Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Saw a guy (on the bus, naturally) this morning with his trousers tucked into his socks. What was weird is that he was otherwise perfectly groomed. Nice shiny shoes, properly tailored suit, smart glasses, nice hairsytle and cute leather man bag - and then the socks...with the trousers in them....:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Saw a guy (on the bus, naturally) this morning with his trousers tucked into his socks. What was weird is that he was otherwise perfectly groomed. Nice shiny shoes, properly tailored suit, smart glasses, nice hairsytle and cute leather man bag - and then the socks...with the trousers in them....:confused:

It's all the rage in Paris and Milan, dontchaknow? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Had he an onion tied to his belt, be any chance? That could be my grandfather - he went missing in 1978 for tax reasons. Allegedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭poundapunnet

Was he not probably trying to stop the ends of the trouser legs getting destroyed with wet and muck on his way to work?

Was he not probably trying to stop the ends of the trouser legs getting destroyed with wet and muck on his way to work?

No.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

....maybe there were mice or snakes on the bus and he didn't want them going up his leg?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Don't refer to the bus bastards like that please:D

I'd just love to see you ask some old bint in a greasy spoon if she can make your yolk hard. :D

Probably safer than asking her to make it runny:P

Too early?

gramar wrote: »
    ....maybe there were mice or snakes on the bus and he didn't want them going up his leg?

Ah here, buses are bad but they're not that bad. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

Ah here, buses are bad but they're not that bad. :D

I've heard legends of buses that go to places called ta-la and darndale.

• Advertisement

I've heard legends of buses that go to places called ta-la and darndale.

I'm regularly on a bus that goes to both of those places :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

The "word" convo. Is it really that difficult and/or awkward to elucidate the word "conversation"?? Are you that worried about contributing to the eventual heat-death of the Universe that you feel the need to economise on energy expended by truncating perfectly decent, useful, well-understood words to the degree that they could well mean "convoy", "convey", or one of a few more?? Would you like me to ram a copy of the Oxford English down your throat??? Eh? EEEEHHH???? :mad:

I'm regularly on a bus that goes to both of those places :D

Are you bragging or do you do missionary work?:P

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Don't refer to the bus bastards like that please:D

Ha, I'm not allowed say ********s and ******s unfortunately :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

Schoolkids who have the straps on their schoolbag fully loosened, so the bag is dragging down past their arse. It's so awkward looking. Fix you bag ffs! >_<

Are you bragging or do you do missionary work?:P

Missions more than missionary :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

This post has been deleted.
    That has always bugged the bejesus out of me. I don't eat meat so mostly whats on offer is pastries if you don't want runny eggs. I can't eat a runny egg, the sight of it makes me queasy, so I only eat eggs that I've cooked for myself, not that I eat them very often.

Also why on earth can cafes not stock some quorn products? It'd be nice to have the option rather than a grease fest like mushrooms, hash browns and fried eggs and beans. I don't bother eating anywhere with that menu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

Nidge Nidge Nidge Fran Nidge Tommy Nidge Fizzy Orange Dead Cat.

I don't watch Love/Hate. I've no particular interest in watching Love/Hate. Yet somehow I seem to know as much about it as about the shows I actually do watch.

vitani wrote: »
    Nidge Nidge Nidge Fran Nidge Tommy Nidge Fizzy Orange Dead Cat.

I don't watch Love/Hate. I've no particular interest in watching Love/Hate. Yet somehow I seem to know as much about it as about the shows I actually do watch.

Have to say, I am big fan I really enjoyed it, but you would have a pain in ass listening about it, every which way you turn.

Trivial annoyance...........the way Ray Arsey pronounces it "Lawv/Hate" Grrrrr:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Getting on teh bus today wiht my 2 kids.Had a trolley wiht me as well.Someone gets on and tries to push past me when im lifting the trolley in tot eh space.Fecks wait for a couple of seconds.Grrr.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭smeedyova

Why is it socially acceptable to pick one orifice but not the other?

It isn't. Anybody picking anything is disgusting and should be sent off to live on another planet. That would at least give some value for money to the folks who aren't into spending billions on space exploration.

Pedestrians waiting at the crossing diagonally opposite the direction in which they are going! When the man goes green they then start walking diagonally across getting in the way of all the other people. Stand opposite the side where you are heading and walk straight across. Jeez.

smeedyova wrote: »
    It isn't. Anybody picking anything is disgusting and should be sent off to live on another planet. That would at least give some value for money to the folks who aren't into spending billions on space exploration.

Pedestrians waiting at the crossing diagonally opposite the direction in which they are going! When the man goes green they then start walking diagonally across getting in the way of all the other people. Stand opposite the side where you are heading and walk straight across. Jeez.

Never mind that, cyclists at pedestrian crossings! Cycling on the road with the traffic coming to a junction, then stop and wait for the lights to go red so they can make a right turn without having to merge with traffic, grand except that means they cycle right the **** across the pedestrians. Or stop and wait at the pedestrian crossing, wait for the lights to go red and then cycle off the footpath up the road RIGHT THE **** ACROSS THE PEDESTRIANS. The traffic lights mean the same thing for them as everyone else like, they don't mean "haaaaaaaaaang on..ok cycle across the pedestrians". I got hit by one once and he gave ME a dirty look.

Never mind that, cyclists at pedestrian crossings! Cycling on the road with the traffic coming to a junction, then stop and wait for the lights to go red so they can make a right turn without having to merge with traffic, grand except that means they cycle right the **** across the pedestrians. Or stop and wait at the pedestrian crossing, wait for the lights to go red and then cycle off the footpath up the road RIGHT THE **** ACROSS THE PEDESTRIANS. The traffic lights mean the same thing for them as everyone else like, they don't mean "haaaaaaaaaang on..ok cycle across the pedestrians". I got hit by one once and he gave ME a dirty look.

Hate that. At a junction, a pedestrian is entitled to cross diagonally and the amount of times I've nearly been hit by a crazy cyclist thinking its ok to break a red light and go straight on :mad:

I regularly shout at them that the man is green for pedestrians or that they are on a footpath, but they are either totally braindead or just inconsiderate *******.

I hate how cyclists on Grafton St have special invisibility powers which mean that everybody can see them except the guards on Grafton St.

Hate that. At a junction, a pedestrian is entitled to cross diagonally and the amount of times I've nearly been hit by a crazy cyclist thinking its ok to break a red light and go straight on :mad:

Yes, they are *entitled* to cross diagonally, they just display an overwhelming lack of intelligence while doing so, as well as getting in the way of intelligent people who placed themselves at the appropriate side.

Whatever about cyclists breaking the red lights, very dangerous and annoying, the number of car drivers who do it and proceed across the green man is staggering.

I know we may all need to blow the nose in public from time to time but what is it with aul fellas who take out a what used to white hankie and expunge about two pounds of snot into it, then OPEN it and in and peer at it, with an almost proud look on their face, you half expect them to say to you "here, look at that"

I regularly shout at them that the man is green for pedestrians or that they are on a footpath, but they are either totally braindead or just inconsiderate *******.

I hate how cyclists on Grafton St have special invisibility powers which mean that everybody can see them except the guards on Grafton St.

lol, I must start doing that. I damn well hate the way some of them think the rules of the road dont apply to them! Cycling on the footpath drives me maaaaad! :D

I know we may all need to blow the nose in public from time to time but what is it with aul fellas who take out a what used to white hankie and expunge about two pounds of snot into it, then OPEN it and in and peer at it, with an almost proud look on their face, you half expect them to say to you "here, look at that"

Not so hungry now.....:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

People saying they'll call over at a certain time then text you continuously saying they're leaving now, leaving in a sec, etc

• Advertisement

I'm more of a glarer than a shouter, occasionally I lose it and break out a loud tutting noise :pac: I don't mind them being on the footpath if traffic is heavy and there's no cycle path, as long as they just watch where they're going! It's when they're cycling on the road and completely ignoring lights to the point where they're a danger to pedestrians that I get pissed off, or when they get some kind of split personality thing going "Look at me I'm a pedestrian, oh the lights changed now I'm a car, I want to go over there I'm an ambulance, choo choo **** you!"

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement