Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

When people get on a the bus and open a window. They get little to no benefit from it but the rest of my journey is spent in a wind tunnel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

When people get on a the bus and open a window. They get little to no benefit from it but the rest of my journey is spent in a wind tunnel.

OldNotWise is that you?

Have to agree though. That drives me f**king mental. Particularly on a cold morning. It turns a tolerable bus journey into something akin to sitting in the nip on a deckchair in Siberia in the middle of December.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    People who speak too loudly, AND mumblers.

People who ask you a question, and when you are half way thru the reply, they ask another question and/or answer their own original question, and then they take umbrage when you tell them you can only answer one question at a time.

People who don't wait their f*cking turn to speak. I have just listened to all you have said without interrupting, please allow me the same courtesy. Motherf*cker :pac:

OldNotWIse wrote: »

Youtube's blocked :rolleyes:

I may remember to come back and look later ;)

• Advertisement

Plus it messes my hair :D

When people get on a the bus and open a window. They get little to no benefit from it but the rest of my
    journey is spent in a wind tunne
    l.

There. All better now. :D You're post needed a bit of ONW lovin' ;)

People who don't wait their f*cking turn to speak. I have just listened to all you have said without interrupting, please allow me the same courtesy. Motherf*cker :pac:

What? Sorry I couldnt hear you there with all the motherfuuckers talking over you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

We've a guy in work like that - doesn't matter what you're doing, who you're talking to, if you're on the phone or whatever he just rocks up and starts splurting, not even a hello usually - it's bizzarre, almost autistic in fact, he seems to just completely lack the comprehension that there are unspoken rules to human interaction!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Mint Aero wrote: »
    Kittensoft Ad.

Emma....emma.....emma...emma?....emma!

For those who don't watch licenced television. It's an ad for Kittensoft toilet tissue featuring a stereotypical office type and his ipad. He goes around the house tormenting his poor missus about his stupid ipad as only an apple fanboy could. He is irritating. The ad however is delicious in its finale as it shows him taking a poo after a curry as all office types indulge in. Out of toilet paper he summons his now demented wife to pass bog roll but instead she slips the ipad with a pic of sh*tting tickets on it under the door.

Wipe your hole with an ipad. Very good Kittensoft, thank you. :)
    That ad kind of sums up things in our house. My husband and I both read a lot and he's always trying to persuade me to get an E reader, he has a Kindle and a Kindle Fire, but I prefer real books, I'm a purist/dinosaur:D

• Advertisement

The new campaign to "tackle childhood obesity" - mere propoganda to pave the way for a fat and sugar tax. It wont make a blinder of a difference to the knobs who feed sh1te to their offspring...all it does is annoy those of us who dont have kids. More drivel in the postbox last night - shall I reply with postet saying, "four legs and 100g Royal Canin per day - ok????!" :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 326 ✭✭Savoir.Faire

The new typeface in the Irish Times. It's rather jarring.

Anne Hathaway's version of I dreamed a Dream in Les Miserables.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

The new campaign to "tackle childhood obesity" - mere propoganda to pave the way for a fat and sugar tax. It wont make a blinder of a difference to the knobs who feed sh1te to their offspring...all it does is annoy those of us who dont have kids. More drivel in the postbox last night - shall I reply with postet saying, "four legs and 100g Royal Canin per day - ok????!" :D

It is possible for humans to live on this and thrive, the downside is after approx six weeks, they start to lick their own genitals, not a pretty sight in Dunnes on a Sat afternoon.................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Could childhood obesity not be tackled by getting the kids off their arses and away from the Playstation? A bit of excersise would do them the world of good. I remember Christmas days when the local kids would be out on their new bikes, scooters, now you rarely see any of them outdoors.

We've a guy in work like that - doesn't matter what you're doing, who you're talking to, if you're on the phone or whatever he just rocks up and starts splurting, not even a hello usually - it's bizzarre, almost autistic in fact, he seems to just completely lack the comprehension that there are unspoken rules to human interaction!

Snap. Woman beside me is exactly the same. Just starts talking at me, even if I'm on the phone :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Could childhood obesity not be tackled by getting the kids off their arses and away from the Playstation? A bit of excersise would do them the world of good. I remember Christmas days when the local kids would be out on their new bikes, scooters, now you rarely see any of them outdoors.

Correct-and-right. When I was a kid I, like most other kids, binged on ice-pops, lemonade, chocolate and (horror-of-horrors) sugar sandwiches! Imagine that one on Joe Duffy now. I didn't die once, nor get fat, nor did any of the other younglads, because in between eating sh!te we were running around like lunatics and falling out of trees.

Can't let them out now cause everyone's a pervert :P

Snap. Woman beside me is exactly the same. Just starts talking at me, even if I'm on the phone :rolleyes:

That drives me fuucking meeeeeeental!!!!! "See this piece of plastic at the side of my face? It's not a growth, its a fuucking phone" :rolleyes:

I called someone on it one day and said, "do you mind, I'm on the phone and therefore cant talk to you". Her response? "You're talking to me now aren't you"

..blows gasket :pac:

One that crops up on Gigs and Events forum often, having posted it myself. Yapping idiots at gigs, some folk were going on about the recent Billy Joel gig, the same with Bat for Lashes at Electric Picnic 2012, could not hear Natasha at times because of the conversationalists :mad:

Was at the Ennio Morricone concert in Kilmainham in Aug, was driven nuts by nattering assholes arriving late, then its "oh look Breda is over here yap yap" and then up and down to buy overpriced Pinot More, in a plastic cup, I mean at +100 euro for a ticket, fond as I am of a snifter of port, I can do without one for a couple of hours......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Paddy Fields

Extremely stupid people on quiz shows. If the question is tough then I can understand but question now on Tipping Point is Hanoi is the capital of what country and she answers Japan. FFS are these people vetted before going on? I'd have thought a 10 year-old would get that!

The way shops make you sign for a refund or exchange - even when its their own bloody fault, like an item being mis-labelled or you being overcharged. What do they do with the signatures? Keep a file on everyone and then one day just accuse you of scamming cause you've claimed too many refunds? Also, I grew up in the age of data protection - things like this make me roar! :D

Got one of my posts removed from a thread last week, trivial and annoying. I just tried to inject a little humour in to it.....some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Dubchild

I annoy me :D The other week i was raking up the leaves and i left the thing by a bin i have outside the back kitchen for papers to burn, just as it's getting dark at 5.30ish i decide to go out and put a few glass jars in me tub for recycling and i had some paper for the bin. Dashing back to put paper in i step fast and hard on the rake facing outwards :eek: ohh jesus i had an awful belt of it and after a very sore bruised forehead. A few days later i had a black eye from the blow. Lesson learnt NEVER leave a rake facing outwards. I could have passed out, It sounds like a good clip for candid camera or benny hill :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

The way shops make you sign for a refund or exchange - even when its their own bloody fault, like an item being mis-labelled or you being overcharged. What do they do with the signatures? Keep a file on everyone and then one day just accuse you of scamming cause you've claimed too many refunds? Also, I grew up in the age of data protection - things like this make me roar! :D

You're under no obligation as far as I know to sign their stupid sh*t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

People who have conversations on the phone for the benefit of the other people around then to hear.

A woman in the hospital, on the phone here, presumably to her friend, telling her friend "I travelled from xx to yy and that was 150 miles round trip" ect. She continued on this for about 10 mins.

Then she turned around to me and started telling me the exact same story. Then she asked me if there was a late night chemist in town, I was trying to explain where there was, she kept interrupting me telling me she had 5 people to text, then a call came thru and she had to answer it, before explaining to me why she had to get it lol.

Then afterwards she was trying to ask about the chemist again and I pretended I didn't hear her. Donkey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

Always wondered about this behaviour too. It happened to me twice in the past year when I had to return items to two separate shops. Out comes the docket book with the sheet of carbon paper, for fook sake who still uses that, your man for Open All Hours???? Signature, date, address, reason for returning goods. What is done with this information?:confused:

With all the amazing processing power available on something like a phone why is it that ATMs can't have checked which notes they have available before asking how much I want?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Extremely stupid people on quiz shows. If the question is tough then I can understand but question now on Tipping Point is Hanoi is the capital of what country and she answers Japan. FFS are these people vetted before going on? I'd have thought a 10 year-old would get that!

Saw one a while ago where some woman thought the rings on the Olympic flag represented the Commonwealth.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Recently getting annoyed by a radio advert for Elephant Storage.ie

Nought nought, nought nought, nought nought :confused:

You'd have to hear it to appreciate how anoying it is :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement