Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

I'll be sure to pass your opinion on to the elements :rolleyes: French pronunciation of words doesn't slot well or naturally into a sentence in most Irish accents, it's a word pronounced GOWjins most of the time by most people who say it, so yeah, getting all fancy with it does sound a bit knobby in my own personal opinion.

Oh I'm sorry, you are the stupider elements of society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

OhHiMark wrote: »
    Oh I'm sorry, you are the stupider elements of society. Goodbye!

FYP, Anne Robinson! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

Oh I'm sorry, you are the stupider elements of society.

Shouldn't it be the less intelligent elements of society?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 piplin

Britain giving out about human rights records.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

When you're waiting for a bus and one comes but stops before the bus stop because it only wants to let people off, not on.

Two things annoy me about this:

1) You should be able to let on as many people as you let off. If five people get off and then you cant let five people on...you were too full to begin with

2) Whats with the stopping 20ft away? Do you not even have the decency to at least say to those waiting, "sorry I am full" - do you think we're going to hijack the fuucking bus? Unless there is an end of the world tsunami pending and your peasant wagon is taking us to survival bunkers dug out of some faraway mountains, most of us will be alright with not being let on ffs

• Advertisement

"Goujons" is worse, and it's a catch-22 pronouncing it. Do it properly and sound like a knob, or don't sound like a knob but sound like a stupid culchie who can't pronounce fordin words.

On that note "expresso"

Is there more than one way to pronounce goujons?:confused:

I hear ya on the expresso! Espresso ffs, unless you're gonna drink a bus...

Are you female? If so I'd be happy to go over and spoon you :P

It's 3am and I feel the same way:P

Good to see you're keeping your standards high.

"Are you female? Ah **** it, have you got an arse?"

People with speech impediments. I know I'll be shot for saying it but it drives me mad. Just the small ones where people can't pronounce "r" in a word, or "ion" (saying "in" - like "millins"). Then there are the lisps. Good God the fuucking lispsssssssspppssssss. And (although this doesnt count as an impediment as such) - anyone who makes that soft clicking noise when they speak. Is it dentures or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

"Goujons" is worse, and it's a catch-22 pronouncing it. Do it properly and sound like a knob, or don't sound like a knob but sound like a stupid culchie who can't pronounce fordin words.

On that note "expresso"

Definition of a stupid culchie sil vous plait.....

On another note, wtf is actually in goujons? is just an excuse to sell mashed up lips and claws of chicken?

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    People with speech impediments. I know I'll be shot for saying it but it drives me mad. Just the small ones where people can't pronounce "r" in a word, or "ion" (saying "in" - like "millins"). Then there are the lisps. Good God the fuuckign lispsssssssspppssssss. And (although this doesnt count as an impediment as such) - anyone who makes that soft clicking noise when they speak. Is it dentures or what?

On the "R" thing, I notice a lot of people who have this problem, tend to name children names that have R in them....

"Life of Brian"anyone...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭smeedyova

People who put their filthy, and often wet, shoes on the seats in the bus/train. Am I to be expected to then sit in that? Savages.

Billy86 wrote: »
    Bus stops. Why must there be one every 50 metres?

There is, ONLY in some areas. Try living where you would need to get a bus, just to get to the bus stop:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

People with speech impediments. I know I'll be shot for saying it but it drives me mad. Just the small ones where people can't pronounce "r" in a word, or "ion" (saying "in" - like "millins"). Then there are the lisps. Good God the fuuckign lispsssssssspppssssss. And (although this doesnt count as an impediment as such) - anyone who makes that soft clicking noise when they speak. Is it dentures or what?

Completely cretinous post. I had a lisp when I was younger (years of speech therapy help me shift it but I'd still be conscious of my speech over twenty years later even though there is no hint of it now) and I remember standing in an isolated spot in the playground so that no one would come near me and I'd have to speak and inevitably be mocked for it.

Obviously, as an adult I have thought that you would have the maturity to look past somebody's impediment and not feel the need to mock them for it but I guess not. Back to the playground with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Women who can keep a conversation going all the way from Busaras in Dublin to Donegal with her friend Fidelma on the phone. That's a 4 hour journey, just in case you were wondering.

Wait till she gets the bill for roaming, that'll keep her quiet

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Padkir wrote: »
    Having followed this thread since almost the beginning I've come to the realisation that the majority of people (not going to single out anyone, but lets just say I'm a bit older and not wiser than I am when I started reading it...:P) would be considerably happier if buses did not exist.

Perfect election mantra for a government party; vote me in and I'll do away with buses!

add a train from Donegal to ya know ANYWHERE (except Leitrim) and you have a deal

Padkir wrote: »
    Having followed this thread since almost the beginning I've come to the realisation that the majority of people (not going to single out anyone, but lets just say I'm a bit older and not wiser than I am when I started reading it...:P) would be considerably happier if buses did not exist.

Perfect election mantra for a government party; vote me in and I'll do away with buses!

No dont do away with buses, just stop letting anyone on who isnt me :D

Completely cretinous post. I had a lisp when I was younger (years of speech therapy help me shift it but I'd still be conscious of my speech over twenty years later even though there is no hint of it now) and I remember standing in an isolated spot in the playground so that no one would come near me and I'd have to speak and inevitably be mocked for it.

Obviously, as an adult I have thought that you would have the maturity to look past somebody's impediment and not feel the need to mock them for it but I guess not. Back to the playground with you.

Ah relax would you. I spent years standing alone in the playground because I was a ginger - look at how society still treats my kind :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭smeedyova

People who open a bag of Tayto's on the bus. The stink!!! And they are always the kind that scoff them with their mouths open, empty the last bits directly into their mouths and lick their fingers :mad:

smeedyova wrote: »
    People who open a bag of Tayto's on the bus. The stink!!! And they are always the kind that scoff them with their mouths open, empty the last bits directly into their mouths and lick their fingers :mad:

then press....all the stop buttons and maul the bars :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

If aul ones spent less money on religious paraphernalia to put in their ****ty 96 micras and more money on a few driving lessons maybe they wouldn't be as reliant on rosary beads and padre pio stickers to keep them from being killed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

People who are chirpy on the phone. Need to get a part for my laptop which is 200euro. Woman on the phone couldn't have been more chirpy, alert and pleasant. Pissed me right off. This was before I was even given the quote which is beyond ridiculous. May as well have asked me to bite the pillow they are going in dry.

smeedyova wrote: »

Sorry, but people who refer to all crisps as "Taytos" gets me ( or if they are actually Tayto, using the plural):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

When you buy something and the price comes to for example €10.10 and getting asked "Ya wouldn't have 10c on ya?". Cue: Rooting around in the pocket for 10c

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

foxyboxer wrote: »
    When you buy something and the price comes to for example €10.10 and getting asked "Ya wouldn't have 10c on ya?". Cue: Rooting around in the pocket for 10c

Eh, like you're supposed to, you mean? Because you owe the full price of the item and not whatever nice round figure you happen to have in your pocket?!!

Eh, like you're supposed to, you mean? Because you owe the full price of the item and not whatever nice round figure you happen to have in your pocket?!!

I assume the poster means they are handing over a larger amount ie; 20 or 50?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

The sound of masonry drills and hammering. Sweet divine mother of JC, we've been listening to it almost every day for the past 5 months now. Still they haven't finished. It's a fecking 50 year old terraced house ffs. There's houses selling in the neighbourhood for 80 thousand and these people must have spent at least 10 grand so far, probably an awful lot more. They are never, ever going to see a return on the money they've spent.

What pisses me off most is that it's not enough for them to do it from 8 til 6 or later on a week day, but they fecking do it on Saturdays as well. Makes me want to drill them a new orifice.

The sound of masonry drills and hammering. Sweet divine mother of JC, we've been listening to it almost every day for the past 5 months now. Still they haven't finished. It's a fecking 50 year old terraced house ffs. There's houses selling in the neighbourhood for 80 thousand and these people must have spent at least 10 grand so far, probably an awful lot more. They are never, ever going to see a return on the money they've spent.

What pisses me off most is that it's not enough for them to do it from 8 til 6 or later on a week day, but they fecking do it on Saturdays as well. Makes me want to drill them a new orifice.

Reminds me of the celtic tiger years. People just couldnt spend money fast enough. Sticking conservatories and extensions onto every scrap of spare land. Ripping out bathroom suites and replacing sofas and curtains every year. The value of the houses never really went up that much and well...look at them now?

Edit: though on this one, I think mobile homes with double glazed windows and full 3 piece suites takes took the biscuit!

The value of the houses never really went up that much

What? I suppose I must have imagined this housing bubble.

Reminds me of the celtic tiger years. People just couldnt spend money fast enough. Sticking conservatories and extensions onto every scrap of spare land. Ripping out bathroom suites and replacing sofas and curtains every year. The value of the houses never really went up that much and well...look at them now?

Edit: though on this one, I think mobile homes with double glazed windows and full 3 piece suites takes took the biscuit!

I was in Wexford years ago, and saw people proudly taking delivery of a huge fuuck off chandelier FOR A MOBILE HOME!!!

• Advertisement

What? I suppose I must have imagined this housing bubble.

Proportionate to how much they spent on them. Houses next door with their offending single glazing and acres of conservatory free land went up aswell.

In any case they can all be bought now with 1.5 years salary :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement