all your groceries fall out, usually on a day when it is lashing down with freakin rain.

So called internet service providers.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭kitnan

Speaking of those brown paper carrier bags, what is up with the ones that lack any sort of handle what-so-ever and how they always seem to end up full to the brim with the heaviest stuff in it, so you need both hands to carry one damn bag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

This use of absolutely has gotten very popular in recent years and annoys the **** out of me.

...dealing with him was "absolutely not a problem"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

No, I thinks it's refreshing to see someone in the limelight with the confidence to not have to resort to surgery to look how others think you should. So lea if your reading, pm me - I definitely would.
    Ps can you also bring Naya Rivera with you - my god she is hot!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭kitnan

gramar wrote: »
    This use of absolutely has gotten very popular in recent years and annoys the **** out of me.

Thats absolutely not trivial. :D

I agree. Something along the same lines that bugs me is when people say the phrase 'Well, to be honest with you...' as it implies they weren't speaking to you honestly before.

gramar wrote: »

Along with Literally,

I got such a fright I literally jumped 50 ft in the air....
    Literally scared the pants off me ....
    I was literally ****ting myself...............

Lies, all lies I tell ya!!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

kitnan wrote: »
    Thats absolutely not trivial. :D

I agree. Something along the same lines that bugs me is when people say the phrase 'Well, to be honest with you...' as it implies they weren't speaking to you honestly before.

I'd say they mean "to be frank"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

The length of time it takes for traffic lights to change colour, period..... way too long.

Exactly, and also not knowing how long they'll be red for. Why can't they have a countdown timer like some pedestrian lights have? Would stop me from dawdling when stopped at a red

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Along with Literally,

I got such a fright I literally jumped 50 ft in the air....
    Literally scared the pants off me ....
    I was literally ****ting myself...............

Lies, all lies I tell ya!!

I hate that one too! "Literally" is the only word we have left to let us know that a statement is fact!

No, I thinks it's refreshing to see someone in the limelight with the confidence to not have to resort to surgery to look how others think you should. So lea if your reading, pm me - I definitely would.
    Ps can you also bring Naya Rivera with you - my god she is hot!

Its not that I think she shouldnt look a certain way, it just annoys me cause its so big and its ALL I can see! :D

Who's Naya Rivera?

Its not that I think she shouldnt look a certain way, it just annoys me cause its so big and its ALL I can see! :D

Who's Naya Rivera?

Dana

The new kellogs special k porridge ad annoys me, not so much because oats are oats and there is little you can do to them to make them less inocuous anyway. Gloopiness etc comes from the bad preparation, but what really gets me is the stupid goldilocks scene...they used a brunette ffs! Blonde's one chance to finally shed the stereotype and show the world how talented and smart we are - so smart we can find the better oats - and they give the role to a fuucking brunette!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

The ParkTV ad for that Christmas savings scheme. The kid at the beginning that says I'm getting lots of new toys and then does a really annoying fake double take as presents appear under the tree needs a good slap!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement