Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

gramar wrote: »
    instead of counselling ask for a transfer to the prosthesis ward and tell them to strap something on!

Ask for Dr Ivor Chopabolikov.................He performs Strapadictomies:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

And everyone in the 1970's and 1980's died a week later after drinking milk that was a bit iffy.

Do you understand what average life expectancy is?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

Parking machines that don't accept the new-style €5 notes. Some days I've had a fiver on me but it was the new one, so I had to break a €20 or €50 just for the sake of it in the hope of getting a 'classic' €5 note. Which never happens, it's always the new version, prompting an embarrassing request to the till clerk to swap it for either a 'classic' fiver or change in coins.

It's been at least six months since the new fivers were brought in. Surely the machines can be programmed to take the new fivers, or else get in new bloody machines ye Luddites!!

And there is my trivial rant for the day! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

Go to barbers for a haircut,I've a big bald patch so not much to cut,€12
    Little kid comes in with a massive mop of hair on him ...€6 WTF ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

pebbles21 wrote: »
    Go to barbers for a haircut,I've a big bald patch so not much to cut,€12
    Little kid comes in with a massive mop of hair on him ...€6 WTF ??

I get annoyed when there are fellas in barbers ahead of me with tight haircuts who you think would need about 2 minutes but who take ages getting it cut or styled of whatever they do.

I have a decent enough mop and it only takes 10 minutes to cut it with a scissors but these lads take about half an hour asking for these millimetric
    touches here and there with the trimmer. Then they stand there when it's my turn looking in the mirror and flicking at the little bit that's left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

Subway Person: What would you like?
    Me: Gis a roll and butter it would ya.
    Subway Person: We don't do butter.
    Me: What the hell do you mean you don't 'do' butter? You know this is Ireland right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Mousewar wrote: »
    Me: What the hell do you mean you don't 'do' butter? You know this is Ireland right?
    Am I the only one who immediately thought of this? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

I find myself getting more and more annoyed by the "can't post the pic so post a screenshot of the pic on my phone" rubbish. First it started with big black borders but now it's full screenshots so I can delight in the time it was taken and what network the phone is on. FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Subway person: What would you like
    me: hearty italian, meatball and cheese, thats it no sauces, toppings or anything else
    Subway Person: Any salad or toppings?
    Me: ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

Subway don't do butter???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I used to work with a woman, who every Monday morning would do the quiz , did you go out sat nite etc etc

Her: Did have a nice dinner on Sunday, what did you have?
    Me: Yeah, blah blah
    Her: We had lovely roast chicken, mash, peas and Lovely roast potatoes that I did in the deep fat fryer
    Me: Er, so you had deep fried potatoes?
    Her: yes, roasted ones
    Me: well, you have to roast "roasted potatoes" in the oven, what you had was deep fried potatoes, nice I am sure.
    Her:No, these ARE roasted, just in the deep fat fryer
    Me: (while stabbing her with a crap pen in the eyeball) Fuuuuck off.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Paddy Fields

Homemaker. :confused: My mother went to the grave seemingly contented in life at being a housewife. What is wrong with being a housewife and what for that matter is a homemaker? A 45 year old woman that is handy with hod carrying, plastering, plumbing and electrics?

I better pi55 off for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

People who use your name constantly during a conversation over the phone,

"Krudler is it? hi krudler how are you krudler, can I pay my bill krudler that's great krudler"

Jesus christ stopppp!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

krudler wrote: »

"Krudler is it? hi krudler how are you krudler, can I pay my bill krudler that's great krudler"

Jesus christ stopppp!

I have a loopy cousin who's the opposite. Gets highly offended if you dare send her a text without her name in it.
    "My name is Mary. I was christened you know."

alright krudler, calm down krudler.

*twitch*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I used to work with a woman, who every Monday morning would do the quiz , did you go out sat nite etc etc

Her: Did have a nice dinner on Sunday, what did you have?
    Me: Yeah, blah blah
    Her: We had lovely roast chicken, mash, peas and Lovely roast potatoes that I did in the deep fat fryer
    Me: Er, so you had deep fried potatoes?
    Her: yes, roasted ones
    Me: well, you have to roast "roasted potatoes" in the oven, what you had was deep fried potatoes, nice I am sure.
    Her:No, these ARE roasted, just in the deep fat fryer
    Me: (while stabbing her with a crap pen in the eyeball) Fuuuuck off.

lol :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

krudler wrote: »

Jesus christ stopppp!

haha I read your post without looking at your username and was like wtf? I've never heard of that happening :D

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭kitnan

On the topic of names, it gets annoying if someone mishears your name but uses it too much in the ensuing sentences, which pretty much closes the window of time you have to correct them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Untouchable Peasant

When it rains the silver stud things on the ground around the Spire get really slippy.

It really trivially annoys me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

People who talk about themselves in the third person.

Being questioned by a female co-worker about what you had for lunch. It's not so much about what you had, but lets go into every fookin minute detail. Look, I ordered food, it came back cooked, I ate it, I was happy, end of story. But what did you have, I have no fookin idea. Jeez, why do women do that.

Phone shops that have phones or other devices on display and you go up to the counter and ask if you can see such and such a model. No, sorry we cant show you that. Why not? We don't have it in stock. But it's out there on the shop floor on display in glorious fookin 3D technicolour for all to see. We don't have it in stock. Well why the hell is it on display if you don't have it in stock....... grrrrrrrrrr. Same thing in a local PC World shop recently, USB 'broadband' (joke) dongles on display, not one of the feckers on sale.:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭kitnan

People that hark on about how great it is to have a HD tv but it then turns out they don't actually watch any HD sources.

People who talk about themselves in the third person.

only The Rock can get away with that :pac:

OhHiMark wrote: »
    Do you understand what average life expectancy is?

Yes, everyone in the 1970's died at age 35.

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Ask for Dr Ivor Chopabolikov.................He performs Strapadictomies:P

I heard Dr. Ben Dover is a much better man to go and, ahem, 'see'. Apparently his wife, Eileen Dover helps him sometimes.

Phone shops that have phones or other devices on display and you go up to the counter and ask if you can see such and such a model. No, sorry we cant show you that. Why not? We don't have it in stock. But it's out there on the shop floor on display in glorious fookin 3D technicolour for all to see. We don't have it in stock. Well why the hell is it on display if you don't have it in stock....... grrrrrrrrrr. Same thing in a local PC World shop recently, USB 'broadband' (joke) dongles on display, not one of the feckers on sale.:mad::mad:

I don't get it. If it's already out on display 'for all to see', why are you going up asking to see it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Yes, everyone in the 1970's died at age 35.

Nah, **** it. I can't engage with this kind of ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

The Guinness ad with the friends playing wheelchair basketball to make their disabled friend included in the group.

Nice ad, but that gowl singing the falsetto???

:mad: :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

When people (ladies, I'm looking at you) write or say "swit-swoo".

• Advertisement

F**ks who always have to get the last word in. It's a forum where you blow off steam, get over yourselves.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement