Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

NicoleL88 wrote: »
    More completely ridiculous, unjustified and trivial annoyances from me (in addition to corners of pillows and duvets and violating the rules of footpath etiquette):

1. People not smiling back at me when I smile at them on the street
    2. People reading your FB messages and not replying to them. (You know that I know that you've seen it!)
    3. Socks that are not inside out.
    4. Tags on tops. ITCHY
    5. Christmas being advertised in September. GTFO.
    6. Small talk, I actually just can't do this. The awkwardness and forced niceties make me squirm.

Heh :p

Christ I'm an awful prick sometimes :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

maximoose wrote: »
    I think it is ignorance, but not in a pretentious way... just people not actually knowing WHY the server has poured them a little bit to taste! It was only recently enough I learnt that it was for corking purposes :o

It's pretty much defunct nowadays anyway. I think the odds of getting a corked bottle are really low, something to do with something they changed. Ya might have problems if ordering a bottle over ten years old though but if you're doing that then that's another thread altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭NicoleL88

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Heh :p

Hahaha, oh god I'm such a hypocrite! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 38 ktm

Trivial things that annoy me

1: threads like this and the people who post in them
    2: hypocrisy
    3: irony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

1 cent and 2 cent coins... Get rid off them :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

Went for dinner tonight, just to the front bar of a local hotel. I've been having a really tough time lately, and my dad is pretty ill in hospital, so among other things, I wasn't exactly doing cartwheels with the joys of life.

So, I got up to the bar, standing waiting to pay, when this aul lad, slobbering into his pint turns to me and says "will ya cheer up it might never happen", I said excuse me and he repeated it again.

So, by now I had two choices.
    1- smile and say nothing
    2- make him uncomfortable as hell.

Obviously, I chose option 2. So, I said to him "oh it's already happened". And he does, oh did he dump you did he? "No my fathers seriously ill, happy?".

Stuck him to the chair, he didn't know what to say at first but apologised for saying it to me as I was leaving.

Hopefully he'll think twice before saying such an ignorant thing again to a complete stranger. Asshat

Well, what he did was pretty trivial, and it did annoy you, so you're in the right thread anyway! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Went for dinner tonight, just to the front bar of a local hotel. I've been having a really tough time lately, and my dad is pretty ill in hospital, so among other things, I wasn't exactly doing cartwheels with the joys of life.

So, I got up to the bar, standing waiting to pay, when this aul lad, slobbering into his pint turns to me and says "will ya cheer up it might never happen", I said excuse me and he repeated it again.

So, by now I had two choices.
    1- smile and say nothing
    2- make him uncomfortable as hell.

Obviously, I chose option 2. So, I said to him "oh it's already happened". And he does, oh did he dump you did he? "No my fathers seriously ill, happy?".

Stuck him to the chair, he didn't know what to say at first but apologised for saying it to me as I was leaving.

Hopefully he'll think twice before saying such an ignorant thing again to a complete stranger. Asshat

Good for you. I hate people like that. Not content with being grinning fuucks themselves, they have to infect the rest of society with their misplaced mania. They usually have very little to be happy about anyway. You did the right thing making him think about his throwaway comment. Hope your Dad gets better soon.

Disagree. You definitely should have went with option 1. How dare he like... =-O How on earth is he to know your situation? World would be a pretty dull world if people never conversed in social places.

On the contrary, I think the world would be a much better place if people stopped annoying others who clearly want to be left alone. He doesn't need to know the posters situation, he just needs to have some respect and not come out with stupid comments such as "cheer up it might never happen". This is enough to make me mad even if I am in a good mood to start with! If he was so concerned about the poster he might say, "hey are you alright, you look a bit down" and take a cue as to whether she wants to talk or be left alone (and I dont think a reasonable person would react badly to that) but tis bullsh1t of vomiting out lines such as "oh cheer up" or "why the long face" is simply empty, meaningless claptrap.

ktm wrote: »
    Trivial things that annoy me

1: threads like this and the people who post in them
    2: hypocrisy
    3: irony

The irony of someone coming onto a thread called "trivial things that annoy you" in order to be trivially annoyed by the purported irony of the trivial annoyances therein. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    The irony of someone coming onto a thread called "trivial things that annoy you" in order to be trivially annoyed by the purported irony of the trivial annoyances therein. :D

+1

If ya dont like it, dont click on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

beakerjoe wrote: »
    +1

If ya dont like it, dont click on it.

It was a joke. Like this…

http://imgur.com/lNNmODw

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Captain Farrell

Yeah, that was the one I was thinking of but couldn't find it.

Doh!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Doh!

a deer ?

A female deer?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

Fussy eaters really really bug me. Before i continue let me say that Im a bit of a freak in so much as i will and do eat absolutely anything and everything so long as it is a recognised human food.
    So Im not talking specifically about people who dont eat stinking weeping cheeses that smell dead or lava vindaloos or chocolate ants. No. Im on about the 'I dont eat rice/pasta/spuds' brigade or the 'Is there garlic in this thing i have just enjoyed half of?.. Oh i dont like garlic!! (Pushes plate away).
    What gives!!!! DONT LIKE RICE!!! SO IF YOU LIVED IN CHINA YOU WOULD STARVE!!!!
    I know that the "Irish mammy' of a certain era ruined many many foods for us by simply boiling it to death into a flavourless nutritionless mush but for the love of jebus people get over it and enjoy food!!!

Phew.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Fussy eaters really really bug me. Before i continue let me say that Im a bit of a freak in so much as i will and do eat absolutely anything and everything so long as it is a recognised human food.
    So Im not talking specifically about people who dont eat stinking weeping cheeses that smell dead or lava vindaloos or chocolate ants. No. Im on about the 'I dont eat rice/pasta/spuds' brigade or the 'Is there garlic in this thing i have just enjoyed half of?.. Oh i dont like garlic!! (Pushes plate away).
    What gives!!!! DONT LIKE RICE!!! SO IF YOU LIVED IN CHINA YOU WOULD STARVE!!!!
    I know that the "Irish mammy' of a certain era ruined many many foods for us by simply boiling it to death into a flavourless nutritionless mush but for the love of jebus people get over it and enjoy food!!!

Phew.....
    some people genuinely can't stomach the taste of loads of food. I hate most food taste wise to the point where I'l get sick.

I hate how people tell me I don't enjoy the taste of food then watch them slather about 10 different things that changes how the food tastes!

Arawn wrote: »
    some people genuinely can't stomach the taste of loads of food. I hate most food taste wise to the point where I'l get sick.

I hate how people tell me I don't enjoy the taste of food then watch them slather about 10 different things that changes how the food tastes!

Thats often called 'cooking' which is what makes food taste nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

[/B]
    Thats often called 'cooking' which is what makes food taste nice.

putting sauces all over a nicely cooked steak is cooking is it?

putting sauces all over a nicely cooked steak is cooking is it?
    No it isnt.......

I cant find a reference to sauces or steak in your previous post. You simply spoke of adding thing to food to alter the taste. That could very well be cooking.
    Im yet to see anyone add more than one sauce to a steak and usually at the cooking stage like when you make a cracked pepper sauce on the steak pan....yummmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭Knight who says Meh

Unless you have a food allergy or irritable bowel then then actually feeling sick about lots of food makes you a fussy eater. This is learned behaviour. I could cook you rice, pasta, spuds etc in half a dozen different ways all of which will taste vastly differently.
    No skin off my nose and more nice food for me!!!!:D

Edit. Just twigged to the line in bold!! Really???? That actually sound a little serious if not being exaggerated.:confused:

Unless you have a food allergy or irritable bowel then then actually feeling sick about lots of food makes you a fussy eater. This is learned behaviour. I could cook you rice, pasta, spuds etc in half a dozen different ways all of which will taste vastly differently.
    No skin off my nose and more nice food for me!!!!:D

Edit. Just twigged to the line in bold!! Really???? That actually sound a little serious if not being exaggerated.:confused:

He could be… a SUPERTASTER!!!

The world's sh¡ttest superpower…

He could be… a SUPERTASTER!!!

The world's sh¡ttest superpower…

Like yer woman in Alphas? One kiss caused her to orgasm. Not a bad auld power if just a little severe on laundry.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I would not treat this as trivial.....MOST food makes you sick?

The 10 things? are you referring to salt, pepper etc ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 jacksports

oh,I look me.

Like yer woman in Alphas? One kiss caused her to orgasm. Not a bad auld power if just a little severe on laundry.

Sadly and more mundanely, like this…

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supertaster

Hmmm, I must watch this Alphas you speak of…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Sadly and more mundanely, like this…

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supertaster

Hmmm, I must watch this Alphas you speak of…

Trivial thing that annoys me:
    Alphas being cancelled!

It was a kinda X Men lite. Folk with minor abilities (Not powers dontcha know).
    One character could ramp up any one of her 5 senses to super human levels at the temporary loss of the other 4. In one episode she lost control of the power and a hot bad lady planted a big Lesbot snog on her which nearly killed her.... and me....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement