Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,750 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Joggers who run on the spot while waiting for pedestrian lights to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,750 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Golfers, who seem to buy ALL their clothes in the Golfers shop, you know the guys, even when nowhere near a golf course, they are wearing lemon trousers, a lime green polo neck, with a purple v neck jumper, oh, and a pimp cap
    Golfing spectators who wear golf shoes to an event!!

It would be like me wearing a pair of Puma Kings to the Connaught Final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

padd b1975 wrote: »

Ooh, yes. I hate this and have no idea why it annoys me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Having to piss with a piss horn. Takes about 3 minutes to finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

danniemcq wrote: »
    People with full trollies or baskets in the queue and you have a tin of beans or another single item and won't let you in front of them.

They turn around and look at you and your item then turn around and ignore you.
    people who think they should be allowed skip the queue cause they only have a couple of items

"BACK OF THE LINE, BITCH!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

MJ23 wrote: »

You had a piss horn, bloody luxury. Try pissing into an empty coke bottle with a 50 mile an hour wind whistling up your jacksy.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭mackD

The fecking obligatory fag/snack break at Urlingford on the Dublin/Cork bus route. It adds an unnecessary 15 minutes to the journey:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

people who think they should be allowed skip the queue cause they only have a couple of items

"BACK OF THE LINE, BITCH!"

Ah throw an aul :D in there...its Saturday,

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭mackD

Oh I just assumed every bus stopped there regardless. Ah can't complain too much, 9 euro is dirt cheap to travel from one city to the other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

padd b1975 wrote: »

Didnt see it myself, but someone I know saw a jogger who was stopped at traffic lights, jogged on the spot for a little bit, then dropped and started doing pressups until the lights went green again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Didnt see it myself, but someone I know saw a jogger who was stopped at traffic lights, jogged on the spot for a little bit, then dropped and started doing pressups until the lights went green again.

FFS, they should have given him a nudge in front of a car:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

For chuggers on checkouts, there's debit card :D

I'm paying enough for my groceries already, chugging just feels like a guilt tax, and I don't feel too guilty about not encouraging the practice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

MJ23 wrote: »
    Try standing on your head :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

I hate being in a car or van with anything lying on the dashboard you know like parking tickets newspapers,pens, etcetera.. It wrecks me head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

Those stupid ads for emergency relief with the fake telephone call effect. I havent heard a phone call sound like that in years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭smeedyova

People who lick the foil lid of the yoghurt tub. Shudder. The same people usually also spend ages staring into the tub and turning it every which way to get the very last bit of yoghurt out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

People on tv cooking programmes, you all know the ones I mean, who stir something with a spoon, then lift a spoonful out and put it into their mouth and taste it..... all good so far..... and then the fooker put's the spoon back into the pot or saucepan again.... awh Je'sus come on.

Also on tv cooking programmes, no gloves, no hair net, no white suit, nothing, just wear the grubbiest old clobber you can find, maybe not cut your fingernails but go right ahead and start making a 3 course meal for guests, fookin disgusting.

No one talks over anyone else on tv shows. No one finishes anyone elses sentences, no one belches, farts or tries to cop a feel on these tv shows either, I've a good mind to write a strongly worded letter to the editor.

Here's something else that grinds my gears, why is the tv news always on in a bar when a fugitive comes in? And within 5 seconds a news report comes on showing a picture of him taken yesterday? The barman seems to have no customers to serve and can find time to watch this news report and then head off to call the police. He turns round and all he sees is the door flapping in the wind and can't figure out where the guy disappeared to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Rachel Allen the other evening (on TV, not in my house) said the recipe required some diced "anyawn" I didn't know wtf she was on about until she proceeded to dice an onion.............

And putting the bool in the ooven.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭poundapunnet

I walk around all day with my keys and my phone, know where they are, put them in my pocket for safe keeping without even being aware of doing it, and then the second I walk into the house they disappear. I use the keys to get into the house and then thirty seconds after that they're gone and I find them on some windowsill or in the bathroom. Gremlins I tells you.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

I walk around all day with my keys and my phone, know where they are, put them in my pocket for safe keeping without even being aware of doing it, and then the second I walk into the house they disappear. I use the keys to get into the house and then thirty seconds after that they're gone and I find them on some windowsill or in the bathroom. Gremlins I tells you.

Nope,. it's those pesky Leprachauns, you know them, the same ones that get hold of that carefully coiled extension lead that was put away with care, and comes out of the cupboard like a bad tempered boa constrictor, and takes at least 10 minutes to untangle so that it can be used.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Living in an apartment and being able to hear your neighbours bodily functions. Last night the baby monitor was picking the tinkling noise up so I had it in what felt like amplified surround sound. Ugh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

Nope,. it's those pesky Leprachauns, you know them, the same ones that get hold of that carefully coiled extension lead that was put away with care, and comes out of the cupboard like a bad tempered boa constrictor, and takes at least 10 minutes to untangle so that it can be used.

In dreading untangling the Christmas tree lights already..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

Also on tv cooking programmes, no gloves, no hair net, no white suit, nothing, just wear the grubbiest old clobber you can find, maybe not cut your fingernails but go right ahead and start making a 3 course meal for guests, fookin disgusting.

:confused:

do you wear gloves, a hairnet and a white suit when in your kitchen cooking for family and friends?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I hate being labeled a "beer snob" because I dont like the taste of mass produced macro beers. I happen to enjoy drinking beers that taste good, simple as.

keano_afc wrote: »
    I hate being labeled a "beer snob" because I dont like the taste of mass produced macro beers. I happen to enjoy drinking beers that taste good, simple as.

They're not calling you a beer snob because of what you like, it's because of what you call it!

"I don't like Heineken" sounds very different to "I don't like that mass produced macro beer".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

keano_afc wrote: »

I wouldn't count somebody that enjoys drinking, say, less well known beers a beer snob. Drink what you like, it's your money!

What I do consider a beer snob is a person that looks down on and preaches about 'lack of taste' and 'horse piss' etc etc when somebody orders a well known beer. It's ignorant and rude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    Living in an apartment and being able to hear your neighbours bodily functions. Last night the baby monitor was picking the tinkling noise up so I had it in what felt like amplified surround sound. Ugh!

Jaysus! How thin are those walls? :pac:

We live in an apartment too though and thankfully it's pretty well soundproofed so at least we don't have to listen to the neighbours sex noises :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I think that most people that say they hate being called beer snobs secretly love it.

Also, someone saying 'I'm not a beer snob but...' is akin to someone saying 'I'm not a racist but...' - you know what they are going to say is going to prove they are exactly what they claim not to be.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement