Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Sigourney

Dubchild wrote: »
    I annoy me :D The other week i was raking up the leaves and i left the thing by a bin i have outside the back kitchen for papers to burn, just as it's getting dark at 5.30ish i decide to go out and put a few glass jars in me tub for recycling and i had some paper for the bin. Dashing back to put paper in i step fast and hard on the rake facing outwards :eek: ohh jesus i had an awful belt of it and after a very sore bruised forehead. A few days later i had a black eye from the blow. Lesson learnt NEVER leave a rake facing outwards. I could have passed out, It sounds like a good clip for candid camera or benny hill :rolleyes:

You annoy me. If you put my rake away like that, I'd ram it up your hole. Not to mention the health and safety implications. What do you use to set fire to your papers in the bin? Napalm?
    I also hate predictive text.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

With all the amazing processing power available on something like a phone why is it that ATMs can't have checked which notes they have available before asking how much I want?

+1, AND why do they offer a receipt, if the stupid printer has run out of paper, so can't print the thing, so it later in the transaction says, sorry, we can't perform your request. That's always assuming that the printer has got a print ribbon with some ink left, which can't be relied on.

Then there's the new LATM lodgement machines that don't have the ability to allocate a unique reference number to the transaction like the old paper lodgements had, so at the end of the month, there's a whole page of identical reference lodgements with LATM 909999 4556 as the description. Really good for an audit control or checking procedure. NOT!

Probably programmed by the same g**sh**e that thinks that grey text on a black background on a web site is "cool". Yeah, and unreadable!

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

+1, AND why do they offer a receipt, if the stupid printer has run out of paper, so can't print the thing, so it later in the transaction says, sorry, we can't perform your request. That's always assuming that the printer has got a print ribbon with some ink left, which can't be relied on.

Then there's the new LATM lodgement machines that don't have the ability to allocate a unique reference number to the transaction like the old paper lodgements had, so at the end of the month, there's a whole page of identical reference lodgements with LATM 909999 4556 as the description. Really good for an audit control or checking procedure. NOT!

Probably programmed by the same g**sh**e that thinks that grey text on a black background on a web site is "cool". Yeah, and unreadable!
    It really is amazing how poor the programming for banks is, and it ain't just the front-end stuff either. A friend started working for a company that does back-end stuff a few years back and he couldn't believe what he was working on. It's all so outdated and patched-up that improvements are incredibly difficult. The security is laughable as well, in the space of half an hour he showed me (who can barely get past HTML) half a dozen vulnerabilities that once someone knows about them are insanely easy to access. And that's just in back-end payment processing, never mind the bits between that and the front-end.

Stupid banks :P

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Michael Noonan's insistence on calling next year "two fourteen". :mad:

Two fourteen is eighteen fcuking hundred years ago, you halfwit.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭HomelessMidge

I hate it when with a tablet packet, I start it on one end and someone then starts in the opposite end. Or when there's a certain amount of pain killers that are intended to be taken 2 at a time and someone takes 1 messing up the whole system!

Can't stand when someone leaves a disc out of its case or just puts it in a random one! I lose the head over that one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    People who ask you a question, and when you are half way thru the reply, they ask another question and/or answer their own original question, and then they take umbrage when you tell them you can only answer one question at a time.

Yes, i hate this.

Also people who ask you a question, but instead of letting your answer they just answer themselves.

Idiot: So what did you do at the weekend?

Me: *Intake of breath, about to answer*

Idiot: Myself and the wife went to Howth and ate some lovely seafood, sure twas grand weather for it. Did you ever eat in Howth?

Me: ...

Idiot: (Continuing unabated) We never had before but ah sure twas lovely so twas. What about yourself, what did the kids get up to?

Me: ...

Idiot: Becuase y'know yourself, our lot just want to play Xbox all the time, sure isn't it so hard to get them to go out and play?

THIS GOES ON FOR TEN MINUTES.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Always wondered about this behaviour too. It happened to me twice in the past year when I had to return items to two separate shops. Out comes the docket book with the sheet of carbon paper, for fook sake who still uses that, your man for Open All Hours???? Signature, date, address, reason for returning goods. What is done with this information?:confused:

I presume it's kept in case there's a problem with the transaction/returned item.

I once returned something to Brown Thomas, which I paid for by credit card/laser. I received a letter a few weeks later asking me to contact them regarding the transaction. When I went in, they told me they the incorrectly credited my card with €750, rather than €75!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

people who still say pounds instead of euro, we've had the euro for over a decade now you simpleton.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Anyone know who this Roy Keane guy is ................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

The Big Bang Theory, I caught about 2 minutes of it last night. Do people actually think it's funny?
    It's pure dirt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

When the app store for iphone tells me I need to update my apps in order to fix some bugs, but won't actually let me update the apps and keeps saying "Retry".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

When the stalk end of a carrot makes its way onto the dinner plate. I could kill someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Spending ages trying to decide to put for my 3,000 post, fecking doing my head in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Whats annoying me this week is that it's my birthday in a few days and three groups of people expect me to be at three different places at once.
    Family want me at home, college friends want me in the pub in town and school friends want me in the local. Head is wrecked :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,600 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Folk who have about 20 old tax disc's under their current one on their windscreen.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Lately I've noticed this. People pushing their way onto a train without letting the people who are standing at the door get of first, it's unreal.

Also at the top of the ramp to Connolly platform 6&7 people just get to the top and stop, blocking up the whole thing as they look around clueless. Here's a tip, the platforms are about 20m wide and 450m long, move the feck out of the way and stop blocking up a choke point. Evolution has failed, I'm convinced of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭HomelessMidge

Whats annoying me this week is that it's my birthday in a few days and three groups of people expect me to be at three different places at once.
    Family want me at home, college friends want me in the pub in town and school friends want me in the local. Head is wrecked :(

Family, then its not favoritism over one group of friends and everyone is happy. Tell the lads you will meet up another day. Sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Family, then its not favoritism over one group of friends and everyone is happy. Tell the lads you will meet up another day. Sorted.

Yeah but my family are boring :L think I'll stick with the college friends. Not sure yet :L

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Yeah but my family are boring :L think I'll stick with the college friends. Not sure yet :L

Whoever will give best presents............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

People who lick their fingers when turning pages. Usually old folk. Dirty bastards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Men with long fingernails, I'm looking at one now in a cafe ,he looks normal in all other respects , turning me off my coffee , the freak !, which reminds me of those guys who keep one thumbnail long for " playing my guitar" , cut it you duuurtburd!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

mutley18 wrote: »
    People who lick their fingers when turning pages. Usually old folk. Dirty bastards.

That's one that's irritated me since junior infants when our teacher used read us a story, and as she was nearing the end of the page, out comes the tongue and she draws her index finger down it, slobbers, and turns the page...

I just sat there aghast thinking "Did she just... Ohh that was disgusting!" :(

Thank fcuk for E-readers nowadays!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

People who lick/suck their fingers clean after eating,get the fcuk out and wash your hands you dirty cnut. Also people who don't wash their hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

When landlords advertise that a king size bed is available and it is two single beds stuck together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Toilets in restaurants that have only one cubicle behind the door, and said cubicle being currently occupied by a woman who forgot to close the god damn door! :pac:

the amount of chung wans around Dublin sporting that scaldy greasy birds nest style hair bun on the top of their heads since it was made popular by that nordy girl stung for charlie in Peru.

Lately I've noticed this. People pushing their way onto a train without letting the people who are standing at the door get of first, it's unreal.

Also at the top of the ramp to Connolly platform 6&7 people just get to the top and stop, blocking up the whole thing as they look around clueless. Here's a tip, the platforms are about 20m wide and 450m long, move the feck out of the way and stop blocking up a choke point. Evolution has failed, I'm convinced of it.

I was getting off a dart at pearse the other day at about 17:00. except I couldn't get off because of all the people trying to get on right at the door, there was literally no gap. I had had a very bad day and just saw red
    I let a roar "MAKE WAY, WINDOWLICKERS !!"
    The crowd parted like the dead sea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I was getting off a dart at pearse the other day at about 17:00. except I couldn't get off because of all the people trying to get on right at the door, there was literally no gap. I had had a very bad day and just saw red
    I let a roar "MAKE WAY, WINDOWLICKERS !!"
    The crowd parted like the dead sea.

I take it your not an Aphex Twin fan by any chance.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement