Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    The ParkTV ad for that Christmas savings scheme. The kid at the beginning that says I'm getting lots of new toys and then does a really annoying fake double take as presents appear under the tree needs a good slap!

A right good slap, the greedy little ****. They should give him a hoop and a stick for Xmas, that's all I ever got and it didn't do me any harm:P

In was out in Bray one day, some fuucker robbed the hoop and I had to walk home, Bray heads, the worst:D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

People who still use "pound" as a currency. "I'll pay a few pound there" we haven't used pounds in what, 12 years now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

krudler wrote: »
    People who still use "pound" as a currency. "I'll pay a few pound there" we haven't used pounds in what, 12 years now?

Yesssss!!! They usually also say "EEC" :mad: :mad: fuuckers should transported back in time to when we did say pound and eec, they'd be better off! (and we wouldnt have to listen to them)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

All the Walking Dead and post apocalyptic survival dramas and movies bug me. Frankly if there's an apocalyptic event in my lifetime I'd rather be killed instantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭kitnan

On the topic of currency; when people call euros monopoly money.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭nazzy

Yoyo
    Lids
    a tonne

Hate those expressions.

As well as 'Kwality'.

It's the same amount of letters, just spell it right!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

What the f... is Yoyo? Apart from the yolk on the end of a string that I haen't seen anywhere in like 20 years, of course. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Tomato sauce sachets!

Fcuking mind of their own spraying everywhere but the fcuking plate :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Katie Taylor's monotone voice, and the way she goes on about God.

• Advertisement

"The _____ game"

Works for a few select things (see: The Wire), but when I hear something "my family used to be in the fish & chips game" I really just want to smack that person across the back of the head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Young lads hair cuts these days. Like them gimps from Kingsland Road.
    I saw a fella the other day and he had a 'bob' haircut I think its called. I had to look twice as I thought it was a girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

MJ23 wrote: »

God, can't help starving people but can make you punch someone in the face better than anyone else.

MJ23 wrote: »

krudler wrote: »
    God, can't help starving people but can make you punch someone in the face better than anyone else.

In fairness lads I watched Brendan O' Connor interview her the other night, and it was he who kept pushing her and pushing her on the religion thing even though she insisted no less than three times that she didn't want to talk about it.

You can probably catch the interview on the RTE player.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

Ignorant f**ks who seem to have taken root to the spot. It's like their feet have grown roots while they are standing in the middle of a bar or pub or even on the pavement, will they move, will they me arse.

Can openers that don't work.

A new pack of batteries that don't work.

Digital cameras that show a low battery warning after you've taken 4 photos, WTF is going on there?

Milk that goes off a week before it's best before date.

Best before dates and use by dates. How did we manage to survive back in the 1970's and 1980's without all this molly coddling? If it had lumps in it or was sour, drink it, it will put hair on your chest and make you a man, that's what we were told growing up, there was none of this pansy assed, wussy assed stuff we have to endure today.

So called 'experts' telling us day in and day out what is good for us and what is bad for us.

Anyone who's appeared on Big Brother.

Anne 'mahogany head' Robinson or is it teak or beech, never could figure out what her big orange head was made of.

Jim Corr.

Ignorant f**ks who seem to have taken root to the spot. It's like their feet have grown roots while they are standing in the middle of a bar or pub or even on the pavement, will they move, will they me arse.
    People standing, drinking and chatting away after having got their drinks at a very busy bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Vacuum packaging on scissors Tgats is impossible to open.

You have to find a scissors to open it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Flicking through an Elle magazine today. What the hell is the story with the amount of ads? 300 pages of which around 180-200 are ads. Page 1-26 are solid ads until there is 1 page of typing, then another 20 pages of Gucci, prada.....

What a joke, not that I'd ever being buying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

gramar wrote: »
    There's a fella I used to work with who had the very annoying habit of saying
    'is that what she said last night' or something similar everytime anything was said that could be interpreted in a sexual context and it was always preceded by a little chuckle.

Other than that he was a lovely man but I reached the point of having murderous thoughts everytime he'd make that comment.

'you need to put it in there'........'hoho is that what she said last night?'

'open it up a bit more...' 'hoho.. is that what you said to her last night..?'

'stop there..that's enough' .....hoho I bet ye weren't saying that last night....'

'it's not hard enough yet...'hoho...is that what she told you last night?'

and on..and on..and on........

That must've been very hard.

How could you swallow that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

That must've been very hard

How could you swallow that?

...hoho that's what she told me last night anyway...'

..hoho...I bet she had no trouble swallowing it last night....

• Advertisement

gramar wrote: »
    ...hoho that's what she told me last night anyway...'

..hoho...I bet she had no trouble swallowing it last night....

was this who told you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Tomato sauce sachets!

Fcuking mind of their own spraying everywhere but the fcuking plate :(

You need to get the Blenders sachets, they're the business. No spraying wildly there!

Padkir wrote: »
    You need to get the Blenders sachets, they're the business. No spraying wildly there!

I couldn't really say to them in the restaurant "Take these away and bring me some Blenders sachets!", wouldn't mind but I rarely ever touch condiments with my food as I always somehow manage to make a mess, feckin' sprayed my white shirt when the sachet flipped between my fingers as I was squeezing it out on my chips! :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 39 atourdeforce

I see in several places driving 2 black rubber or wire things laid out on the road. They seem to be in a few places. Its annoying me what the hell their for!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

People using their positions in their job to get gossip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Yup. My brother had an entire module on Garda Speak. I remember him asking us to do role play with him, over and over. Sitting in the car with him saying, "would you mynd stepping owt o the veh-hicle sir?" twenty times...

Next Module: "Have you drink taken?"

Repeat:
    Have you drink tayyyyyyyyyyyyyy-kin?

Use your inner culchie.

Feel the wind and the rain.

:D

Another trivial thing that annoys me is that you are allowed to report your own posts on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

The odd time I'm sent out on the floor to collect classes at work (I work in a nightclub).

The amount of ignorant prícks I have purposely blocking my way when I'm carrying a stack of 20 glasses is unreal, they think they're so funny. There's only so many times you can be ignored when you say "Excuse me" before you just starting blowing into anyone that gets in your way.

I know drunk people are less socially aware but jesus christ, check there isn't some poor 5ft 1in girl behind you before you start busting ridiculous moves, because more likely than not, your probably going to either knock her out with a headbutt, knock the glassware out of her hands, or be so much in her way that she can't move and ends up dropping stuff trying to navigate around you.

Cannot emphasise enough how much this annoys me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    The odd time I'm sent out on the floor to collect classes at work (I work in a nightclub).

The amount of ignorant prícks I have purposely blocking my way when I'm carrying a stack of 20 glasses is unreal, they think they're so funny. There's only so many times you can be ignored when you say "Excuse me" before you just starting blowing into anyone that gets in your way.

I know drunk people are less socially aware but jesus christ, check there isn't some poor 5ft 1in girl behind you before you start busting ridiculous moves, because more likely than not, your probably going to either knock her out with a headbutt, knock the glassware out of her hands, or be so much in her way that she can't move and ends up dropping stuff trying to navigate around you.

Cannot emphasise enough how much this annoys me!

Where do you work, I'll be there saturday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

I see in several places driving 2 black rubber or wire things laid out on the road. They seem to be in a few places. Its annoying me what the hell their for!!!

I think their sensors for counting the amount of cars that pass over them.
    Could be wrong though!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement