Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

People who will blame anything on the British. Pothole down the road? Sure dont you know the British used it and never repaired it. 5 euro for a sandwich? Well if the British didn't steal everything during the famine they would be cheaper.

Ah now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

By whom?

Facebook will often delete profiles without warning for a number of reasons -

http://m.facebook.com/help/185747581553788

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭poundapunnet

Strituck wrote: »
    I hate the look of them, I hate the way they taste and even the name angers me.

"Goujons" is worse, and it's a catch-22 pronouncing it. Do it properly and sound like a knob, or don't sound like a knob but sound like a stupid culchie who can't pronounce fordin words.

On that note "expresso"

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭dowhatyoulove

remote controls, never around when you need them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

People who will blame anything on the British. Pothole down the road? Sure dont you know the British used it and never repaired it. 5 euro for a sandwich? Well if the British didn't steal everything during the famine they would be cheaper.

I don't think I have ever heard anyone say anything like that in my life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Christmas adverts in November I only like them in December.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

"Goujons" is worse, and it's a catch-22 pronouncing it. Do it properly and sound like a knob, or don't sound like a knob but sound like a stupid culchie who can't pronounce fordin words.

On that note "expresso"

I think you're hanging around with the stupider elements of society if they think pronouncing goujons properly makes you sound like a knob.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭poundapunnet

OhHiMark wrote: »
    I think you're hanging around with the stupider elements of society if they think pronouncing goujons properly makes you sound like a knob.

I'll be sure to pass your opinion on to the elements :rolleyes: French pronunciation of words doesn't slot well or naturally into a sentence in most Irish accents, it's a word pronounced GOWjins most of the time by most people who say it, so yeah, getting all fancy with it does sound a bit knobby in my own personal opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,992 ✭✭✭✭bnt

having your Facebook FCUKING DELETED for no cnuting reason!! so enraged right now :mad:
    So? You're better off without Faecebook. Free At Last! :D

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

It's probably asking too much that they be restricted to Christmas Eve only, so that I wouldn't have to be bombarded with advertisements about ordering a three piece suite now in time for Christmas!

Who the hell even does that?

"I ordered an €800 suite just in case we had visitors over"... said nobody, ever!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Stuart085

Nissan Micra drivers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

fcuking hell . every bleeding ad break on tv tonight has at least 2 Christmas ads.

Rarely watch tv as it is. this will turn me off till the end of January.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,886 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

This post has been deleted.

Especially the green ones. The green ones are always driven badly to annoy everyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭The Big Smoke

The weather.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Stuart085

Micra drivers are either too old, too nervous, driving without a full licence or just too imbecilic to drive more than half the speed limit

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Generic insults after a rant!

Fúck off you cúnts!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,992 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Drivers who aren't looking where they're going, see a pedestrian at the last second, then slam the anchors on and try to wave you across. Not realising that the pedestrian has seen you coming already, and is watching and waiting for the car to just go past, and isn't waiting for your permission to cross the road.

I had one the other day: he came screaming round a corner, saw me at the side of the road, and stopped in the middle of the junction and tried to wave me across. No. I saw you coming, and I'm not going to walk in front of you after that performance. You're too late, you're an idiot, and now you'e blocking the road. Just go ahead and feck off down the road out of everyone's way ... I can afford to wait the extra 1.2 seconds. :mad:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Pedestrian crossings in stupid places.
    In my town, there's two crossings that whoever designed them I'm sure was dumb as all fock.

1 is on the very top of a humpback bridge and the other one is just as you turn into a shopping centre carpark from the Main Street that people cross in dribs and drabs I'm surprised none of the stupid ****ers that run across without looking where they're going haven't been killed yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Pedestrian crossings in stupid places.
    In my town, there's two crossings that whoever designed them I'm sure was dumb as all fock.

1 is on the very top of a humpback bridge and the other one is just as you turn into a shopping centre carpark from the Main Street that people cross in dribs and drabs I'm surprised none of the stupid ****ers that run across without looking where they're going haven't been killed yet

There's one where I live that is across a speed ramp, that's all well and good but just up the road there's another speed ramp and it is not a crossing. It's just a ramp. The amount of absolute gobshítes that just walk out on the road without looking and expecting you to stop is astounding!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Bus stops. Why must there be one every 50 metres?

Anyone who knows the two right by Harolds Cross hospice, or the three right by Rathfarnham village (when heading out of town) will know what I mean. I've timed less than 20 seconds between the engine starting back up from one and stopping at the other on both of those cases, and there are dozens more around Dublin. Annoys the f'k out of me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭thecatspjs

Billy86 wrote: »
    Bus stops. Why must there be one every 50 metres?

Anyone who knows the two right by Harolds Cross hospice, or the three right by Rathfarnham village (when heading out of town) will know what I mean. I've timed less than 20 seconds between the engine starting back up from one and stopping at the other on both of those cases, and there are dozens more around Dublin. Annoys the f'k out of me.

Rathmines is a bus stop. I big long traffic congesting miserable car park/bus stop. Ye can walk to town from there anyway ya lazy shits so stop annoyin me and holding up my bus

• Registered Users Posts: 8,529 ✭✭✭brevity

Too many questions after leaving the loo!

"You were in there for ages"
    "I was going to the toilet"
    "What too you so long?"
    "...."
    "Well..."
    "I WAS GOING FOR A MASSIVE ****"

****s sake :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

Having followed this thread since almost the beginning I've come to the realisation that the majority of people (not going to single out anyone, but lets just say I'm a bit older and not wiser than I am when I started reading it...:P) would be considerably happier if buses did not exist.

Perfect election mantra for a government party; vote me in and I'll do away with buses!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Czarcasm wrote: »
    It's probably asking too much that they be restricted to Christmas Eve only, so that I wouldn't have to be bombarded with advertisements about ordering a three piece suite now in time for Christmas!

Who the hell even does that?

"I ordered an €800 suite just in case we had visitors over"... said nobody, ever!

I'd be the same I wouldn't mind until Christmas eve the same with Christmas songs I'd rather hear them on Christmas Eve/Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭dennyire

its one am...may seem trivial but lonely and Cant sleep...annoys me (: x

dennyire wrote: »
    its one am...may seem trivial but lonely and Cant sleep...annoys me (: x

Are you female? If so I'd be happy to go over and spoon you :P

It's 3am and I feel the same way:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

I like the toilet roll, coming off the roll 'towards the wall'.... If it's not.. welllllll that annoys me.. And I know it's trivial:confused:

"I need to lay down". People need to be more specific when they say that, do they mean carpet or wooden floors or artificial grass?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Walkers that don't pull their dogs in as you're approaching them on the footpath. Not slightly loose, a piss taking 3ft diagonally across the path.

Busy road, one side, muddy grass verge on the other. I ain't moving..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement