Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

smeedyova wrote: »
    Yes, they are *entitled* to cross diagonally, they just display an overwhelming lack of intelligence while doing so, as well as getting in the way of intelligent people who placed themselves at the appropriate side.

Whatever about cyclists breaking the red lights, very dangerous and annoying, the number of car drivers who do it and proceed across the green man is staggering.

The times I have been almost mown down by cyclists is where there are very few other pedestrians, so its not like I am getting in anyones way. There is one in particular up beside St Patricks cathedral if you come straight down from Werburgh Street. Super annoying. Yes a lot of drivers breaking red lights now. They should introduce on the spot fines for it. Just install cameras and away we go. Plenty of money to bolster the economy. My Mam gives me grief when she is in the car if I go through on amber, and these pr1cks go through on the red?

I'm more of a glarer than a shouter, occasionally I lose it and break out a loud tutting noise :pac: I don't mind them being on the footpath if traffic is heavy and there's no cycle path, as long as they just watch where they're going! It's when they're cycling on the road and completely ignoring lights to the point where they're a danger to pedestrians that I get pissed off, or when they get some kind of split personality thing going "Look at me I'm a pedestrian, oh the lights changed now I'm a car, I want to go over there I'm an ambulance, choo choo **** you!"

lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

Ads on the radio, ads on TV, ads féckin' everywhere.

and AA roadwatch - I can't abide that useless piece of uninformative shíte on every radio station morning and evening!

If I see that Flora ad one more time - "Wrestlers by Josh" :( And the stupid intentional "mistake" when he says "anninversary" - its not fuucking cute or funny ok! Josh shouldn't be on tv if he cant speak properly. Anninversary.....ffs

And Flora is muck anyway.

yeppydeppy wrote: »
    Ads on the radio, ads on TV, ads féckin' everywhere.

and AA roadwatch - I can't abide that useless piece of uninformative shíte on every radio station morning and evening!

"Text us the traffic situation where you are"....why?? I'll get charged for the text. Whats in it for me??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭salacious crumb

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    I know we may all need to blow the nose in public from time to time but what is it with aul fellas who take out a what used to white hankie and expunge about two pounds of snot into it, then OPEN it and in and peer at it, with an almost proud look on their face, you half expect them to say to you "here, look at that"

"Pick the bones out of that one" :D

Not a trivial thing, but it annoyed me very much. Charity muggers inside my building today. Inside!!

Is there no end to this sh*t? :mad:

Not a trivial thing, but it annoyed me very much. Charity muggers inside my building today. Inside!!

I wish they'd come here. Im just in the mood for one of them.

Heeeeeeeere chugger chugger chugger!!!! (waves direct debit form out the office doors to lure the pr1cks inside)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

People saying or writing I seen instead of I saw - it's the adult equivalent of eating with your mouth open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Waaaaaah! :(

*Fcuks phone away over shoulder*

I've read enough!

*Crosses intersection diagonally*

Feck yiz all! :D

On that note though, trivial thing that annoys me is those pedestrian crossings at intersections where you only have seven seconds to cross the second one after you've crossed the first one. I don't like being forced to hop, skip and jump across the road while some little prick is revving his engine, half the time I'm tempted to leave his front bumper up on his windscreen with a kick! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭smeedyova

People on the street who tell the charity muggers "sorry, I don't have time right now". Sorry????? For what? Why are you talking to them? I just stare through them like they're not there. I don't blink for the whole 50 yards that they're waving and jumping up and down in front of me and then I sail passed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

People saying or writing I seen instead of I saw - it's the adult equivalent of eating with your mouth open.

Oh good Lord don't get me started on grammar abusers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

People what wont talk proper

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭poundapunnet

People what wont talk proper

You shouldn't of made that joke

People on the street who tell the charity muggers "sorry, I don't have time right now". Sorry????? For what? Why are you talking to them? I just stare through them like they're not there. I don't blink for the whole 50 yards that they're waving and jumping up and down in front of me and then I sail passed.

Absolutely.

On a similar note, a conversation I had the other evening on Dame Street...

"Story bud, any spare change?"
    "Haven't a bean"
    "You wanna buy some coke?"
    "No I don't want to buy any coke"
    "Are you sure you don't want any?"
    "Pissss offfff"
    *starts walking off* "Prick"
    "F*ck you"
    *futher away* "Dirtbag"
    "F*CK YOU!!"

You shouldn't of made that joke

:confused::confused::confused:

Absolutely.

On a similar note, a conversation I had the other evening on Dame Street...

"Story bud, any spare change?"
    "Haven't a bean"
    "You wanna buy some coke?"
    "No I don't want to buy any coke"
    "Are you sure you don't want any?"
    "Pissss offfff"
    *starts walking off* "Prick"
    "F*ck you"
    *futher away* "Dirtbag"
    "F*CK YOU!!"

Aaaaah Coke, the drug of choice for the affluent. Its all changes since my day....I rememeber Dame Street when all you could get was a bit of aul hash:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Aaaaah Coke, the drug of choice for the affluent. Its all changes since my day....I rememeber Dame Street when all you could get was a bit of aul hash:D

Ye youngfellas are off ye're heads. In my day if you had a bit of an oul' Woodbine you thought you were Jimmy Dean. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭poundapunnet

:confused::confused::confused:

:o It should be "you shouldn't have"

That's what I get for trying to join in :(

jimgoose wrote: »
    Ye youngfellas are off ye're heads. In my day if you had a bit of an oul' Woodbine you thought you were Jimmy Dean. :cool:

Less of the aul guff and have a bit of respect for yer elders

(its a while since I was a youngfella)

Me and all :pac:

• Advertisement

Oh, I would have bought that :pac:

:o It should be "you shouldn't have"

That's what I get for trying to join in :(

LOL, get you now, .....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

...that reminds me of listening to Jamie Carragher the other day...scouse accent aside that man murders the English language like no other.

gramar wrote: »
    ...that reminds me of listening to Jamie Carragher the other day...scouse accent aside that man murders the English language like no other.

He was great at the auld own goals though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Grrrr. Rhubarb!

<'Goose wanders off to whack things with a blackthorn shtick and should "Graaaahhh!! FuggoffoutovIT!!" more-or-less at random...>

I have a friend who does that! So annoying. Then I have to counter her niceness by saying really loudly to her, "dont apologise to them, you've nothing to be sorry for!"......and then the world in all its horrible misery and crankiness is balanced again....sigh..... (No, I dont know why she is still my friend either)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I have a friend who does that! So annoying. Then I have to counter her niceness by saying really loudly to her, "dont apologise to them, you've nothing to be sorry for!"......and then the world in all its horrible misery and crankiness is balanced again....sigh..... (No, I dont know why she is still my friend either)

My friend's daughter was taught about talking to strangers last year. For 2 days every time someone she didn't know approached them she screamed. Freaked the Hell out of one of the chuggers.. Friend gave money because he was so mortified.
    I am not friends with the daughter apparently because I won't give her biscuits when she wants the-her words not mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

Currently looking at the Penguin Cam for Dublin Zoo and there is a big spider web right in front of it. Wasn't too bad until the sun hit it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

The use of the phrase "to the tune of" in the media.

Bailed out "to the tune of" etc.

Hate it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

noodler wrote: »
    The use of the phrase "to the tune of" in the media.

Bailed out "to the tune of" etc.

Hate it.

Yeah, I've never heard the song '64 billion euros' so I get really upset when I'm sitting with my casio keyboard beside the telly watching the news trying to figure out what song was playing when they were being bailed out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement