Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

I was getting off a dart at pearse the other day at about 17:00. except I couldn't get off because of all the people trying to get on right at the door, there was literally no gap. I had had a very bad day and just saw red
    I let a roar "MAKE WAY, WINDOWLICKERS !!"
    The crowd parted like the dead sea.

ahem...err..it was the...ammm... red sea....but anyway...I know you've had a bad day...
    I'll go back to licking the windows...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭mattser

Just this evening on RTE Radio news the reader was talking about the storm in the Phillipines. She quotes the Prime Minister and then plays a clip of him saying exactly what she quoted. Newsreaders do it all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

Went to the 10 or less checkout. Old guy in front of me with half a trolley full of stuff gets there two seconds before me.....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

gramar wrote: »
    ahem...err..it was the...ammm... red sea....but anyway...I know you've had a bad day...
    I'll go back to licking the windows...

woops red sea quite right

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

the donor site (where they took the skin for my skin graft) is leaking. it's normal, it's nothng to worry about or go to the doctor about.. but it just wont ****ing stop. it smells bad, it feels awful and is just generally disgusting.

thought i was done with the leaking when nothing happened all day long but the last hour has just been.. drip..drip...drip

going to be sleeping on a towel tonight :/

• Advertisement

The man on youtube that keeps telling me I've been obese for a long time now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The man on youtube that keeps telling me I've been obese for a long time now.

Ad block plus and Popup blocker, sorted.

Commas being used as apostrophes. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Going spare about losing my game disc only to find it lurking in a nest of dust bunnies when I pull back the curtains.
    Spent a good two hours going mad trying to find it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Pluralising surnames for no reason, e.g. "good save there by Shay Givens". It's especially unforgivable when in writing, really winds me up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Billy86 wrote: »
    Pluralising surnames for no reason, e.g. "good save there by Shay Givens". It's especially unforgivable when in writing, really winds me up.

you don't dream of a team of Gary Breens then !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    you don't dream of a team of Gary Breens then !
    Ah, well that's when there's 11 of them remember. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

the donor site (where they took the skin for my skin graft) is leaking. it's normal, it's nothng to worry about or go to the doctor about.. but it just wont ****ing stop. it smells bad, it feels awful and is just generally disgusting.

thought i was done with the leaking when nothing happened all day long but the last hour has just been.. drip..drip...drip

going to be sleeping on a towel tonight :/
    Jesus, I almost puked reading that.
    Hope you feel better soon Digby!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭darlett

Ah yes that reminds me. I hate when commentators, pundits and other bull****ters say something like "this might be the last tournament for the likes of the shay givens, the richard dunnes, the damien duffs, maybe even the robbie keanes of this Irish squad".

Eh. Its not the likes of the shay givens, the richard dunnes, the damien duffs, maybe even the robbie keanes of this Irish squad. We only have one of each. Just name them. Dammit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Candie wrote: »
    Commas being used as apostrophes. :(

Have to go checking my last few posts now, paranoid about my spelling and grammar! :o

Damn that,s annoying! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 16,623 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Sports fans (usually football, in my experience) who justify a horrible refereeing decision in their favour by pointing out an earlier, debatable, inconsequential decision, and arguing that these things 'even themselves out.'

And the opposing fans who rightly point out the nonsense of this argument, yet will be making the same paper-thin argument themselves a few weeks later after it happens to their team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Miley cyrus, im fed up of seeing her on tv wearing as little as possible and her stupid tongue out of her mouth like a cow lickin her calf, her whole im a grown up now and i know what sex is image is pissing me off, shes on tv way too much

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Cycling Dumbasses

Taking bog roll after having a ghostie and wasting it cause you wiped it, should have trusted instincts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Young lads taking the piss.
    Give them an inch and they take a mile.

Long story, cant go into it. Fuming here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭Lingua Franca

People embellishing stories with easily disprovable facts.

Take the recent footage of the attack on Celtic fans by Ajax fans in Amsterdam. That should be deplorable enough on it's own but people are claiming that children and old men eating their dinner were attacked. It's a pub slap bang in the middle of in the red light district. It doesn't allow children in and it doesn't serve food!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Whats annoying me this week is that it's my birthday in a few days and three groups of people expect me to be at three different places at once.
    Family want me at home, college friends want me in the pub in town and school friends want me in the local. Head is wrecked :(
    People with friends and family , they're so smug !:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭wow sierra

That particular one is an age thing - people who thought the name was Givens because of Don Givens when Shay started playing years ago. Tis easy confuse us:P

I hate Michael Noonan sayin 2 14 two fourteen when he is talking about 2014 - it's two thousand and fourteen or twenty fourteen. FFS
    Although I suppose it diverts me from what rubbish he is spouting about the future of our economy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

People driving out the entrance of a car park, rather than driving out the exit, both clearly marked, and with arrows showing the way. I had this yesterday, I was driving into a supermarket car park. A woman started to drive towards me. I stopped the car, as there isn't space to pass. I could almost hear the sighs as she had to reverse and actually go out the exit.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Two more:

- when paying at the till and the person who was behind you in the queue ends up standing beside you as you enter your pin/pay the cashier. Back the fcuk up, it's so rude.

- charities/salespeople etc. calling to my door and getting all defensive when I tell them I don't do any of that stuff at my front door with a complete stranger. "Oh but your neighbours did".... bully for them. I know it's a ****ty job calling door to door, but if I'm not interested, just go without the defensive crap!

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Gamayun

Strobe lighting.

I find it irritating and it's actively dangerous for many people. Would a concert/video be any less of a spectacle without it? Would people miss it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Stop feeling/pinching/mushing that row of loaves with your freckled cloven claw, you old krone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

People in lidl and aldi reaching over you to grab the "next customer please" thing. Just wait will you, the conveyor is about 15foot long, I'm not going to run out the door with your bag of oranges and slab of Galahad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Amalgam wrote: »
    Stop feeling/pinching/mushing that row of loaves with your freckled cloven claw, you old krone.

I think you'll find they are not freckles but liver spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I live in what might be called a working class area, which seems to be a euphemism for "majority have never work a day in their lives".Kunts constantly skipping the entire queue in lidl "coz oy ownly have a feew bits for da kids" ie: a slicepan and 3 flaggons of cheap cider.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I think you'll find they are not freckles but liver spots.
    It's even worse when they're fondling loose rolls, I can't buy loose rolls anymore:(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement