Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

This post has been deleted.

Were you able to carry it?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

One Euro coins getting stuck in shopping trolleys.

Shopping trolleys with a wonkey wheel.

Automatic doors into and out of shops that take for fookin ever to open. Also those metal arm yokes that are in Aldi and Lidl, German engineering? I think not. You walk up to it, it's supposed to swing open to let you in, and it just sits there. Have to remember to wear 'a cup' everytime I go in there now, need to look after the old kahoonas.

Over sensitive alarm systems placed at the exits of shops. They seem to have only two settings, let shoplifters out and go off every time a legit customer goes through after standing for fookin ages at the automatic checkout, having paid for your booze and groceries.

Roadworks that start two weeks before Christmas.

There are too many USB connections now. Male, female, full size, mini, etc etc. Just manufacturers taking the piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Automatic doors into and out of shops that take for fookin ever to open. Also those metal arm yokes that are in Aldi and Lidl, German engineering? I think not. You walk up to it, it's supposed to swing open to let you in, and it just sits there. Have to remember to wear 'a cup' everytime I go in there now, need to look after the old kahoonas.

Over sensitive alarm systems placed at the exits of shops. They seem to have only two settings, let shoplifters out and go off every time a legit customer goes through after standing for fookin ages at the automatic checkout, having paid for your booze and groceries.

There are too many USB connections now. Male, female, full size, mini, etc etc. Just manufacturers taking the piss.

God I missed you!

Czarcasm wrote: »
    Jaysus! How thin are those walls? :pac:

We live in an apartment too though and thankfully it's pretty well soundproofed so at least we don't have to listen to the neighbours sex noises :D

Favourite sex noise is "Please":

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭Knight who says Meh

Such road works usually happening on perfectly fine stretches of road for no other reason than local councils have money they have to get rid of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Dramatik

When a customer explains how something they are about to purchase your store is cheaper in another shop. The shop they're talking about is usually a multi-national company with millions behind them, where's the one you work in is an independently run shop and the price difference is probably 50 cent or less...

Dramatik wrote: »
    When a customer explains how something they are about to purchase your store is cheaper in another shop. The shop they're talking about is usually a multi-national company with millions behind them, where's the one you work in is an independently run shop and the price difference is probably 50 cent or less...

When i worked in retail this bugged the ****e out of me

"its a fiver cheaper elsewhere"

Then bloody shop elsewhere.

• Site Banned Posts: 23 Black cat banger

They way people...mainly GAA players...say "Lookit!"..where the freek did this suddenly come from ?

Sample : How do you think the County final will go ?

"Lookit ! we are where we are de lads are well up for it ..but shure ..lookit!...it's all on the day !

Also anyone over thirty who says things like "Cool" or something "Rocks" embarrissin !

Just sayin.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

people, when they are asked what type of music they like, who say 'a bit of everything, kings of leon, justin timberlake, lady gaga, macklemore, simply red, rihanna, killers etc' Just say 'pop or chart' ffs!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

It's gonna start any day now and it does my head in every year.
    People are gonna ask, " well, are you all set for Christmas?"

(Usually, the smug folk who started their gift wrapping during the Easter holidays.)

MAKE THEM STOP-PLEASE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

sweetie wrote: »
    people, when they are asked what type of music they like, who say 'a bit of everything, kings of leon, justin timberlake, lady gaga, macklemore, simply red, rihanna, killers etc' Just say 'pop or chart' ffs!!!

The musical universe doesn't revolve around either.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

The way my mam notices immediately upon walking into a room if she sees something that she hadn't noticed before, or something that shouldn't be there. Its so annoying!

Today alone she walked into the living room while my sister and I were watching telly, picked up a bottle of water from the fireplace and asked "Who owns this?". I told her it was mine, she said okay, put it back, and just walked out again :confused:

Just a few minutes ago she came into the kitchen, pointed at a jumper on one of the chairs and asked who owned it. It was belonging to a friend of my brother's. She said grand and went about her business.

Its like she has to know who owns everything and who put what thing where. Its not even because of neatness, its just nosiness! If none of us knows who put the bag/shoe/book whatever in that place, she'll go around the house asking who owns it or who put it there until she figures it out. Its so so irritating.

Sometimes when she asks me something as mundane as "who owns that book" I feel like saying who gives a shít!! It doesn't matter who owns it or put it there.

/Rant.

I love her to bits, but thank God I don't live at home any more :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Also anyone over thirty who says things like "Cool" or something "Rocks" embarrissin !

Just sayin.....

Anyone over thirty?!?! ffs...

Anyone under thirty that thinks the word 'cool' should be restricted to their generation.

• Site Banned Posts: 23 Black cat banger

Anyone over thirty?!?! ffs...

Anyone under thirty that thinks the word 'cool' should be restricted to their generation.

Eh ?

Anyone understand what this poster is trying to say ?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Eh ?

They're saying 'have respect for your elders young scallywags'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭RedFormanFITA

Do you know what really REALLY grinds my gears? BIC pens. Yes, these pens have it in for me, especially the little cap on the end in either red, blue or black. The constant twisting I have to do day after day to keep the writing bit with the ink in place. And then what happens?

The little fooker at the end breaks and you can't screw the end cap on tight anymore and it makes the pen useless. You have to throw it away and go on a man hunt for another one.... makes my blood boil. It's right up there with not being able to find batteries for the tv remote at 11pm at night and the volume is up too high.

Also tin foil, facial wipes, sink plungers, soggy bread, nail clippers, pritt stick, bubble wrap, diet drinks and lightbulbs piss me off big time. Totally fookin useless in an emergency.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Do you know what really REALLY grinds my gears? BIC pens. Yes, these pens have it in for me, especially the little cap on the end in either red, blue or black. The constant twisting I have to do day after day to keep the writing bit with the ink in place. And then what happens?

The little fooker at the end breaks and you can't screw the end cap on tight anymore and it makes the pen useless. You have to throw it away and go on a man hunt for another one.... makes my blood boil. It's right up there with not being able to find batteries for the tv remote at 11pm at night and the volume is up too high.

Also tin foil, facial wipes, sink plungers, soggy bread, nail clippers, pritt stick, bubble wrap, diet drinks and lightbulbs piss me off big time. Totally fookin useless in an emergency.

What kind of modern day emergencies needs this ****?? who are you? McGyver??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

Arawn wrote: »
    What kind of modern day emergencies needs this ****?? who are you? McGyver??

I don't know who he is, but I'd love to see him in action

Or her, of course

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Dubl07 wrote: »
    The musical universe doesn't revolve around either.

eh, that's my point. They think they have a broad taste yet they only like what they hear on the radio / in the charts

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Eh ?

He's saying: "Cunning-HAM! My office!" :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭wingbacknr5

People who return from a year in Australia and when you meet them they declare that "I see not much has changed around here" with a smug grin on their face and a wistful shake of the head.

I had it out with one of them recently and asked "Why is there something wrong with where your from, has a year drinking and getting sick in Irish bars in Bondi elevated you above all this?".

Fairly minor gripe in the grand scheme of things but it yanks my chain.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭wingbacknr5

Double post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

On the issue of people telling you to "cheer up it might never happen" - had a run in with that little fuuckin trumpet I wrote about before, this morning. Walking past him minding my own business and he just barks "cheer up" as I am walking past? wtf?? what is wrong with people? I wasnt in a bad mood, thats just my default facial expression, and if I was in a bad one, some idiot shouting "cheer up" is hardly going to do it for me, is it??

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    On the issue of people telling you to "cheer up it might never happen" - had a run in with that little fuuckin trumpet I wrote about before, this morning. Walking past him minding my own business and he just barks "cheer up" as I am walking past? wtf?? what is wrong with people? I wasnt in a bad mood, thats just my default facial expression, and if I was in a bad one, some idiot shouting "cheer up" is hardly going to do it for me, is it??

When people say cheer up when im in good mood it actually puts me in a bad mood. *****!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

beakerjoe wrote: »
    When people say cheer up when im in good mood it actually puts me in a bad mood. *****!

Me too! It's like an order, they're actually telling us to cheer up, to which I feel like replying, "would you ever go and fuuck yourself".

Next time someone says, "cheer up" I will ask, "is that an order?"

This morning when that little w*nker said it to me I just fixed him with a stare and said, "No.". If he does it again I wont be responsible for what I'll do to him :eek:

Also hate people coming in and commenting about the weather. Just breezing in and saying, "its very nippy out there now" / "there's a little but of sun out there now" / "its a bit cold out there now" - fuuck off!!!!! I dont care. You dont care. Nobody cares. What's wrong with saying nothing for fuuck sake. Are people incapable of saying nothing? Is it that hard? Do they have little vocometres clipped to their p*xy belts with a target amount of words to hit each day? Just shut the fuuck up about the weather! I actually ignore people now who do this. It's hard not to respond with a platitutude (much harder than you think) but its worth it to see them reflect on their ridiculous parping and then wither away before your eyes as they reaslise how annoying they are...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    ...It's hard not to respond witha platitutude (much harder than you think) but its worth it to see them reflect on their rediculous parping and then wither away before your eyes ;)

Mmm. Strong is this one with the Force! :pac::pac::pac:

Also hate people coming in and commenting about the weather. Just breezing in and saying, "its very nippy out there now" / "there's a little but of sun out there now" / "its a bit cold out there now" - fuuck off!!!!! I dont care. You dont care. Nobody cares. What's wrong with saying nothing for fuuck sake. Are people incapable of saying nothing? Is it that hard? Do they have little vocometres clipped to their p*xy belts with a target amount of words to hit each day? Just shut the fuuck up about the weather! I actually ignore people now who do this. It's hard not to respond with a platitutude (much harder than you think) but its worth it to see them reflect on their ridiculous parping and then wither away before your eyes as they reaslise how annoying they are...[/QUOTE]

Soft day, grand for the time of year, at least its staying dry, that's very wet
    rain, I would not be surprised if it snows.....NEITHER WOULD I, ITS THE MIDDLE OF NOVEMBER FFS!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

When hanging up the phone the other person repeatedly says, "Bye bye bye...bye, bye...bye.
    I do not know the reason it needs to be said more than once. In comparison I sound like Anne Robinson off Weakest Link saying goodbye. Once and to the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭yeppydeppy

and come the middle of January all you'll hear from those same idiots is: "There's a grand stretch in the evenings!" and they'll usually add "Thank God" because they're usually the religious types.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Seaaan

People who say 'plz' and 'thx'
    There's no z in please or x in thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement