Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭smeedyova

Most annoying/dangerous pedestrian crossing in Dublin...imo junction of George's St and Exchequer. Cars here almost always ignore green man and just plough through the crossing even when there are pedestrians on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I thought you were gonna have a little rant:)

Only if I was say, on a bus and someone beeped at the filter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Cuisine de France bread................absolute gooey crap. No self respecting French person would be caught dead near it.

I'd fully support a Gallic military intervention, on the understanding they'd lay waste to the Cuisine de France brand. Shoddy stuff indeed, but we appear to lap it up for some unfathomable reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

When you're ironing a shirt to go out on a Friday night, your mate sends you a text message and while reading it, the iron falls over and onto your shirt. So fookin annoying.

You're standing outside some supermarket, and an attractive woman comes over to you and starts making small talk. You think, wah hey, still got it. Then POW!, she hits you with it, can I interest you in Jesus? Awh fook, caught again, happens every time.

Big headed feckers who sit in front of you in the cinema. There's 150 seats in the cinema and he has to sit right in front of me, with his big head and his big hair and his loud clothes.... and then out comes the Tayto crisps, more annoyance and noise.

Women who can keep a conversation going all the way from Busaras in Dublin to Donegal with her friend Fidelma on the phone. That's a 4 hour journey, just in case you were wondering.

Having no batteries for the tv remote control. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭smeedyova

People who don't shower before getting into the swimming pool and staff who allow them to do it.

People who don't put a towel under themselves in the sauna and get up leaving behind a puddle of their sweat for the next person to sit in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

First, the attitude of craft beer types towards those who dont share their love for it. Rarely do they flat out say 'people who dont buy craft beers', its more often 'morons' and 'sheep' who have 'no sense of taste', who drink 'diageo piss/shít'.

Really makes craft beer heads sound like an endearing bunch to join....

Second, people who give out about Irish sport fans. Saying things like 'this country has no real sport fans' and 'Ireland only has event junkies'. These people must either want:

a) For every sport to have only a few hundred die hards at most to attend all the time from the most unattractive early season 1st rounds to the marquee top level finals, and that all the seasonal fairweather fans stay at home all the time and not dare grace sporting venues with their support and money.

b) For every sport to have a designated number of fans and that every fan follows that sport and that sport only, with absolutely no mixing or varied interests allowed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Ticketmaster Service Charges. €5.95 per ticket. It's completely ridiculous. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

People who put cutlery in the cutlery drawer the wrong way round and not neatly :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Ticketmaster Service Charges. €5.95 per ticket. It's completely ridiculous. :mad:

Service charge for ticket master pisses me off anyway.

The company is literally there to sell tickets. **** off with your "service charge"
    barmen don't get to add a service charge for giving you a pint

Arawn wrote: »
    Service charge for ticket master pisses me off anyway.

The company is literally there to sell tickets. **** off with your "service charge"
    barmen don't get to add a service charge for giving you a pint

What annoyed me about it was there was a service charge per ticket. A one off charge I could at least understand. Why on earth do they get €6 out of me for every ticket that I buy. It's no extra work for them at all. A service charge implies they would charge by transaction to me anyway.

Grrr :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

MurdyWurdy wrote: »

Jesus H. Christ! Per ticket!! :eek:

I must be well out of the loop as I haven't been to a "concert" concert in years (I'd go to the theatre or to music recitals in the university and stuff, but the last concert I was at was bloody Westlife a couple of years back), but even then it's like a €2 booking fee or something, is that what they're calling "service charges"?

Reminds me actually I've still to book tickets to see Mary Coughlan in Whelans on the 27th, on ticketmaster I think they're €15, and €20 on the door on the night, so I might nearly be better off to get them on the night on the door if ticketmaster charge an extra €6.50!

I know, per ticket. It's madness - they know you can't go and buy them elsewhere so they can charge what they want and you have to pay it. Disgraceful.

It's for Wicked in the Bord Gais theatre as well, not like a massive concert or anything.

It's not cheap licker. :(

It's cheap liquor.

Then again I could be completely misunderstanding what the poster was describing. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

When people get on a the bus and open a window. They get little to no benefit from it but the rest of my journey is spent in a wind tunnel.

NOOOOOOOOOO. Getting on a bus in winter (heat up full blast) and there isn't a single window open, and it smells of sickness, and BO, and fag smoke, and Lynz, and thrush.

Open the FRICKIN windows please!!!!! A wind tunnel is miles better than all of that!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

I have to agree, first thing I do when I get on the bus in the morning is open a window. The smell of people is unbearable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

NOOOOOOOOOO. Getting on a bus in winter (heat up full blast) and there isn't a single window open, and it smells of sickness, and BO, and fag smoke, and Lynz, and thrush.

Open the FRICKIN windows please!!!!! A wind tunnel is miles better than all of that!!

Jayzuz! :eek:

*shudders* :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

But the people always open the window just above them. It's the people2/3 seats behind that really get the wind in their face while the window opener enjoys a light breeze in their direction. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

A blocked nose that's STILL runny so ya can't even have the sniffles, it just bloody leaks everywhere randomly.

Pick one nose, PICK ONE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭poundapunnet

Ugh yeah, I hate that, you feel like you're getting sick yourself within minutes of being on it.

But I have to say you have an impressive sense of smell, it's times like these I'm glad I've been smoking for ten years, I've obviously forgotten how bad the world smells.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Paddy Fields

Space exploration: Send a spaceship off to see if there is life on Mars costing billions of Dollars. Maybe it's just me but I don't give a flying tuppeny fook if there are little green men lurking around Uranus it just doesn't excite me. Then there might be some dork getting interviewed on BBC as Ziggy Moondust IV has discovered a lake on Mars, well woopee fukken doo excuse me while I mop my piss off the floor as I'm so excited. Would this money not be better spent in Africa or as of now helping to rebuild the lives of those affected by typhoon Haiyan?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭mossy95

When you are waiting right beside the traffic lights for some time and someone comes up to press the button. So feckin annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭poundapunnet

Space exploration: Send a spaceship off to see if there is life on Mars costing billions of Dollars. Maybe it's just me but I don't give a flying tuppeny fook if there are little green men lurking around Uranus it just doesn't excite me. Then there might be some dork getting interviewed on BBC as Ziggy Moondust IV has discovered a lake on Mars, well woopee fukken doo excuse me while I mop my piss off the floor as I'm so excited. Would this money not be better spent in Africa or as of now helping to rebuild the lives of those affected by typhoon Haiyan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

But the people always open the window just above them. It's the people2/3 seats behind that really get the wind in their face while the window opener enjoys a light breeze in their direction. :mad:

And overall there is more fresh air in circulation on the bus. It's for the greater good - suck it up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Paddy Fields

This post has been deleted.

I'd just love to see you ask some old bint in a greasy spoon if she can make your yolk hard. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,023 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

And overall there is more fresh air in circulation on the bus. It's for the greater good - suck it up!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUpbOliTHJY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

I hate when I get teary eyed over happy things, it's very embarassing and I don't do crying. A typical example was getting all blubbery at the John Lewis Christmas ad with the bear and the hare. I have to make a quick and discreet exit from the room:o

Oh God I'm gone very bad for getting teary over happy things. I think I'm getting old. Watched a short video on the 'You Feels, You lose' thread about a lad that overcame stammering. Jesus twas like Niagara Falls. I'm such a tit!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Jesus H. Christ! Per ticket!! :eek:

I must be well out of the loop as I haven't been to a "concert" concert in years (I'd go to the theatre or to music recitals in the university and stuff, but the last concert I was at was bloody Westlife a couple of years back), but even then it's like a €2 booking fee or something, is that what they're calling "service charges"?

Reminds me actually I've still to book tickets to see Mary Coughlan in Whelans on the 27th, on ticketmaster I think they're €15, and €20 on the door on the night, so I might nearly be better off to get them on the night on the door if ticketmaster charge an extra €6.50!

WTF??!?!?!?

I used to enjoy your posts. Now they are tainted forever.

77a yeah? :D

• Advertisement

Women who pick something from the inner corner of their eye and then examine it. wtf? Very common with businessy women in 1980's movies I think. And of course a woman did it on the bus this morning. It's almost as bad as picking a nose and examining your loot. Why is it socially acceptable to pick one orifice but not the other?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement