Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I always have a tough time on the bus. I'm inherently cranky, I'm not a morning person and I'm not a people person. In fact, I hate people. So buses are a pure nightmare for me. I always figured that 08:45 was a terrible time to be getting the bus as thats when they are at their busiest and full of trivial annoyances. This morning I got one early so that I could avoid some of these people and what happened? Either they all got up earlier also and got the same bus or (and I dont even want to consider this) there are more of them than I thought - getting buses all morning ever morning :( Trivially annoying passengers operating on more than one bus and at more than one time. Good God :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    People using the word "build" as a noun rather than a verb. wtf is that about?

"Build" is often used by engineers and in my own particular experience, software developers, to refer to different versions of software -

http://www.tldp.org/REF/CVS-BestPractices/html/section1-softwarebuild.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Having a fight with someone over something stupid, apologising and clearing the air and having the fight over and done with, and then having the other person a day later bringing back up the same fight and starting it all over again.

Jesus! If you're still angry about it dont apologise

Czarcasm wrote: »
    "Build" is often used by engineers and in my own particular experience, software developers, to refer to different versions of software -

http://www.tldp.org/REF/CVS-BestPractices/html/section1-softwarebuild.html

I know, that's what I was referring to! "Oh we're starting a new build on Monday" :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

the amount of chung wans around Dublin sporting that scaldy greasy birds nest style hair bun on the top of their heads since it was made popular by that nordy girl stung for charlie in Peru.

"Chung wans"......love it

• Advertisement

I always have a tough time on the bus. I'm inherently cranky, I'm not a morning person and I'm not a people person. In fact, I hate people. So buses are a pure nightmare for me. I always figured that 08:45 was a terrible time to be getting the bus as thats when they are at their busiest and full of trivial annoyances. This morning I got one early so that I could avoid some of these people and what happened? Either they all got up earlier also and got the same bus or (and I dont even want to consider this) there are more of them than I thought - getting buses all morning ever morning :( Trivially annoying passengers operating on more than one bus and at more than one time. Good God :eek:

Bus Bastards............all of em:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Went on a bus for nearly 4 hours. Behind me was a group of teenage girls going down to Galway. Some highlights include:

A debate about if their dole will be cut if they dont go to a workshop.
    1 of them thinking she was hilarious for naming out every sign along the way.
    Hearing about how much they need to smoke and how long a journey it is.
    One of them cried at the end of Twilight.
    Playing such greatest hits by Niki Minaj.
    Thinking they could sing.
    They need to take a photo in a nightclub so people know they were there, otherwise people wont believe them.
    Saying to each other "omg you're such a freak" or "omg we're being so loud"

From the sounds of it the highlight of their month tends to be going to the farmers market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

The ONLY way to survive a bus journey is with an Ipod or some other means of blocking out the noise of other people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭smeedyova

People on the bus/train who sit in silence and don't support me when I tell the anti-social people screaming into their phones/blasting their music, etc., etc., to be quiet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I hate when I get teary eyed over happy things, it's very embarassing and I don't do crying. A typical example was getting all blubbery at the John Lewis Christmas ad with the bear and the hare. I have to make a quick and discreet exit from the room:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

The ONLY way to survive a bus journey is with an Ipod or some other means of blocking out the noise of other people.

So true! I stepped on my earphones cable the other night by accident and the tension broke the connectors, bloody irritating that I can't shut out the noise of the world, can't wait to get down to Currys after work for another pair! :(

I hate when I get teary eyed over happy things, it's very embarassing and I don't do crying. A typical example was getting all blubbery at the John Lewis Christmas ad with the bear and the hare. I have to make a quick and discreet exit from the room:o

My wife was the same the other night, I looked over and she was welling up, I was just... "dafuq??" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

pubs that don't have Budweiser - not just none on draft, none at all

that would be like a newsagent not having the Irish Examiner

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Well.. more like a newsagent not having the Daily Star

Budweiser is awful pish.

Going to Currys for anything

maximoose wrote: »
    Well.. more like a newsagent not having the Daily Star

Budweiser is awful pish.

Said it before, Bud make great ads, pity they get the beer from the horses:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Garzard

Seeing people wear PJ's outdoors. Nearly every night recently when I visit my local Spar or Chinese there's women doing this. Just looks scummy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭smeedyova

Drivers who break red lights and block pedestrian crossing when light is green, and don't even have the decency to look ashamed.

Happens in Dublin City Centre a million times a day.

Cameras sending out automatic fines for breaking red lights would be an amazing source of revenue for the state.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

More pubs should stock less sh1te beer :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Czarcasm wrote: »
    can't wait to get down to Currys after work for another pair! :(
    eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Going to Currys for anything

hmmmm

where is this magical place?

smeedyova wrote: »
    Drivers who break red lights and block pedestrian crossing when light is green, and don't even have the decency to look ashamed.

Happens in Dublin City Centre a million times a day.

Cameras sending out automatic fines for breaking red lights would be an amazing source of revenue for the state.

Indeed. Gone are the days when you can take off once your light turns green as there will usually be some bint still completing their turn, having clearly gone through on the red, never mind the amber. I always have to give it a second or three!

Also annoying - those road warriors who beep you for not turning when the oncoming light is green (and nothing approaching) but the filter light is red. I can understand the frustration but seriously - there's a red fuucking light! The next idiot who beeps me for not breaking the law will be sorry! I'll just park the fuucking thing where it is.

• Advertisement

Cuisine de France bread................absolute gooey crap. No self respecting French person would be caught dead near it.

Flicked the Late Late show on the other nite, just to see what Tubridy was wearing, and lo and behold, Tommy christing Flemming was on, singing a U2 song. Now I am not a fan of Bonio, but I think he should be allowed beat this guy with a Stetson full of ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Indeed. Gone are the days when you can take off once your light turns green as there will usually be some bint still completing their turn, having clearly gone through on the red, never mind the amber. I always have to give it a second or three!

Also annoying - those road warriors who beep you for not turning when the oncoming light is green (and nothing approaching) but the filter light is red. I can understand the frustration but seriously - there's a red fuucking light! The next idiot who beeps me for not breaking the law will be sorry! I'll just park the fuucking thing where it is.

Where is there a red filter light? That sounds silly. Surely they just have respective green filters, and if the turning filter isn't on then you can't go?

Zillah wrote: »
    Where is there a red filter light? That sounds silly. Surely they just have respective green filters, and if the turning filter isn't on then you can't go?

Oh oh:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

Miley Cyrus. Every time she is on tv I find myself tutting at her behaviour and her dress. Makes me feel very old.

Zillah wrote: »

There's the normal green one for going straight. If its just that one then obviously you turn if its clear. There are also sets where one is green and a second set beside it shos a green arrow so obviously you can go then too. But the second set often has a red light for turning even though the going on straight light is green. I'm not makign it up! :)

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Oh oh:P

What? :confused: :eek:

Miley Cyrus. Every time she is on tv I find myself tutting at her behaviour and her dress. Makes me feel very old.

Attention seeking whore.....

...............and that Cyrus one is no better :P

What? :confused: :eek:

I thought you were gonna have a little rant:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

Attention seeking whore.....

...............and that Cyrus one is no better :P

Be seeing you later on the bus. Bring your A game.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement