Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that annoy you

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Also hate people coming in and commenting about the weather. Just breezing in and saying, "its very nippy out there now" / "there's a little but of sun out there now" / "its a bit cold out there now" - fuuck off!!!!! I dont care. You dont care. Nobody cares. What's wrong with saying nothing for fuuck sake. Are people incapable of saying nothing? Is it that hard? Do they have little vocometres clipped to their p*xy belts with a target amount of words to hit each day? Just shut the fuuck up about the weather! I actually ignore people now who do this. It's hard not to respond with a platitutude (much harder than you think) but its worth it to see them reflect on their ridiculous parping and then wither away before your eyes as they reaslise how annoying they are...

Soft day, grand for the time of year, at least its staying dry, that's very wet
    rain, I would not be surprised if it snows.....NEITHER WOULD I, ITS THE MIDDLE OF NOVEMBER FFS!!![/QUOTE]

Oh we're paying for our summer...oh yes we wont see another one of them now for a few years...ah it was good while it lasted...ohyes put the shorts away you dont want to cause an accident now! oh haha ha fuucking haaaa...over zealous small talk induced fake laughter graaaaaaating on my brain......some of those fuuckers are only one decibel shy of mania :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,177 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Oh we're paying for our summer...oh yes we wont see another one of them now for a few years...ah it was good while it lasted...ohyes put the shorts away you dont want to cause an accident now! oh haha ha fuucking haaaa...over zealous small talk induced fake laughter graaaaaaating on my brain......some of those fuuckers are only one decibel shy of mania :(

The farmers'll be delighted! :D

When hanging up the phone the other person repeatedly says, "Bye bye bye...bye, bye...bye.
    I do not know the reason it needs to be said more than once. In comparison I sound like Anne Robinson off Weakest Link saying goodbye. Once and to the point.

Maddening...

A picks up phone: Hello?
    B: Hello
    ...silence...
    B: Can you hear me?!!!!????

There is so much wrong with this scenario. I'm always person fuucking A too. Yes I can hear you, thats why I said HELLO! No, I will not say it again, we'll be here all fuucking day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭poundapunnet

Yeah it's the whole aura of shock and surprise that I find weird "God it got fierce wintry all of a sudden didn't it?/Real drop in the temperature today"

It is NOT sudden or surprising, given the time of year and the country you live in. It's something I've really noticed since moving back to Galway, it must rain about 200 days of the year and yet every time it does it's "OH MY FCUKING GOD IT'S RAINING! REALLY HEAVILY!? WHY IS THIS HAPPENING??"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

People who say or write 'question' before a question. Surely the written '?' or tone of the comment is enough?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭poundapunnet

sweetie wrote: »
    People who say or write 'question' before a question. Surely the written '?' or tone of the comment is enough?

Yes.

Reminds me, I went to school with this girl and every time she laughed at anything, she'd shake her head afterwards and go "funny". Every single time. Thanks for letting everyyone know what that noise you just made meant you dumb bitch

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭minotour

One Euro coins getting stuck in shopping trolleys.

Shopping trolleys with a wonkey wheel.

Automatic doors into and out of shops that take for fookin ever to open. Also those metal arm yokes that are in Aldi and Lidl, German engineering? I think not. You walk up to it, it's supposed to swing open to let you in, and it just sits there. Have to remember to wear 'a cup' everytime I go in there now, need to look after the old kahoonas.

Over sensitive alarm systems placed at the exits of shops. They seem to have only two settings, let shoplifters out and go off every time a legit customer goes through after standing for fookin ages at the automatic checkout, having paid for your booze and groceries.

Roadworks that start two weeks before Christmas.

There are too many USB connections now. Male, female, full size, mini, etc etc. Just manufacturers taking the piss.

Dont use coins, jimmy your car key in the slot, works everytime and it makes you feel cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭wingbacknr5

Yes.

Reminds me, I went to school with this girl and every time she laughed at anything, she'd shake her head afterwards and go "funny". Every single time. Thanks for letting everyyone know what that noise you just made meant you dumb bitch

Like the Curb Your Enthusiasm episode where Larry confronts a woman on her verbal texting. Everytime she heard something funny she said "LOL" instead of actually laughing. Larry David is the man for tackling these annoying types.

Yes.

People who say "thats so funny" instead of just...laughing. You dont need to say "thats so funny" - we have a sound to convey that for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Like the Curb Your Enthusiasm episode where Larry confronts a woman on her verbal texting. Everytime she heard something funny she said "LOL" instead of actually laughing. Larry David is the man for tackling these annoying types.

or Victor Meldrew

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

There is an ALDI/LIDL ad on TV at present, some guy banging on about what he loves about Xmas. Midnight mass and getting home to get stuck in to the Xmas cake..............Christ on a (new) bike.

He would be better served getting stuck in to a couple of bottles wine, and getting jiggy with his missus

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭wingbacknr5

Victor was a legendary man for this as well, but Larry just takes it to the next level.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭irritablebaz

people who refer back to a place they have just come home from about every single thing you discuss. "yeah back n oz" oh fck off i dont care wtf they get up to in walabalonga.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

People saying "I could care less" instead of "I couldn't care less".

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭smeedyova

Those noisy leaf-blowing things and the idiots who operate them. Can't they just use a rake??? More efficient, environmentally friendly and no noise pollution.

Those really noisy road sweeping machines that are always going up and down Grafton St, leaving a disgusting trail of wet yukiness and stink in their wake. And they are deafening. How many does the Council have? They seem to be everywhere all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭michael.dublin

People that say “you know what I mean” over and over. And then you say to them, no I don’t know what you mean. They look all confused…. Just don’t like that saying

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭Paddy Fields

yeppydeppy wrote: »
    and come the middle of January all you'll hear from those same idiots is: "There's a grand stretch in the evenings!" and they'll usually add "Thank God" because they're usually the religious types.

You wont feel it now till Easter. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

when my OH answers then door, and is asked "is the boss in" or "can I speak to the man of the house". I really feel sorry for the next gob****e who does that, especially if its in the middle of "Fair City"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

when my OH answers then door, and is asked "is the boss in" or "can I speak to the man of the house". I really feel sorry for the next gob****e who does that, especially if its in the middle of "Fair City"
    I used to work door to door about 6 years ago briefly. If anything, it's the woman who tends to be the boss of the house when it comes to purchases. Awful judgement on so many levels by whoever is knocking away. :p

You just cant win. This morning it was, "cheer up, cheer up, cheer the fuuck up!!!" if you dared relax your facial muscles...now its "ah what are you lauhing at, are you on youtube again?" - ffs :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

People keep leaving the door in front of my desk open. At least once every half an hour I have to get up and close it. Put a small note on it to ask people to keep it closed. Now I am thinking along the lines of a large note. Suggestions welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

People keep leaving the door in front of my desk open. At least once every half an hour I have to get up and close it. Put a small note on it to ask people to keep it closed. Now I am thinking along the lines of a large note. Suggestions welcome.

You need one of these -

http://www.amazon.com/Reaching-Pick-up-Grabber-Disabled-Gardeners/dp/B003K2F87A

Then you can pinch the person on the arse as they leave and remind them to close the door on the way out...

Or you could just push the door closed with it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭The Dom

Kim Kardashian, she's pretty trivial, right.

I am sick to death of seeing this one all over the place, there's no getting away from her.

Magazine covers, newspapers, YouTube ads - she's every bloody everywhere.

Even at the cinema I have to see her stuff her fcuking face with Muller Light.

Away with yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

That McDonalds ad where people are half asleep in the morning and doing stupid things - like the woman sitting in a McDonalds having a breakfast and is wearing odd shoes...

Anyway, the bit that annoys me is the woman who is wearing a dressing gown and a towel on her head and goes and puts the milk back into the washing machine, presumably she's just out of the shower and having her breakfast. I'm sorry, but if she was just out of the shower and washed her hair she would not be walking around half asleep, She'd be wide awake :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭saltyjack silverblade

The Dom wrote: »
    Kim Kardashian, she's pretty trivial, right.

I am sick to death of seeing this one all over the place, there's no getting away from her.

Magazine covers, newspapers, YouTube ads - she's every bloody everywhere.

Even at the cinema I have to see her stuff her fcuking face with Muller Light.

Away with yourself!

I cannot understand her mother. Literally watched the show 5 times and every time her mother was bawling her eyes out. Once she tried to do the less popular ones out of a perfume deal and used their trademark as the name. Worth millions etc and all she had to do was cry to get the whole thing resolved in her favour. Apparently she only ever tried to be a good mother. Weirdest show on tv. Empty headed bithces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭The Dom

People that say “you know what I mean” over and over.

Or the american version: You know what I'm saying.

Although, I love Scotty P did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭saralou2011

Clothes shops that have their mirrors outside the changing rooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

I get really annoyed when people accuse you of "not getting" a band/TV show.

Maybe the band/TV show are just cr@p and it makes them seem like a smug git.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

Hitting "STOP" instead of "SNOOZE" on my phone alarm, being woken up an hour later... balls :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭Captain Farrell

People who say "THE Christmas" . It's just Christmas for fuck's sake!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement