Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Paddy Fields

My neighbour does something like that when she gets a mad fit and actually talks. She starts with, "I'm not being nosey or anything," then proceeds to ask you how much money you make and did you have a shag this morning. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

sam34 wrote: »
    :confused:

do you wear gloves, a hairnet and a white suit when in your kitchen cooking for family and friends?

No, I have staff to do that for me. You don't think I do it myself do you?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Drivers slowing about a mile before they exit the motorway, FFS drive on there's plenty of time to slow down after you exit.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,603 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

The use of 'stock' photos in advertising.

Their fake joyous expressions in the most mundane of situations.

(Nothing against bisto)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

Blue Tack that removes paint from the wall or ceilinig when taking down Christmas decorations.....grrrrrrrr

Fridge magnets that scratch the fridge when you move them or try and take them off.

Yoghurt that has a use by date. It's yoghurt for ffs, how does it have a use by date? Surely, it should get better with age? :rolleyes:

Staples that keep breaking and getting stuck in the stapler. I'd love to staple my foot to its ass.

Employers who insist you send them your cv and or job application by snail mail.... hello, can you hear me all the way back there in 1955, Marty?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Idiots who insist on pretending they know all about wine, when it comes to choosing it and then insist on tasting it despite it not being corked in the first place. Jesus. Smelling it, swishing it around your mouth like an absolute tool and then congratulating yourself on making such a great choice.

Buses that don't arrive for 40 mins despite there supposed to be one every 10 mins, dafuq is that all about? Then a bus driver with a face on him like someone just shat on his cornflakes grunting at you, then idiots at the very last stop elbowing each other out of the way so they can be off the bus 2 whole seconds longer than someone else.

I hate people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Jaysus! How thin are those walls? :pac:

We live in an apartment too though and thankfully it's pretty well soundproofed so at least we don't have to listen to the neighbours sex noises :D

What's funny is the apartments were built in the 70s so they're not the newer shoe box variety. The walks are actually quite thick and we can't hear any noise from the other neighbours at all. This guy must just be a very loud pisser!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Gayle in Coronation Street "mimmam is comin over, im going for a drink wiv mimmam"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Cyclists

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

People who don't wash out my blow up doll after use

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea

This post has been deleted.
    bnt wrote: »
    So? You're better off without Faecebook. Free At Last! :D

but I need it for clients!

Facebook shut me down :( I set up a new one though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

Extremely stupid people on quiz shows. If the question is tough then I can understand but question now on Tipping Point is Hanoi is the capital of what country and she answers Japan. FFS are these people vetted before going on? I'd have thought a 10 year-old would get that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Henry Sellers Clip

I'll see your Henry Sellers clip, and raise you one Fanny Chmelar:

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭peewee_44

peewee_44 wrote: »
    I tell you what annoys me. One of my neighbours has had their back garden light on all day everyday for over 2 weeks. It does not effect me in anyway I just want them to turn it off even if only for during the day....

This light is still on, it went off not long after I posted this and I thought Oh they read it and in less than 24 hours it was back on. Have they not worked out how to use a switch or do they just like high bills....TURN IT OFF

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

MJ23 wrote: »
    Gayle in Coronation Street "mimmam is comin over, im going for a drink wiv mimmam"

And her kids.............Rawsee n Sawphee:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

eisenberg1 wrote: »

They're not Gail's kids. Gail's the ET Scrotum head lookalike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Idiots who insist on pretending they know all about wine, when it comes to choosing it and then insist on tasting it despite it not being corked in the first place. Jesus. Smelling it, swishing it around your mouth like an absolute tool and then congratulating yourself on making such a great choice.

Buses that don't arrive for 40 mins despite there supposed to be one every 10 mins, dafuq is that all about? Then a bus driver with a face on him like someone just shat on his cornflakes grunting at you, then idiots at the very last stop elbowing each other out of the way so they can be off the bus 2 whole seconds longer than someone else.

I hate people

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! People tasting wine drives me mental!!!! It just stinks of ignorance! You know those idiots who order a bottle of the "house red" in a restaurant and then taste it and say, "yes that's fine" - wtf? Makes me want to crawl under the table. "Tasting" wine of that standard is akin to tasting a can of coke before you buy a 6 pack. Pretnentious w*nkers. Then again, the waiters are worse for going along with it and actually pouring in a measure for the "connoisseur" to taste :mad:

Added to that - people who say they wouldnt dream of buying wine in Lidl or Aldi. Pure snobs. I've had really nice wines from both and eight or nine euro will get you a far nicer one there than in any of the leading stores.

eisenberg1 wrote: »

That's Sallleeeee eisenberg, you know, the "beans on toast for tea" lady, surprisingly Rawsee and Sawphee didn't turn out half bad for the amount of beans on toast they ate!

The phrase "kick them out of the bed for farting" definitely comes to mind! :pac:

Ohh jeeesus! :pac:

And that's why I love this thread, pure gems like that one, classic! :D

Oops, my mistake. I was thinking of the other one ( not an avid fan). Where they married to same guy at some point?

I cant believe I just asked that:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! People tasting wine drives me mental!!!! It just stinks of ignorance! You know those idiots who order a bottle of the "house red" in a restaurant and then taste it and say, "yes that's fine" - wtf? Makes me want to crawl under the table. "Tasting" wine of that standard is akin to tasting a can of coke before you buy a 6 pack. Pretnentious w*nkers. Then again, the waiters are worse for going along with it and actually pouring in a measure for the "connoisseur" to taste :mad:

Added to that - people who say they wouldnt dream of buying wine in Lidl or Aldi. Pure snobs. I've had really nice wines from both and eight or nine euro will get you a far nicer one there than in any of the leading stores.

Sod it, Ill have a bottle of Blue Nun

I was out one night in the company of a connis whore, who ordered a wine they never tasted before, and tried to send it back because they just didn't like the taste....................There was nothing wrong with the wine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Shops that put the newspapers upside-down to stop you having a quick read of the headlines. Grrrr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

As awful as this sounds, I hate the noise of sirens going past me when I have headphones in because it drowns out the music. It's as first world a problem as you could get.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

When cashiers wrap your change in a receipt in a shop after buying a few bits and then you have to unwrap it and put the change in your wallet while your hands are full and their is a queue of people behind you waiting >.<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Pretnentious....lol. Have to be able to laugh at oneself...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Rory on Elephant self storage
    "Nought nought nought nought"

Please Rory, go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

The tasting isn't to see if they like the taste, it's to see if the bottle is corked..no?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭poundapunnet

I leave the door open for five bloody minutes while I go to the clothesline, the cat abandons the food I've just given him and legs it into the kitchen and straight into the butter on the table. I don't know how he discovered that he loves butter but he's like a junkie for it :mad: Now there's butter everywhere and he'll probably sneak back into the house when he feels like a puke as well, fcuk that cat, seriously

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

Mariah Carey, Celine Dion and Christina Aguielsdcggrgkh......whatever. They insist on showing off their vocal range in every f*cking song that they sing. And what is worse is every person who does karaoke thinks they can also do it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement