Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Then it's a purse.

It's a purse if you don't put change in it? I think you have that backwards.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Sitting flicking through the stations last night and there was actually a program about a maternity ward...like, they have officially made tv out of people pro-creating....why?? :confused: The most normal thing in the world.... reminded me of all the years watching "Doctor" Gillian McKeith analysing people's sh1t....
    Good thing David Attenborough didnt
    twig onto the 'normal makes crap telly ' law

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

Getting food stuck in your back teeth.

The betrayal is the worst part.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Mince pies, I fuucken hate them

Everywhere you go..........

"Have a mince pie"
    "No thanks, don't like them"
    "What?"
    "I don't like them"
    "why? sure everyone loves mince pies"
    "I don't"
    "sure thats silly, have one"
    "I. Don't. Fuucking. Want. One"
    "There's no need for the attitude"
    "Listen Mrs Doyle...piss off with yer moxy mice pies, before I .......Aaaagh" (I just had a brain embolism)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Mince pies, I fuucken hate them

Everywhere you go..........

"Have a mince pie"
    "No thanks, don't like them"
    "What?"
    "I don't like them"
    "why? sure everyone loves mince pies"
    "I don't"
    "sure thats silly, have one"
    "I. Don't. Fuucking. Want. One"
    "There's no need for the attitude"
    "Listen Mrs Doyle...piss off with yer moxy mice pies, before I .......Aaaagh" (I just had a brain embolism)

I feckin love them, defo wouldn't be offering them around so eagerly. I actually hate that they aren't on sale all year round.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

Lucozade starts to make me feel sick again, after drinking it for more than 2 days. It's ok on day 1 and day 2 when you are ill and bed ridden, but whatever it is about day 3...... oh dear lord.

All of these new yokes for cleaning your teeth, inbetween your teeth, cleaning your tongue etc etc etc, fook how did we manage years ago without them? And unless you are very careful, one wrong move and you have a bleeder (gum) on your hands and will it stop, like a fook it will.

Christmas card and Christmas decorations that have glitter on them, no not Gary, the other kind. It only takes one small piece to fall on the carpet and it just turns into a major problem. There it is, stuck in the carpet looking up at me, mocking me, laughing at me, giving me the two fingers every time my back is turned.... now where did I put the flame thrower?

Seeing Santa in one shopping centre and then seeing him again in another shopping centre at the other end of town, 10 minutes later, is it true, can it be true, Santa can bi-locate?

Starters and 'appetizers', fcuk off and get me some real man food for once.

2 yorkies perhaps??? :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

Lucozade starts to make me feel sick again, after drinking it for more than 2 days. It's ok on day 1 and day 2 when you are ill and bed ridden, but whatever it is about day 3...... oh dear lord.

All of these new yokes for cleaning your teeth, inbetween your teeth, cleaning your tongue etc etc etc, fook how did we manage years ago without them? And unless you are very careful, one wrong move and you have a bleeder (gum) on your hands and will it stop, like a fook it will.

Christmas card and Christmas decorations that have glitter on them, no not Gary, the other kind. It only takes one small piece to fall on the carpet and it just turns into a major problem. There it is, stuck in the carpet looking up at me, mocking me, laughing at me, giving me the two fingers every time my back is turned.... now where did I put the flame thrower?

Seeing Santa in one shopping centre and then seeing him again in another shopping centre at the other end of town, 10 minutes later, is it true, can it be true, Santa can bi-locate?

On the quantum level Santa can be in two locations at the one time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Red you could have a thread all of your own with the amount of completely off the ball stuff you come up with, and it's not until you mention it that it occurs to me too (that glitter on the carpet one, ohh merciful Jesus H Christ!), and Santa's grottos in every bloody shopping centre, Christmas promotions generally, bloody hell! :mad:

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Red you could have a thread all of your own with the amount of completely off the ball stuff you come up with, and it's not until you mention it that it occurs to me too (that glitter on the carpet one, ohh merciful Jesus H Christ!), and Santa's grottos in every bloody shopping centre, Christmas promotions generally, bloody hell! :mad:

Hes right most of the time though. Red, you do indeed come off as your namesake from the 70's show with your angry view of the world. Don't ever change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭poundapunnet

Jake1 wrote: »
    how did the cat get the lid off the butter ??;):D

Lid me hole, it was half a pound of proper foil-wrapped butter not a box of sunflower pansy crap ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Whenever you see an article relating to Breaking Bad and at the end of whatever informative or not so informative sentence you read you just know they're going to say "b!tch" because Jesse has happened to utter it every so often. The first time you see somebody do it you think "haha that's actually pretty clever" but at this point it just needs to stop....b!tch :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭smeedyova

The stupid queuing system in Fallon and Byrne. It's a cul-de-sac. If you have just paid for goods you have to squeeze passed all the people who are at checkouts and force the oncoming people to back up as you struggle to find a space to exit. If you're in the queue you have to wait until the woman with the buggy who has just paid for her goods organizes her purse, the groceries, the kid and then watch her while she struggles to get passed the people at the other check-outs before you can proceed to the check-out yourself. All the while the check-out is free but nobody can get to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

Don't ask me why, but the names of those training logs get on my tits when they pop up on the latest posts page..

6rKbCT.png

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Dubchild

Teabags, when it falls off my spoon and lands on the floor making a big splosh :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Java. I already updated and yet it still keeps bugging me to update! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭smeedyova

When I'm out for dinner with folks and people double-dip their fork, chips, or whatever in the communal dip, and then expect me to contribute to the cost of it even thought I couldn't eat it because they left their spit in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

smeedyova wrote: »
    When I'm out for dinner with folks and people double-dip their fork, chips, or whatever in the communal dip, and then expect me to contribute to the cost of it even thought I couldn't eat it because they left their spit in it.

That's disgusting!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Adobe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Zed Bank

People trying to make small talk. Does my head in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

I liked that Kittensoft ad the first few times I saw it, "Emma Emma Emma"
    Now it just annoys me.

Who has a toilet like that in their house? No one, he is in a cubicle in a pub or restaurant, so how can Emma hear him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Lid me hole, it was half a pound of proper foil-wrapped butter not a box of sunflower pansy crap ;)

Butter is like cat heroin. Many a time my cat has unwrapped the foil from butter. It must take him ages but I say the pay-off is worth it!

My annoyance is cat related too. I cleaned the house top to bottom yesterday and today the cat tracked muddy paw prints all over the sitting room floor and the leather couches. Then he was all cuddly so I couldn't even be cross with him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Went for dinner tonight, just to the front bar of a local hotel. I've been having a really tough time lately, and my dad is pretty ill in hospital, so among other things, I wasn't exactly doing cartwheels with the joys of life.

So, I got up to the bar, standing waiting to pay, when this aul lad, slobbering into his pint turns to me and says "will ya cheer up it might never happen", I said excuse me and he repeated it again.

So, by now I had two choices.
    1- smile and say nothing
    2- make him uncomfortable as hell.

Obviously, I chose option 2. So, I said to him "oh it's already happened". And he does, oh did he dump you did he? "No my fathers seriously ill, happy?".

Stuck him to the chair, he didn't know what to say at first but apologised for saying it to me as I was leaving.

Hopefully he'll think twice before saying such an ignorant thing again to a complete stranger. Asshat

• Registered Users Posts: 33,598 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

He didn't know, bit harsh I think.

Hope things get better for you and your dad soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

NIMAN wrote: »
    He didn't know, bit harsh I think.

Hope things get better for you and your dad soon.

My point is, it's completely ignorant to interrupt a persons train of thought to tell them to cheer up it may never happen, especially when you know nothing about them or why they have a miserable looking face

I don't think it's harsh. What a stupid thing to say to someone. You don't know what someone is going through or what's going on in their life. If someone is standing at the bar minding their own business why on earth do you need to tell them they look miserable.

Good on you for saying something to him - hopefully he'll think before saying something like that again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭veryangryman

MurdyWurdy wrote: »
    I don't think it's harsh. What a stupid thing to say to someone. You don't know what someone is going through or what's going on in their life. If someone is standing at the bar minding their own business why on earth do you need to tell them they look miserable.

Good on you for saying something to him - hopefully he'll think before saying something like that again.

Disagree. You definitely should have went with option 1. How dare he like... =-O How on earth is he to know your situation? World would be a pretty dull world if people never conversed in social places.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

The fact the site isitdownrightnow.com is actually down............

Disagree. You definitely should have went with option 1. How dare he like... =-O How on earth is he to know your situation? World would be a pretty dull world if people never conversed in social places.

I agree, it would be dull. I have no problem with people making conversation in public places but it was still a stupid thing to say. He didn't only have the choice of one phrase. I agree that he wasn't to know the situation so maybe not the brightest thing to say then? There are many other, better ways to start a conversation in a bar with someone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭NicoleL88

More completely ridiculous, unjustified and trivial annoyances from me (in addition to corners of pillows and duvets and violating the rules of footpath etiquette):

1. People not smiling back at me when I smile at them on the street
    2. People reading your FB messages and not replying to them. (You know that I know that you've seen it!)
    3. Socks that are not inside out.
    4. Tags on tops. ITCHY
    5. Christmas being advertised in September. GTFO.
    6. Small talk, I actually just can't do this. The awkwardness and forced niceties make me squirm.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement