Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭smeedyova

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Sorry, but people who refer to all crisps as "Taytos" gets me ( or if they are actually Tayto, using the plural):D

Yes, my mistake :D

Savages dipping their grubby hands into the loose bread rolls basket in the supermarket instead of using the tongs (not that I'd eat them (dirty!), but it annoys me anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Eureka!!!!

Bus Bouncers, the answer to all your prayers.

No more smelly, dirty, crisp eatin, fartin, burpin, flight sock wearin, ballet skirt, no money, junkie, skangers, feeler uppers, gropers, bad breath breathin, baby carryin, trolley bearin, crusty , nose pickin, snot blowin, old, young, seat takin, culchie, dub, Irish, forren, umbrella totin fuuckers.

Sorry pal ,not tonight. No, yer barred, Couples only, regulars only and any other poxy excuse not to let them on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Eureka!!!!

Bus Bouncers, the answer to all your prayers.

No more smelly, dirty, crisp eatin, fartin, burpin, flight sock wearin, ballet skirt, no money, junkie, skangers, feeler uppers, gropers, bad breath breathin, baby carryin, trolley bearin, crusty , nose pickin, snot blowin, old, young, seat takin, culchie, dub, Irish, forren, umbrella totin fuuckers.

Sorry pal ,not tonight. No, yer barred, Couples only, regulars only and any other poxy excuse not to let them on.

Have PM'd my CV to you ;)

ps you forgot about flight sock ladies :P

Oh the peace on the bus if I were the bouncer, but then again many of the drivers wouldn't be allowed on either. Hmm.:D

Taxi drivers who try to talk to me. Shut up and drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

smeedyova wrote: »
    Oh the peace on the bus if I were the bouncer, but then again many of the drivers wouldn't be allowed on either. Hmm.:D

Taxi drivers who try to talk to me. Shut up and drive.

You're not a detective, so stop asking me where I was at the weekend or where I'm going this weekend. Just drive and zip yer hole.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Paddy Fields

smeedyova wrote: »
    Oh the peace on the bus if I were the bouncer, but then again many of the drivers wouldn't be allowed on either. Hmm.:D Taxi drivers who try to talk to me. Shut up and drive.

"Are you going anywhere nice bud?"
    "Well no actually I have just paid €1,000 to go to a total $hithole that has no electricity, no running water, the beach is like a tiphead and the food would make a Billy goat puke."

"Anymore fukken questions?"

On taxi drivers: I also don't want their radio blasted at me. If I ask for it to be turned off don't ask me what my problem is, okay? Just turn it off. I've hired the car, it's my car now and I want peace and quiet. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

Aertel

Ryan Tubridy's make up. Ryan Tubridy's hair. Ryan Tubridy's cheeky chappy little scamp grin grrrrrrrrr. The air that Ryan Tubridy breathes.

Newspaper pages that are stuck together and you have to peel them apart.

Black bin bags that you can't actually open because they are held closed by some otherworld force that defies the laws of physics.

Roy Keane looking very smug on tv this past few nights. Please don't tell him I said that, I want to live to see old age.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Black bin bags that you can't actually open because they are held closed by some otherworld force that defies the laws of physics.

Lick your fingers (just your thumb and index) and use them to push each side of the opening of the bag in opposite directions. That should easily separate the sides. ;):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭poundapunnet

Shouldn't it be the less intelligent elements of society?

Either one is correct :) grammatically like, not factually (I hope, seeing as he was referring to me, he's got some kind of pronunciation-of-goujon-based IQ test apparently)
    OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Is there more than one way to pronounce goujons?:confused:

I hear ya on the expresso! Espresso ffs, unless you're gonna drink a bus...

Yeah the fancy french way and the culchie way, I come from the deepest darkest depths of Clare, they can pronounce ANYTHING the culchie way, you'd know it if you heard it

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Wilberto wrote: »
    Lick your fingers (just your thumb and index) and use them to push each side of the opening of the bag in opposite directions. That should easily separate the sides. ;):)

A useful trick in many situations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

bluewolf wrote: »
    A useful trick in many situations

So, that's how you find the g-spot…

Yeah the fancy french way and the culchie way, I come from the deepest darkest depths of Clare, they can pronounce ANYTHING the culchie way, you'd know it if you heard it[/QUOTE]

There really is only the correct and incorrect way......whats with the hang up on "culchies", never a nice term IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭poundapunnet

There really is only the correct and incorrect way......whats with the hang up on "culchies", never a nice term IMO

Hey I'm a culchie and proud! I'm allowed say it!

• Site Banned Posts: 23 Black cat banger

Sorry, but people who refer to all crisps as "Taytos" gets me ( or if they are actually Tayto, using the plural):D

I have every right to open my Taytos on the bus pal......it's your opinion that stinks.........

I have every right to open my Taytos on the bus pal......it's your opinion that stinks.........

I think you are confused, I never said I had a problem with anyone eating a packet of crisps on a bus.

Hey I'm a culchie and proud! I'm allowed say it!

yes, you are.

Inconsiderate people who think that they are "entitled".

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

When people on my Ignore list get quoted and I have to see the utter bollocks they post. Defeats the purpose!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Planemo wrote: »
    When people on my Ignore list get quoted and I have to see the utter bollocks they post. Defeats the purpose!

I think the thread is in the Site Development forum, but there are scripts for Chrome that you can use to completely hide the opinion of a poster on your ignore list.

And now it just occurs to me that you may never see this if I'm on your ignore list, heh :p

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Czarcasm wrote: »
    I think the thread is in the Site Development forum, but there are scripts for Chrome that you can use to completely hide the opinion of a poster on your ignore list.

And now it just occurs to me that you may never see this if I'm on your ignore list, heh :p

No, hes liked your post... youre in his good books!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Huckster

When someone starts using a squeaky maching in the gym and either can't hear that it's squeaky because they have headphones on or simply don't care -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

beakerjoe wrote: »
    No, hes liked your post... youre in his good books!
    Getting misgendered on internet forums

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Planemo wrote: »
    Getting misgendered on internet forums

Apologies:)

When people use their fingers to wrap quotation marks around words that they utter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭The Big Smoke

That it's not Friday today. More work tomorrow.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Paddy Fields

Namby pamby US buzz words. - Human Resources! We used to have a personnel manager then they changed him to Director of Human Resources. He was still the same chain-smoking cretin he always was only in a new swivel chair and couldn't direct a tourist from one end of O'Connell Street to the other.

Skill Sets! WTF? When I went for a job interview back when Moses was struggling to keep his Gripe Water down I didn't have fukken skill sets and if I did it was bending a ball around the tree in the back garden and hitting a tyre with it.

Can we not stick to the language we grew up on instead of bending over for Uncle Sam and his f**king bastardised English!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

So, that's how you find the g-spot…

One in the pink, one in the sti........

You get the idea.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭NicoleL88

People who assume I'll move out of their way when they're walking toward me on the footpath: prepare to be Bitter Sweet Symphonied b*tches!

And before anyone says it, I sometimes move, but when I'm on a long path and someone sees me coming a mile away and I've dedicated myself to a side and they walk over onto my side and refuse to move I stand there and look at them until they get out of the way.

...I think I have problems :\

Also, the corners of pillows and duvets.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement