Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

People who MUST have the last word.

Mods, please close this thread.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

An out of tune radio station. My hared of this boarders in pathological. I have left rooms seething for this and this alone....

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Gotham

An out of tune radio station. My hared of this boarders in pathological. I have left rooms seething for this and this alone....
    My dad used to go apesh*t at this.
    I could sit in a car and listen to static for hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

I dont live in France or any other place, I follow Irish laws of driving

Well maybe if you took a trip there, or perhaps to the UK or better still Oz where they have signs for the likes of you telling people that they drive on the left and thus they should move into the fooking left lane and stop using the outer lanes unless overtaking, your driving might improve.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

A new one I'm seeing on here lately is "Looser" instead of "Loser" and all it's variants. Stop it, it makes you look like a moron.

People confusing "it's = it is" with "its = belonging to it" :rolleyes:

Everybody's somebody's fool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,551 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The knobhead boy racer who is going up and down the road in front of my house for the last hour or so in a souped up car that would nearly waken the dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭rosie16

When I put my car into 5th at 50 miles the dashboard rattles every single time I hit 50 >:( Give it a slap and it stops but comes back

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭joe stodge

People who hate certain types of food without ever trying them and flat refuse to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Scruffles

The knobhead boy racer who is going up and down the road in front of my house for the last hour or so in a souped up car that would nearly waken the dead.
    need one of those stinger things that the police have-
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spike_strip
    that will have him breaking down over his precious alloys; in more ways than one.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

joe stodge wrote: »
    People who hate certain types of food without ever trying them and flat refuse to do so.

I hate kangaroo testicles and monkey brains even though I've never tried them. But you're welcome to try them and let me know how they taste.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭pitythefool

jmayo wrote: »
    Well maybe if you took a trip there, or perhaps to the UK or better still Oz where they have signs for the likes of you telling people that they drive on the left and thus they should move into the fooking left lane and stop using the outer lanes unless overtaking, your driving might improve.

I have been to France/UK and followed their laws, this is about Irish Speeding Laws and you know it

I could give out about the speed limit on motorways all day, but thats not the point

• Registered Users Posts: 12,437 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I have been to France/UK and followed their laws, this is about Irish Speeding Laws and you know it

I could give out about the speed limit on motorways all day, but thats not the point

To be fair, you were originally saying its ok for you to sit in the outside lane as long a you were doing the speed limit. This is incorrect and that's why people were trying to correct you on it.

Taken from the RSA website:
    Lane 3
    If you are travelling on a three-lane motorway, you must use this lane only if traffic in lanes 1 and 2 is moving in queues and you need to overtake or accommodate merging traffic. Once you've finished overtaking, move back to your left and allow faster traffic coming from behind to pass by.
    http://www.rotr.ie/rules-for-driving/motorways/on-the-motorway.html

El Guapo! wrote: »
    To be fair, you were originally saying its ok for you to sit in the outside lane as long a you were doing the speed limit. This is incorrect and that's why people were trying to correct you on it.

Taken from the RSA website:

http://www.rotr.ie/rules-for-driving/motorways/on-the-motorway.html

to be fair, i said you shouldnt have to pull in just because someone wants to speed if there are cars in the inside lane

that rule does not give someone permission to speed

but i think we are close to the same wave lenght now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

ffs are we still talking about overtaking :mad:

This thread used to be a good read

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    ffs are we still talking about overtaking :mad:

This thread used to be a good read

im partly to blame for that

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭LisaLee

If someone says they're going to be somewhere at a certain time and they don't show.

Case and point, today we were told that someone would be up to the apartment between 11 and 12. We're still waiting. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

LisaLee wrote: »
    If someone says they're going to be somewhere at a certain time and they don't show.

Case and point, today we were told that someone would be up to the apartment between 11 and 12. We're still waiting. :mad:

Aarrgh!! When people say case and point instead of case in point. Winds me up as much as for all intensive purposes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭LisaLee

summerskin wrote: »
    Aarrgh!! When people say case and point instead of case in point. Winds me up as much as for all intensive purposes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My bad! I always thought it was case and point. Must pop over to the What really obvious thing have you only just realised? thread. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

If you tell me to calm down I should have every legal ****ing right to end your life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Pedants. Stop it.

In before some smartárse posts a "you must be new here" meme.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Pedants. Stop it.

In before some smartárse posts a "you must be new here" meme.

It's a thread about things that annoy you. Why can't we be annoyed when people use phrases wrongly? Because it bothers you???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

It's a thread about things that annoy you. Why can't we be annoyed when people use phrases wrongly? Because it bothers you???

You can't see the irony there, no? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,551 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

If you tell me to calm down I should have every legal ****ing right to end your life.

calm down

• Registered Users Posts: 4,783 ✭✭✭KungPao

When people use the word 'ignorant' in place of rude/impolite.

I know it can be used in this way, but it seems overused on this site and in the country in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

:eek: i didnt :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,783 ✭✭✭KungPao

A few American things...

The use of the word 'sophomore' instead of second.

The USA's obsession with college/university...even when middle-aged, still going on about how great their college was/is. Even still wearing tshirts and jumpers with the logo on it. It's just a big school! Who cares!?

The word 'varsity'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

KungPao wrote: »
    A few American things...
    The use of the word 'sophomore' instead of second.

I did not know that Ted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

Sometimes I have to log in twice !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Sometimes I have to log in twice !

I think you'll find that's your "freshman log in" and your "sophomore log in".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

People putting pots and pans into the dishwasher.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement