Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

NicoleL88 wrote: »
    People who assume I'll move out of their way when they're walking toward me on the footpath: prepare to be Bitter Sweet Symphonied b*tches!

And before anyone says it, I sometimes move, but when I'm on a long path and someone sees me coming a mile away and I've dedicated myself to a side and they walk over onto my side and refuse to move I stand there and look at them until they get out of the way.

...I think I have problems :\

Also, the corners of pillows and duvets.

I never really realised before this thread started that people got so bad about this! :D

You're not the worst though Nicole (though I did laugh at the "prepare to be bittersweet symphonied bitches"), I had never heard of the ATM card switchers, knew about the escalator hogs, oh but the driving posts, Jesus! It's a wonder there's a car left on the road with the amount of people that get road raged! :pac:

They should give away a meditation cd with every new car! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

NicoleL88 wrote: »
    People who assume I'll move out of their way when they're walking toward me on the footpath: prepare to be Bitter Sweet Symphonied b*tches!

And before anyone says it, I have sometimes move, but when I'm on a long path and someone sees me coming a mile away and I've dedicated myself to a side and they walk over onto my side and refuse to move I stand there and look at them until they get out of the way.

...I think I have problems :\

Also, the corners of pillows and duvets.

What happens if other person has done the same ... Standoff on the footpath?

Anton "smarmy arseface" Savage first thing in the morning. He's the equivalent of TV herpes!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

One in the pink, one in the sti........

You get the idea.

I don't think anyone wants an sti

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

smeedyova wrote: »
    People who open a bag of Tayto's on the bus. The stink!!! And they are always the kind that scoff them with their mouths open, empty the last bits directly into their mouths and lick their fingers :mad:

People who don't realise that since the plural of potato is potatoes the plural of Tayto is Taytoes. It looks really weird though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭smeedyova

People who want to borrow books from my collection and look offended when I refuse (because I collect books, they are personal to me, I write stuff in them that is private to me and they will never return them anyway). What makes people think it's okay to ask to borrow books? Do I look around their houses and ask to "borrow" stuff from their ornament collections or whatever it is that they collect? No, I don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Dubl07 wrote: »
    People who don't realise that since the plural of potato is potatoes the plural of Tayto is Taytoes. It looks really weird though.

People who don't realise you can't simply pluralise brand names as if they were nouns.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

People who don't realise you can't simply pluralise brand names as if they were nouns.

Granted, but to pluralise them with an apostrophe (Tayto's) is horrific.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I have every right to open my Taytos on the bus pal......it's your opinion that stinks.........

Most of the trivial things that annoy me are legally permitted - it doesnt make them less annoying :D

Either one is correct :) grammatically like, not factually (I hope, seeing as he was referring to me, he's got some kind of pronunciation-of-goujon-based IQ test apparently)

Yeah the fancy french way and the culchie way, I come from the deepest darkest depths of Clare, they can pronounce ANYTHING the culchie way, you'd know it if you heard it

Can you write it phonetically for me? Is is "gow-johns" and "goooooo-jons"?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Aul ones, it's always the aul ones, skipping the q this morning at the express checkout. There was an aul one in front of me, packing her bag so precisely you'd swear she was entering it into the prettiest bag pageant.

Then this aul one came up behind me and started nudging me out of her way with her basket, so I stood to the side so she'd stop hitting my ass with it. Next thing I know she's standing beside me so it looks like she's edged me out of the que.

The next customer was called and it was the cashier furthest away from the que. oh guess who made a dash for it??

Well, too bad she was hoppy and slow. I got to it first.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Can you write it phonetically for me? Is is "gow-johns" and "goooooo-jons"?

i always go with goo johns

but with a Donegal accent nobody can understand me anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

People with full trollies or baskets in the queue and you have a tin of beans or another single item and won't let you in front of them.

They turn around and look at you and your item then turn around and ignore you.

same kinda thing for cashiers chatting when the customer is already finished. just scan my fecking item and let me go home and finish cooking my sausages are probably burnt at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Rachel Allen the other evening (on TV, not in my house) said the recipe required some diced "anyawn" I didn't know wtf she was on about until she proceeded to dice an onion.............

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Why is it that you're 'on the bus' but 'in the car'. You're not on the roof of it are you?

ARE YOU?!?!?

Omackeral wrote: »
    Why is it that you're 'on the bus' but 'in the car'. You're not on the roof of it are you? ARE YOU?!?!?

One gets 'on' big things such as trains, buses, planes, etc., and one gets 'in' smaller things such as cars. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

One gets 'on' big things such as trains, buses, planes, etc., and one gets 'in' smaller things such as cars. :)

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

danniemcq wrote: »
    People with full trollies or baskets in the queue and you have a tin of beans or another single item and won't let you in front of them.

They turn around and look at you and your item then turn around and ignore you.

same kinda thing for cashiers chatting when the customer is already finished. just scan my fecking item and let me go home and finish cooking my sausages are probably burnt at this stage.

Somewhat related, I will always let someone go ahead of me if this happens but what annoys me is if there are say 1 or 2 people ahead of me who also have full trollies who dont follow your example. So you let one poor fuucker with a watermelon go before you and he's all happy and stuff...and then he still has to wait for these other two morons buying half the shop. I know they are not obliged to let someone skip them just because I did so its trivial...but annoying! :D

Driving the car last night and I saw someone waiting to pull out from a left hand turn so I planned to slow down and let him out except...the fuucker in front of me had the same idea! It really annoyed me and I dont know why! It shouldnt have because the guy got out and that was the main thing...I felt like an altruism junkie being deprived of a fix! :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Driving the car last night and I saw someone waiting to pull out from a left hand turn so I planned to slow down and let him out except...the fuucker in front of me had the same idea! It really annoyed me and I dont know why! It shouldnt have because the guy got out and that was the main thing...I felt like an altruism junkie being deprived of a fix! :(

I feel exactly the same when that happens to me. It's like your good deed was robbed from you!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

danniemcq wrote: »

Feck off. Wait your turn like everyone else. If I let you in front of me, tis a bonus for you, don't expect it every time.

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Rachel Allen the other evening (on TV, not in my house) said the recipe required some diced "anyawn" I didn't know wtf she was on about until she proceeded to dice an onion.............

Exactly. One night, she was on about "batter". I was thinking WTF, it didn't show her making batter? Then out comes a lump of kerrygold.

Golfers, who seem to buy ALL their clothes in the Golfers shop, you know the guys, even when nowhere near a golf course, they are wearing lemon trousers, a lime green polo neck, with a purple v neck jumper, oh, and a pimp cap

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

WHEN MY OH DOESN'T ANSWER HER FUPPIN PHONE:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

newmug wrote: »
    WHEN MY OH DOESN'T ANSWER HER FUPPIN PHONE:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

She'll call you back :p

Czarcasm wrote: »
    She'll call you back :p

If she is anything like my OH, it will be about next Tuesday:D

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Dubchild

Sigourney wrote: »
    You annoy me. If you put my rake away like that, I'd ram it up your hole. Not to mention the health and safety implications. What do you use to set fire to your papers in the bin? Napalm?
    I also hate predictive text.

OH Wow what a BITCH, the first one i've encountered on boards, as they say there's always one! Shut up mouthy cow, I had an accident and injured myself badly, I hope when you have an accident soon :) that someone throws some similar ignorant comment at you. I'd bitch slap you with my bra if i got near ya :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,623 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Just saw the end of Rules of Engagement (story is fiction) and at the end, text comes up telling me what happened to the fictitious characters later in their lives.

It's fiction FFS, nothing happened to those people after the period of their life that the film covered, because they don't exist. Stop trying to mislead the audience into thinking it actually happened.

That it is necessary for pedestrians in Dublin City Centre to look both ways for oncoming cars and cyclists when crossing a one-way street.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

That it is necessary for pedestrians in Dublin City Centre to look both ways for oncoming cars and cyclists when crossing a one-way street.

In fairness cyclists are dicks and will go the wrong way down a one way street. I've nearly been hit by people on bikes before when I didn't look both ways.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭The Big Smoke

Cars speeding up upon seeing you cross the road. Yea, attempted murder is fashionable to you assholes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement