Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Americanisms generally don't annoy me, but I have a friend who's ready to kill at the sound of "good job" or its elongated variation "good jaaawb". She now lives in America.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

People putting pots and pans into the dishwasher.....

Genuinely lost with this one. It doesn't work (get them clean) or it's just not the done thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Duck Soup wrote: »
    Genuinely lost with this one. It doesn't work (get them clean) or it's just not the done thing?

Not a two day old porridge pot anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭SNORBEAST

A few things that annoy me:
    The Dublin 4 accent
    Hector
    People with ginger hair and freckles
    Auld lads with comb overs
    Track suit wearing chavs
    Chavs who wear sovereign rings
    Dirty shoes
    Bad breath

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭sureitsgrand

I hate the way that TDs in the Dáil never sit on the front row/bench. Just looks wrong. Presumably it's because there's no desk in front of them.

Now that's pretty trivial, I know!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭lounakin

SNORBEAST wrote: »
    A few things that annoy me:
    The Dublin 4 accent
    Hector
    People with ginger hair and freckles
    Auld lads with comb overs
    Track suit wearing chavs
    Chavs who wear sovereign rings
    Dirty shoes
    Bad breath
    This!
    People with ginger hair and freckles are born this way. It annoys me when people blatantly attack someone's skin colour without shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭stefan idiot jones

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

I hate kangaroo testicles and monkey brains even though I've never tried them. But you're welcome to try them and let me know how they taste.

Which reminds me that honey is bee vomit, eggs are chickens periods, black pudding is pig blood...but youve tried these..yes?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭razorgil

Which reminds me that honey is bee vomit, eggs are chickens periods, black pudding is pig blood...but youve tried these..yes?:)

MMMMmmmmmmm, all goood!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

People who defend mutants with ginger hair, should all be bucketed at birth. Stop watering down the gene pool.

RRRRRight. So. Im guessing you wouldnt like any of this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Really annoys me when there's no where to hang your jacket on the back of a cubicle door in a public toilet. What am I supposed to, keep my jacket on and run the risk of getting shít on the back of it? Put it on the floor that's stained with other people's píss? No thanks. I usually end up trying to awkwardly hang it over my knees.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Sadderday

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Really annoys me when there's no where to hang your jacket on the back of a cubicle door in a public toilet. What am I supposed to, keep my jacket on and run the risk of getting shít on the back of it? Put it on the floor that's stained with other people's píss? No thanks. I usually end up trying to awkwardly hang it over my knees.

Haha I can relate!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Sadderday

People that invite you over to their gaff for drinks and ask that you take your shoes off coming into the gaff.

are you for real? its freezing, hole in sock at the middle toe, always step in something wet in the jaxx, its just minging and uncomfortable...

and you put your shoes on aswell you knackbag, dont be cooking me dinner in your bare feet

feet are big deformed hands and it puts me off you when you insist on having them out in public.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

People who defend mutants with ginger hair, should all be bucketed at birth. Stop watering down the gene pool.

People who jump on bandwagons!
    Try replacing "mutants with ginger hair" in your statment with "coloureds" or "níggers" and tell me if you think it's still ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭pitythefool

yeppydeppy wrote: »
    People who jump on bandwagons!
    Try replacing "mutants with ginger hair" in your statment with "coloureds" or "níggers" and tell me if you think it's still ok?

come on now, failry shure it was a joke, you could replace the line from django un chained and people would find it hilarious

" is that a ****** on a horse "

to

" is that a ginger with a fine bird "

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭md23040

Users on internet forums quoting their other halves in posts, for instance "myself and Mrs md2340 went out yesterday and....."

Why???

Just say "myself and my [please add were appropriate]

other halve, wife, husband, partner, boyfriend, girlfriend, mistress or whatever.

Please stop using usernames plus the relevant prefix, it's meaningless, contrived and seems a bit condescending.

md23040 wrote: »
    Users on internet forums quoting their other halves in posts, for instance "myself and Mrs md2340 went out yesterday and....."

Why???

Just say "myself and my [please add were appropriate]

other halve, wife, husband, partner, boyfriend, girlfriend, mistress or whatever.

Please stop using usernames plus the relevant prefix, it's meaningless, contrived and seems a bit condescending.

me and your one who pitysthefool agree with you

come on now, failry shure it was a joke, you could replace the line from django un chained and people would find it hilarious

" is that a ****** on a horse "

to

" is that a ginger with a fine bird "

So explain how it's acceptable to joke about gingers and not black people?
    Either way it's the jumping on the bandwagon that annoys me: "oh look people on the internet are slagging gingers - I'll do it too and it'll be hilarious!"

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭HHobo

Windows Update reboots. After all these years, you'd think they'd learn how to install updates without needing a reboot.

These drive me nuts. Especially the ones on the timer. You click the later button expecting it to fook off. It does but only just long enough for you to have gotten back into the movie you were watching only to have it pop up again. Leave it alone for about 10 minute and it shuts down automatically.

Sometimes I imagine that windows' staff have embedded some kind of virus in the updates that allows them to tap into webcams and microphones. They release an update, sit back, break out the pop corn and laugh their asses off at all the swearing and giving out.
    How motorcyclists are treated like criminals at petrol stations.

I agree, they should be treated like criminals everywhere. :D

Either way it's the jumping on the bandwagon that annoys me: "oh look people on the internet are slagging gingers - I'll do it too and it'll be hilarious!"

you can make jokes about n$£$ers within context, do agree on the bandwagon thing though

coppercab had it right

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

you can make jokes about n$£$ers within context, do agree on the bandwagon thing though

coppercab had it right

What context is ever alright to make jokes with that word?

old hippy wrote: »

Chris Rock had a very funny piece about that. Perhaps you should let him know what an awful person he is. Afterall, he didn't consider the fact that he might offend some delicate little flower with his crimes against humanity.

There aren't any people who genuinely hate or dislike or discriminate against people with red hair.
    There is no neo-agingerist sitting at home with packets of hair dye, seething about the all those fecken "gingers" out there.

He may have made the naive mistake of thinking that people with red hair were a group of people you could still poke fun at without being whipped all the way to the Hague. Silly boy!

old hippy wrote: »

Quinten Tarantino did it in Django with great satire to rave reviews from people of all colour

Chris Rock does it the whole time, its not about what is said its how you are saying it

Sorry if I dont hold the same guilt as you, i just get the meaning of satire

HHobo wrote: »
    There aren't any people who genuinely hate or dislike or discriminate against people with red hair.

Yes there are.
    Quinten Tarantino did it in Django with great satire to rave reviews from people of all colour

Chris Rock does it the whole time, its not about what is said its how you are saying it

Sorry if I dont hold the same guilt as you, i just get the meaning of satire

I haven't seen Django yet so I can't comment - is it not set sometime in the 1800s when nígger was an accepted term?

Chris Rock is a black man, how many white comedians do you think would get away with his material before being shot?

I don't hold any guilt (I can't speak for old hippy) and I do understand satire, I also understand humour which is a different and subjective thing.

Racism is racism whether it's against someone of different skin colour, hair colour or the shape of their eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭SuperGrover

People who say "people that" instead of "people who".

Yes there are.

I haven't seen Django yet so I can't comment - is it not set sometime in the 1800s when nígger was an accepted term?

Chris Rock is a black man, how many white comedians do you think would get away with his material before being shot?

I don't hold any guilt (I can't speak for old hippy) and I do understand satire, I also understand humour which is a different and subjective thing.

Racism is racism whether it's against someone of different skin colour, hair colour or the shape of their eyes.

who would shoot the comedian?

there can be satire in humour

why is it ok for a black man to say it and not a white man

know one shot the writers of South Park for the Naggers episode because it was completely engulfed in humouous satire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

People who say "people that" instead of "people who".

People say what now? :p

Anyway, people who (see what I did there? Learning already!) post things on facebook saying they hate when people don't reply to their texts.

Made all the more trivial and annoying when I'm not even ON facebook and my wife relays the, erm, status.

I don't want to know! Annoying on two counts then that one really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭RainMaker

The use of the words kit, package or product to make something sound more specific, when in fact all these words are used for is an alternative to "the thing" of "stuff" - basically they preserve ambiguity while trying to sound specific. Must be spin doctor nonsense!

e.g.
    Beef was product sourced in Poland
    Aid/Compensation/Interrogation package

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

Airlines trying to sell you:

Insurance
    Hotels
    Car rental
    A bag that is good for onboard
    Advance seat allocation
    Meal vouchers